++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Tremonti Interview w/BackstageAxxess.com

From Darien Lakes...

http://www.backstageaxxess.com/

Quote: One of the few guitarists who received any accolades and earned respect from his peers from the post grunge era was Creed’s Mark Tremonti. Mark is currently on tour with Creed in support of the bands 2009 release ‘Full Circle.’ Not only did we talk about Creed, but we talked about his other highly successful band Alter Bridge as well. Mark is one of the hardest working musicians out there and we were glad that he took the time to talk to us before the bands show at Darien Lake. Let’s rip this one open to see what is currently going on with Mark…

Quote: We would like to thank Michael Tremonti, Steve Wood, and Mike Amato for their help setting up the interview. For more information on Creed, you can go to: http://www.creed.com/. For more information on Alter Bridge, you can go to: http://www.alterbridge.com/

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: New Tremonti Interview w/BackstageAxxess.com

Nice interview, thanks for posting.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Cool, nice interview.

I love how these guys keep teasing us with new material. First Myles with his phantom solo record, now Mark with "The Project." They've both said they might just put their stuff online...that would be a great thing for their fans.

Anyone else notice how he has referred to Creed's music as more commercial when comparing it to Alter Bridge? I don't think people would disagree much with that, but it surprises me that he's so up front about it, especially when the term "commercial" has such negative connotations when it comes to music. This is the same guy who stayed really professional and played the anti-mudslinger when Creed broke up and the rumors were flying. I'm doggin' Mark at all, just struck me as odd that he made that same remark on multiple occasions.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
Stevensonart
USER INFO »

Nice interview, would have liked to have heard when CREED will be playing a west coast leg. Last year one California show and this year no Cali show. Kind of crazy considering the population and the weather.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Thanks For Posting DK, as always, IN JESUS NAME, dont know what old TRULY, would do wit out ya,s When Ya Have To And Be wrapped With A Cloak Of Madness, thats our tremors,very hardworking indeed and focused and come what may always gets the job done, One of the best of the best of the best,
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by FreedomFighter) Cool, nice interview.

I love how these guys keep teasing us with new material. First Myles with his phantom solo record, now Mark with "The Project." They've both said they might just put their stuff online...that would be a great thing for their fans.

Anyone else notice how he has referred to Creed's music as more commercial when comparing it to Alter Bridge? I don't think people would disagree much with that, but it surprises me that he's so up front about it, especially when the term "commercial" has such negative connotations when it comes to music. This is the same guy who stayed really professional and played the anti-mudslinger when Creed broke up and the rumors were flying. I'm doggin' Mark at all, just struck me as odd that he made that same remark on multiple occasions.

I find his sincerity refreshing.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) I find his sincerity refreshing.
just like i find you refreshing, oh your the inspiration, nobody needs you more than i, if anybody took the commercial sound out of CREED, it was mark, it shows strong in Human Clay, except for 2 chart toppers, higher and awo, neither was weathered, mop and full cirlce have a lot of the simliar dark rock pattrens that my own prison brought to life, Dark knight posted, just like something like in the creed sticky, i cant recall who said what, i think it was stapp, said something about the roots of mop and full circle, ALSO, i think the maker of the movie roots died this past week, great movie, GOD REST HIS SOUL among the greats, Im sure he will shine down on those who needs uplifting, if you was black in those days, you had one hope, AND THAT WAS THE JUSTICE OF THE ALMIGHTY, And in the words Of Dr King, KEEP HOPE ALIVE, And In THE WORDS OF MOSES, LET MY PEOPLES GO, and we dont trust whitey thats white still a different way and the press, ROCK ON,
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by FreedomFighter) Cool, nice interview.

I don't think he meant it as a putdown, just that Creed appeals to a wider, more mainstream audience while Alter Bridge is much artsier and metal and is more underground than Creed.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable interview.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't think he meant it as a putdown, just that Creed appeals to a wider, more mainstream audience while Alter Bridge is much artsier and metal and is more underground than Creed.

Alter Bridge isn't really much are artsier or metal than Creed. Maybe that will change with the new album.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't think he meant it as a putdown, just that Creed appeals to a wider, more mainstream audience while Alter Bridge is much artsier and metal and is more underground than Creed.

the cartoon killers and the rag covered clownes, yes he did, you cant take,m so serious, mark always handles his self well with the press and the media, they always know what their doing at all times, its been a wonderfull year as well as stressfull year for the guys, these guys are the best, just really great guys, in the heights Of AB, their be many vipers out their with Un needed, trick questions, to try and break you, but as always he done a great job.................. MY AB NATION, wating precious,
Old 08-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Alter Bridge isn't really much are artsier or metal than Creed. Maybe that will change with the new album.

Yes, they are and they are considered that by the bandmembers themselves. You're not going to release a track like Blackbird under the Creed name. That is the only distinction between the two bands. Mark's gonna save his more intricate riffs and solos for AB and do more big ballad, epic chord type stuff for Creed.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yes, they are and they are considered that by the bandmembers themselves. You're not going to release a track like Blackbird under the Creed name. That is the only distinction between the two bands. Mark's gonna save his more intricate riffs and solos for AB and do more big ballad, epic chord type stuff for Creed.
With all due respects AGENT D, And the almighty Love of my fellow Alterbridge Nation, My GOD be that bridge, we are family glory to God, By SPIRT ONLY NOT BY OPINION, but till that dark cloud of doom, LIFTS UP. of the creed band, you can forget about anything being done by creed, albums songs, or anything, i just pray they make it into houston, with a good finshied tour, and peace of mind and clartiy in jesus name, i hope and i pray, that they boys, and the brotherhood, work on their projects, and all goes, well, i know that whatever mark puts together for creed, would be nothing more than breath taking, just truly a hard worker and one of the best musicians, of the musicians, i pray in jesus name what ever is best for him, it will surley cometh, Loves Ya,s.....
Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Yes, they are and they are considered that by the bandmembers themselves. You're not going to release a track like Blackbird under the Creed name. That is the only distinction between the two bands. Mark's gonna save his more intricate riffs and solos for AB and do more big ballad, epic chord type stuff for Creed.

Just my opinion, but I don't find tracks like Before Tomorrow Comes, Rise Today, One by One or Open your eyes much different from the Creed sound or particularly artistic. I do however, enjoy some of the more "artistic" tracks on the AB albums and hope the new album will contain many of these types of songs.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Just my opinion, but I don't find tracks like Before Tomorrow Comes, Rise Today, One by One or Open your eyes much different from the Creed sound or particularly artistic. I do however, enjoy some of the more "artistic" tracks on the AB albums and hope the new album will contain many of these types of songs.
really ? will we must surley roll out the red carpert to meet your standards, inspired one, .......... And peace be wit you, you bring me joy, other than some i,ve had to deny their friend request
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #15
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Just my opinion, but I don't find tracks like Before Tomorrow Comes, Rise Today, One by One or Open your eyes much different from the Creed sound or particularly artistic. I do however, enjoy some of the more "artistic" tracks on the AB albums and hope the new album will contain many of these types of songs.

I like how you pick out four tracks that are softer but ignore the heavy ones. I guess that just proves my point. At any rate, if what the band is saying is true, then the third album will be a lot heavier.