++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-11-2002, 08:02 AM   #1
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
The Word Of God... something for the Christians of the board

This is for the fellow Christians on this board. So if you are not a Christian please don't be offended by what is in this thread. This is just my personal beliefs is all. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me.

Man Lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3

In Jesus' earthly ministry he quoted this very same scripture to Satan when he was being tempted. By quoting this Jesus aknowledged that God's word is a great tool against the attack of the adversary, satan. We can look at the Isrealites who recieved the Daily Manna from God and see that a believer is to seek and feed on a regular basis God's Word. In Psalms 119:165 says that God has provided for believers a solid base that will keep us firm and secure no matter what we may face in life. Please don't think that you as a believer can survive without nourishment from the Word Of God. In 1 Peter 2:2 says that God's word is essential to the believer as is milk to a newborn child.

I challenge every Christian on this board to feed on God's word everyday. Do not allow satan to take away your food and leave you with the excuse that you are just so busy that you didn't have time to eat from your Daily Manna. With this attitude you may spiritually starve or at the very least suffer from severe spiritual malnutrition.

God bless you all!

Audrey

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-11-2002, 08:14 AM   #2
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
I'm speechless
Old 10-11-2002, 08:27 AM   #3
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Quote: Originally posted by Siana
I'm speechless

You don't have to get sarcastic, Siana. As the begining of the thread said... these are my personal beliefs... I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. I posted this because I know that there are some Christians on here. I merely wanted to share this with them. Are you being sarcstic to me because of my beliefs? If you want respect Siana you must show respect. May you have a blessed day, Siana.

Old 10-11-2002, 09:07 AM   #4
Siana
USER INFO »
no i'm not sarcastic.I just had nothing else to say.i meant what you said is ok.......
Old 10-11-2002, 09:09 AM   #5
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Oh ok it was just miscommunications is all... the rolling of the eyes is what threw me off. I apologize for getting snippy.

Old 10-11-2002, 09:12 AM   #6
Siana
USER INFO »
ok,don't worry
Old 10-11-2002, 10:14 AM   #7
BigBassDrummer
USER INFO »
awesome insight Lady V. I'll try to remember that...
Old 10-11-2002, 05:47 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
you´re right, Lady V!!!
I agree with you... And I need to feed my soul everyday, it´s something I´m missing...
Old 10-12-2002, 10:42 PM   #9
Read JDM
USER INFO »
What you should do, Lady, is offer to email a quote from scripture everyday to anyone who wants one. You can become the board's spiritual advisor I think it'd be cool.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #10
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Read JDM
What you should do, Lady, is offer to email a quote from scripture everyday to anyone who wants one. You can become the board's spiritual advisor I think it'd be cool.

You know that kind of sounds like a good idea. I mean I do recieve my daily devotionals via e-mail from heartlight.com. However, if anyone wants to get daily devotionals via e-mail all they have to do is find a web site that does that like Heartlight.com. Or type in "Christian daily devotionals" into a search engine and they'll find all they could possibly want.

However, I was merely reading the scriptures that I quoted and I felt God's Holy Spirit convict me... for I wasn't eating from the "Daily Manna" as I should. I've been slacking off and these scriptures helped me. I just wanted to share them with other Christians here on the board.

As for being the board's "Spiritual Advisor"... I don't think so... LOL First of all I don't feel comfortable with that "title" it sounds very arrogant to me. Anyways, there are many faiths, religions, and philosophies represented here on this board... how could I possibly represent all of them?

I feel every Christian on here represents the Christian community as a whole. The Bible tells us to be "the light to the world". We all represent Christ as Christians. And Christ calls all Christians to help one another and to fellowship with one another and to share in one anothers burdens and joys and life lessons. I guess the same goes for the other religions, faiths and philosophies that are represented here on this board.

I for one believe that there should not be "spiritual advisors" on this board... just people who share their experiences, failures, and knowledge with those who want to hear.

I appreciate the thought though Read JMD.

Old 10-13-2002, 12:19 PM   #11
Read JDM
USER INFO »
LOL
Old 10-15-2002, 01:12 AM   #12
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
<b>I for one believe that there should not be "spiritual advisors" on this board... just people who share their experiences, failures, and knowledge with those who want to hear.. </b>

Thank you Lady V for this insight and your inclusiveness. Your wisdom and humble kindness is appreciated!
Old 10-17-2002, 09:26 AM   #13
Siana
USER INFO »
yes,it is
Old 10-21-2002, 05:59 PM   #14
alive_in_Jesus
USER INFO »
I have just recently been trying to read my bible everyday, I agree, it is EXTREMELY impotant to read God's word, we had a guest pastor at my church for the past 2 weeks and he really stressed that point, u r right on, I think a lot of people don't really hear how important it is to read it, so they don't. Thank you.