++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-28-2005, 09:52 PM   #76
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Yes, yes Titan.

Cuz even though I hate RL and TGD with all of my heart--lol I really admire Stapp and I wish his career can be successful.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 11-29-2005 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #77
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) You are talking here without even known about Papa Roach past music style, without listened to their old records. I think is really funny how some people open the mouth and trying to give the impression they are a music experts classifiying music saying "cheesy" and die trying it.

I'm from California... and have been to their hometown of Vacaville many times. I've watched that band from infancy. I have known people who knew this band back when they were playing local gigs. They jump on every music bandwagon they can to make bland derivative songs in order to rake in a couple bucks. Remember back in 2000 when the guys were all about the Limp Bizkit trend of pansy rap-rock? Back when Shaddix was trying to speak ebonics to look tough? They're now releasing songs like "Scars" to appeal to the the little emo girls. They've also ripped off the images of bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu. I'm not saying Papa Roach is terrible... they do have their good moments. But they also have their terrible whiny nu-metal moments. You want good bands from Northern California... take Strata.

Last edited by Chase : 11-30-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #78
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
I somewhat agree with you Chase. When I heard Scars, I couldn't believe my ears. Total, utter crap.

But in their defense, the rest of the album doesn't sound like that. "Tyranny of Normality" is an awesome song. The rest of the Getting Away with Murder CD is pretty decent. Infest was still their best though. Lovehatetradgedy, well, just kinda sucked.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 AM   #79
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) I somewhat agree with you Chase. When I heard Scars, I couldn't believe my ears. Total, utter crap.

But in their defense, the rest of the album doesn't sound like that. "Tyranny of Normality" is an awesome song. The rest of the Getting Away with Murder CD is pretty decent. Infest was still their best though. Lovehatetradgedy, well, just kinda sucked.

I agree completely... "Tyranny of Normality" is a good song. They're much better when they're not trying to appeal to more people. Shaddix has also had a hand in helping other lesser known bands... like Die Trying (who actually had to change their name recently due to legal issues). I'm only criticizing them holding themselves back.

Last edited by Chase : 12-01-2005 at 04:44 AM.