++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 10-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
root of evil?

Quote: S. African bishop: Condoms tainted with AIDS
Head of church claims Europe is trying to kill off Africans by infecting them

Updated: 4:12 p.m. PT Sept 26, 2007

MAPUTO, Mozambique - The head of the Catholic church in Mozambique said on Wednesday he believed some European-made condoms were deliberately tainted with the HIV/AIDS virus to kill African people.

“I know of two countries in Europe who are making condoms with (the) virus on purpose, they want to finish with African people as part of their program to colonize the continent,” Archbishop Francisco Chimoio told Reuters.

“If we are not careful we will finish in one century.

“I also know some companies who are manufacturing anti-retroviral drugs already infected with the virus, also in order to finish quickly the African people,” Chimoio said.

He declined to name the European countries in question or the source of his allegations.

The Catholic Church, followed by 17 percent of Mozambique’s population, opposes the use of condoms.

“People must choose what they want between death and I propose to them that (abstinence) is the best way to fight HIV/AIDS,” Chimoio said.

More than 16 percent of Mozambique’s 19 million people, mostly economically active adults aged between 14 and 49, are infected with HIV/AIDS. About 500 infections are recorded every day, according to the health department.

Diogo Milagre, deputy executive chairman of Mozambique’s National Council for the Fight Against AIDS, said the government’s efforts to combat the scourge were hampered by a struggling health infrastructure and staff shortages.

“Now over 50 percent of Mozambique’s hospital beds are occupied by AIDS patients while infections are sky-rocketing (but) we haven’t lost the battle yet as we are now changing our approach,” he said, declining to comment on Chimoio’s charges.

“We need to study this phenomenon very carefully particularly cultural aspects with we believe are fueling infections on several fronts at once,” Milagre said.

source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20999747/

Either way you look at it is fucked up cuz if he knows companies are tainting condoms and doesn't say who it is he is in accessory to murder. and If he is lying he is helping spread HIV by trying to envoke fear of condoms so people will not use them which fuels the HIV epidemic in Africa. Either way this supports my contention that the Catholic church is evil from the pope on down.... now lets see how long before this post is removed because the powers that be are Catholic.

which leads me to another rant but I am running low on room so I will spare you.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
Scorpion King
USER INFO »
Re: root of evil?

Yes, it's a fucked up situation, but what one bishop says does not make the entire Catholic Church evil.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scorpion King) Yes, it's a fucked up situation, but what one bishop says does not make the entire Catholic Church evil.

I am not say the actions of just one Bishop though.... See you have not been here long enough to remember my last thread critical of of the Catholic church entitled "JP II Criminal?" where I presented a the case that John Paul II was a criminal for his actions as pope.

But if this Bishop is lying (which he more than likely is) why is he doing it? I would say it is to get his parishioners to follow Catholic laws/dogma which prohibits birth control. which would be the entire church form the pope on down.

Now I have made no secret of my Atheism, Nor have a made it a secret that I think that irrational belief in an invisible sky daddy. Man invented god to explain what he could not. and when we could explain it man used god to control further inquiry.

That is all I am gonna say now.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #4
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

yes indeed Any Words Or Comments On The Pathic Mason RELGION And There Dark Organzations, that seems to want to keep thier distant from the catholic church i,ll leave this topic open for opions since we have not heared from you in a while LUNAR Its Back To You Now
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I'd agree that this Bishop isn't telling the truth(tainted condems), but suggesting people abstain from physical contact to prevent the spread of a fatal communicable desease sounds logical.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-05-2007, 04:40 AM   #6
RalphyS
USER INFO »

You can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool all people all of the time!

In countries where 30% of the people are HIV-positive even if you abstain from sex before marriage, chances are almost 1 in 3 that your husband/wife will be infected, so condoms remain necessary even after marriage.

And I will not go in further detail on the notice that to tell people to abstain from sex is like telling children to behave!

