++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #31
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Because of course, Ashlee Simpson's CD success has proven her massive talent.

I don't like Ashlee Simpson so I don't buy her CD's. I wasn't blow away by Alter Bridge either so I don't own their CD. You can tell everybody in the world that they have crappy taste in music and if they don't like what you like they don't know good music. But it boils down to the fact that people buy what they like and don't buy what they don't like. To me Ashlee Simpson sucks. So does her sister. I just simply don't buy their music because I don't like it.

If Tremonti was the one with all the talent you would think that talent would shine on in Alter Bridge. Its pretty obvious that his success as a member of Creed hasn't exactly been reborn in Alter Bridge. Everybody says hurray that they ditched the member who made people hate Creed. But that hasn't apparently prompted those millions of Creed fans to buy an Alter Bridge CD. What I want to know is did it make all those people who hated Creed love Alter Bridge? Maybe thats who all those people are that bought One Day Remains. People who hated Creed and people who thought Tremonti was the only one who had any talent.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) I don't like Ashlee Simpson so I don't buy her CD's. I wasn't blow away by Alter Bridge either so I don't own their CD. You can tell everybody in the world that they have crappy taste in music and if they don't like what you like they don't know good music. But it boils down to the fact that people buy what they like and don't buy what they don't like. To me Ashlee Simpson sucks. So does her sister. I just simply don't buy their music because I don't like it.

Exactly. Talented musicians doesn't mean good-elling music.

Quote: If Tremonti was the one with all the talent you would think that talent would shine on in Alter Bridge. Its pretty obvious that his success as a member of Creed hasn't exactly been reborn in Alter Bridge. Everybody says hurray that they ditched the member who made people hate Creed. But that hasn't apparently prompted those millions of Creed fans to buy an Alter Bridge CD. What I want to know is did it make all those people who hated Creed love Alter Bridge? Maybe thats who all those people are that bought One Day Remains. People who hated Creed and people who thought Tremonti was the only one who had any talent.

His talent has shown. Especially with Stapp out of the way. Theuir record sales are meaningless.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:50 AM   #33
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ashlee Simpson stinks. I immediately lose respect for people who DON'T lost respect for people who buy her albums.

Yeah, umm, that made very little sense. Oh well. Just go watch her performance at the Orange Bowl. You will never defend her again. lol

Ashlee sux...
If the members of AB were CONSTANTLY put into tabloids like she is (waaay too much) they'd sell more albums..LOL.. Thats the only way SHE sold as many CD's as she did, she went to every place where paparazzi were at, she's a camera hog, and an ugly one as well..Trying to canoodle with popular celebrities to get her name out there.. AB wouldn't stoop THAT low...
Old 06-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #34
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well yeah, tabloids help but a bunch of 13 year old girls also help your CD sales. Because only thirteen year old girls are silly enough to buy albums like that, AND they cannot figure out how to just burn their friends copy of the CD, lol
Old 06-15-2005, 11:44 AM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
Lol! Also, keep in mind that record sales doesn't always mean a particular artist is talented. A bunch of talented artists don't sell many records, but that doesn't mean they're not talented. I mean, look at a band like 12 Stones. They've got a good lead singer and a very good, young, guitarist(can't quite shred like Tremonti, but with time he could). In addition to that, they've got a good drummer and good bassist. The lyrics are pretty good in my opinion and they put on a great live show from what I've heard. Yet, in their first week of record sales for their second CD(Potter's Field), they sold roughly 30,000 copies. Meanwhile, an artist who has what a lot of people think is a bad voice(Ashlee), stupid lyrics(just look at the song La La) and has been CAUGHT lipsyncing, sold 400,000 copies in her first week of record sales. Does that make Simpson more talented than 12 Stones? In my opinion, no way. I'm willing to bet a lot of other people would agree with me.

Just because Alter Bridge has not sold as many copies of their first CD as Creed did, that doesn't make them less talented. Imo, they're equal. I say that because Alter Bridge has a great technical singer who has great range. While Alter Bridge doesn't have lyrics as good as the lyrics on MOP(I still prefer Stapp's lyrics), they make up for it in the solos(MOP had some awesome solos, but those on ODR are even better) and great range from the lead singer. Not to mention that the guys are now more seasoned than they were 8 years ago. The fact is, Alter Bridge's style is not as radio friendly as Creed's was. Can you imagine hearing "Metalingus" on a Pop station? It won't happen, imo. That's one of the differences between the two bands and I think that explains the large difference in record sales.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #36
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well obviously I disagree with your assessment of their talent as equal--lol, of course--but other than that, your post is on target.

Unfortunately I DO agree that AB has really mediocre if not just plain boring lyrics. But at least they aren't as bad as rap lyrics and pop lyrics.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #37
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Because of course, Ashlee Simpson's CD success has proven her massive talent.
Ashlee Simpson sucks horribly,along with her sister too! I guess their are a ton of people out buying their crap who are under the influence of every druig known to man
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-17-2005, 06:58 AM   #38
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Unfortunately I DO agree that AB has really mediocre if not just plain boring lyrics. But at least they aren't as bad as rap lyrics and pop lyrics.

Actually, good lyrics are out of place these days!!!!!! A. Simpson, Eminem, britney Spears.....

As for AB lyrics, I dont agree, actually they have some good ones, of course some are not, but not having boring lyrics.

Actually if they are boring...Myles sing them pretty well...that this is unnoticed! lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 06-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #39
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
something about myles' voice rubs me the wrong way maybe cuz its too high it just doen't fit with the muzak maybe it just me
Old 06-17-2005, 10:26 AM   #40
titan9
USER INFO »
I used to be the same way, Anarkist. At first, I strongly disliked Myles' voice and really missed Stapp. It took at least a few months for me to warm up to Myles voice. Yes, he does go high with his vocals, but that shows how much range he has. Not everyone will like how high he goes, though, just like not everyone liked Stapp's voice.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #41
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
see but I have had the damn cd since the day it came out and my opinion has yet to change... trimo's guitar kicks ass but myles has to go
Old 06-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #42
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) something about myles' voice rubs me the wrong way maybe cuz its too high it just doen't fit with the muzak maybe it just me

Nope, it's not just you. I feel the same way, there is just something out of place with the mix of music to the voice.