++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #16
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Of course

Not sure of your comment's real intention !!!!!!

LOL
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 06-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ya know, soft songs CAN be good. But it doesn't have to be silly, overused, stupid chord progressions from beginning to end. For instance, Stairway to Heaven is a pretty soft song (for Zep at least), and yet no one would complain! The problem is that when a rock band goes soft (i.e. WAWO, OLB, and even AB's ILM, BW etc.), and they do it with no creativity and nothing unique, it looks--and usually is--just a sales booster. So yeah, I love rock songs, but soft songs are viable if they are good.

I agree with most of what you said. I actually LIKED that Alter Bridge had a few ballads on their CD, as I felt that it gave ODR some variety. I know, you probably disagree with me there, lol. But I honestly doubt I'd like that CD as much as I do(it is one of my absolute favorite CDS) if all it had was hard songs. I like a bit of a break between hard songs, because it gets old if every song is hard, at least for me it does. If Stapp goes with the same formula as AB did(with the hard songs and the ballads), I think his CD will be pretty good. I just hope that not all songs are ballads and that he doesn't "sell-out" by just making a CD that sells a bunch of copies.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #18
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I agree with most of what you said. I actually LIKED that Alter Bridge had a few ballads on their CD, as I felt that it gave ODR some variety. I know, you probably disagree with me there, lol. But I honestly doubt I'd like that CD as much as I do(it is one of my absolute favorite CDS) if all it had was hard songs. I like a bit of a break between hard songs, because it gets old if every song is hard, at least for me it does. If Stapp goes with the same formula as AB did(with the hard songs and the ballads), I think his CD will be pretty good. I just hope that not all songs are ballads and that he doesn't "sell-out" by just making a CD that sells a bunch of copies.

Well, I did not like the soft songs on AB, but not BECAUSE they were soft. It is because--and Mark even eluded to this in an interview once--Mark either plays awesome riffs or silly chord progressions. He knows nowhere in between. If he could have written ILM as well as he wrote Metalingus, it would have been awesome/ But it is just a simple chord progression in a tuning which is VERY songwriting-pliable. But yeah, I think the perfect album needs some less heavy songs.

Right now I am really into Audioslave's Out of Exile and I think they do the softer songs the right way. They play with usually the same amount of creativity, uniqueness, etc. whether the song is heavy or not. Tremo is jsut better at writing heavy songs. No shame in that.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh yeah, I agree with you there. The hard songs on ODR(FTR, Metalingus, TEIH, WYW, even the title track) are sooooooooo awesome. Tremo does a terrific job on those songs. I also like the work he did on the softer songs, but I'll admit those songs aren't his best work. I guess that's one of those things that he could work to improve. With how talented he is, I'm willing to bet he could improve on that rather quickly.

So you like the new Audioslave CD? How's it compare with their debut CD? My bro has both and has said he likes the first better. I think I've heard that from some other people as well. I don't own the first(but I like quite a few tracks on there) but was thinking about getting the new one, based on the two singles I've heard and also because I like the lyrics(I ALWAYS look those up before purchasing any album). I'd like to hear some more opinions of it, though.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #20
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Actually there's only one word to describe Audioslave new album-Out o Exile-: AWESOME!!!
All the songs are fantastic. And as for the lyrics they are also pretty good. Cornell and the guys really did a great job. I's hard to choose , but the best moments are: The Curse- my favorite, (as you can see by my new signature ) Heaven' Dead, Zero, Dandellion and Drown me Slowly.By the way, the first three are great ballads, but they sound definitely incredible on the whole album.

See, this is all we can do, while still waiting for Stapp's cd: listen to Audioslave new album...lol

PS: My neighbors probably know all the Out of Exile lyrics, cause I can't stop to listen to it - lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-12-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #21
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) LOL

I will admit I began to lose my love for Creed when they turned the corner with WAWO. now I can deal with one sappy song its understandable but then they turned around and realesed Weathered where Half of the album was pathetic sappy pop dribble it did piss me off so I am waiting to see if stapp can dig himself out of the hole he dug himself in to.

Of the 3 cd's Creed released, Weathered is my favorite.... . It's got a cool range of songs, from hard to soft. I like that in a cd.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #22
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Oh yeah, I agree with you there. The hard songs on ODR(FTR, Metalingus, TEIH, WYW, even the title track) are sooooooooo awesome. Tremo does a terrific job on those songs. I also like the work he did on the softer songs, but I'll admit those songs aren't his best work. I guess that's one of those things that he could work to improve. With how talented he is, I'm willing to bet he could improve on that rather quickly.

So you like the new Audioslave CD? How's it compare with their debut CD? My bro has both and has said he likes the first better. I think I've heard that from some other people as well. I don't own the first(but I like quite a few tracks on there) but was thinking about getting the new one, based on the two singles I've heard and also because I like the lyrics(I ALWAYS look those up before purchasing any album). I'd like to hear some more opinions of it, though.

No question their second album is better. Their first was decent but it wasn't like they were a band. this one is far more musically diverse, the lyrics are better, it is unique... It is the best rock album of the 21st century as far as I am concerned.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #23
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) SOME BODY MENTIONED A FIGHT?!! Stapp is a total loser with no talent who never would have gotten anywhere without Tremonti

So you are saying that Alter Bridge's blinding massive CD selling success with One Day Remains is proof that Tremonti was the real talent? Hehe. OK...I get it. Hehe.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9)
(I ALWAYS look those up before purchasing any album).

And yet you still bought Human Clay...

LOL, jk
Old 06-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #25
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) So you are saying that Alter Bridge's blinding massive CD selling success with One Day Remains is proof that Tremonti was the real talent? Hehe. OK...I get it. Hehe.

Because of course, Ashlee Simpson's CD success has proven her massive talent.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And yet you still bought Human Clay...

LOL, jk

Lol! I bought HC on the basis that it would be awesome like MOP(the first Creed album I bought) was. I didn't look up all the lyrics before hand, like I now do. Of course, imo, HC isn't as good as MOP, but it's still a pretty good album. And hey, I like the lyrics to several of the songs.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Because of course, Ashlee Simpson's CD success has proven her massive talent.

You've certainly got a point there. I cannot believe that Simpson's CD sold 400,000 in its first week and yet Alter Bridge hasn't even sold that many copies in like 10 months! Just goes to show how many people have a poor taste in music.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #28
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You've certainly got a point there. I cannot believe that Simpson's CD sold 400,000 in its first week and yet Alter Bridge hasn't even sold that many copies in like 10 months! Just goes to show how many people have a poor taste in music.

I've never listend to an Ashley Simpson song and I don't care to see her perform either, but I wouldn't say Simpson fans have poor taste in music.

Maybe they just like what she puts out there. Ya know, it appeals to them so they buy her cd's. I like Seether, 3DD, Shinedown, Submersed, Staind, and several others, and I sure wouldn't like anyone to tell me I have poor taste just because I like their music and buy their cd's.

Sometimes it just boils down to what people like!
Old 06-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #29
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Ashlee Simpson stinks. I immediately lose respect for people who DON'T lost respect for people who buy her albums.

Yeah, umm, that made very little sense. Oh well. Just go watch her performance at the Orange Bowl. You will never defend her again. lol
Old 06-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #30
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Lol! I bought HC on the basis that it would be awesome like MOP(the first Creed album I bought) was. I didn't look up all the lyrics before hand, like I now do. Of course, imo, HC isn't as good as MOP, but it's still a pretty good album. And hey, I like the lyrics to several of the songs.

Actually I do like the lyrics to the verse of What If. Even if they are just convoluted nonsense.