I do have to go on a bit in further detail, preaching abstinence always reminds me of the tale of the turtle and the scorpion. The scorpion wanted to cross the river, so he asked the turtle to carry him on his back across the river. The turtle said: "No, you will sting me". The scorpion answered: "I can't sting you, if you died, I would drown, so we would both die". So the turtle agreed, but half way across the river the scorpion stung the turtle anyway" The turtle dying asked surprised: "Why did you do that?" The scorpion answered: "It's just in my nature"!

I don't think I need to elaborate what's in the human's nature.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl

Last edited by RalphyS : 10-05-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:37 AM   #7
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS)
I don't think I need to elaborate what's in the human's nature.

Indeed Ralphy,

if you wanna speak on human nature well lets take a look at the pitiful excuse for sex ed in America.... The abstianace only education has been shown to be a total and utter failure yet the religious right keeps trowing money in to it. teen pregnency it on the rise as well as STD's. Why? oh simple because the sex ed system in this country basically goes like this... We'll tell people that protection doesn't work so they won't have sex. how ever what happens is that they will abstain from sex for a few months longer than they would have and then have sex with out a condom... why because the sex ed curriculum only spoke of condoms in their failure rate, so why use them right?

this is the bull shit we deal with day in and day out having to deal with the religious right. and where does this come from.... the catholic church and the protestant side as well.

just another short rant.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) Indeed Ralphy,

if you wanna speak on human nature well lets take a look at the pitiful excuse for sex ed in America.... The abstianace only education has been shown to be a total and utter failure yet the religious right keeps trowing money in to it. teen pregnency it on the rise as well as STD's. Why? oh simple because the sex ed system in this country basically goes like this... We'll tell people that protection doesn't work so they won't have sex. how ever what happens is that they will abstain from sex for a few months longer than they would have and then have sex with out a condom... why because the sex ed curriculum only spoke of condoms in their failure rate, so why use them right?

this is the bull shit we deal with day in and day out having to deal with the religious right. and where does this come from.... the catholic church and the protestant side as well.

just another short rant.

Thanks for yet another portion of blame. What's your answer to the problem? According to you and Ralphy people have little or no control over their sexual urges and it's foolish to expect anyone to abstain.
Their are plenty of self destructive activities out there besides sex that people engage in eventhough they know better. Some people will choose to ignore good or bad education and do something anyway.
I'm aware of the innocent victims of someone elses reckless behavior, but neither God or any place of worship FORCED any person into a sexual encounter.
Maybe it's just easier for you to blame God or a church, but I maintain responsibility lies with the individual.

I'm not expecting you to change your opinion. I'm just elaborating mine.

-Homer Simpson

Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #9
RalphyS
USER INFO »

What I do blame the church(es) for, is assuming that if you tell adolescents, that using a condom while having sex if you have sex, will automatically lead to them having sex.

If you're mind is set on abstinence, I would suggest a talk about how to use a condom, would not deter you from that, but there are enough adolescents out there, who do not take the preaching of their parents always to heart, in fact, I presume you know that teens are in large numbers notoriously rebellious against their parents and other authority figures during that period of life.

Those who subscribe to other sex ed than abstinence (I have no problem for abstinence to be included btw) do not condone the rebellious nature of teens, but we do acknowledge it, and the churches do not, this is the biggest problem. We live in the real world and they live in an ideological sexfree utopia, but at the same time have less faith in their 'good' kids, for a talk about 'condoms' may lead the same kids astray.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) What I do blame the church(es) for, is assuming that if you tell adolescents, that using a condom while having sex if you have sex, will automatically lead to them having sex.

If you're mind is set on abstinence, I would suggest a talk about how to use a condom, would not deter you from that, but there are enough adolescents out there, who do not take the preaching of their parents always to heart, in fact, I presume you know that teens are in large numbers notoriously rebellious against their parents and other authority figures during that period of life.

Those who subscribe to other sex ed than abstinence (I have no problem for abstinence to be included btw) do not condone the rebellious nature of teens, but we do acknowledge it, and the churches do not, this is the biggest problem. We live in the real world and they live in an ideological sexfree utopia, but at the same time have less faith in their 'good' kids, for a talk about 'condoms' may lead the same kids astray.

Point well taken.

-Homer Simpson