++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-27-2002, 01:18 AM   #1
CreedFan32
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Beautiful - Lyrics

I really like the Beautiful song off Human Clay, but I have never understood the last few lines in the song.

"She told me where I'm going and it's far away from home. I think I'll go there on my own"

Where is he going? The rest of the song makes perfect sense to me (from the meaning that I get from it) but I just can't fit in those lines with the rest of it. How do you interpet those lines? I would really appreciate listening to this great song without having to think "what does that mean?"
Old 10-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #2
faceless kiwi
USER INFO »
I hope someone answers ya, coz thats the only bit i am not too sure about as well. Every other lyric in the song i understand, apart from that bit too.

And as we gathered in the ashes
Said "fire em up boys and let 'em go"
They're making music for the masses
Sliced up real thin for the radio.

Now all that you took for granted
Has been replaced. Replaced by an actor. And now that you're left with nothing but more of the same.
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
You all sound the same, With nothing to say. We say your an actor!."

PACIFIER- NOTHING
Old 10-28-2002, 12:23 AM   #3
CreedFan32
USER INFO »
Good to know that I'm not the only one missing the meaning behind those lines. Heh, since no one has left any explanation, maybe a lot of people don't know. Hopefully someone will come along with any type of meaning for it.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:22 AM   #4
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
To me it always meant that he was going to Heaven. I think he is sayong that he can find his way to Heaven without the help of anyone else. I don't know if that's how you want to interpret it, but that's just my opinion. Anyway remember Scott said that he leaves the fans to interpret the songs the way they want. He said there really is not any particular message it's up to the fans.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 10-28-2002, 01:32 AM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, that's a cool interpretation.
To me, those lines mean he is going to find his way to what is real and truly beautiful all on his own. He wants to see for himself despite what other forces have tried to make him believe. I think his being far from home means that maybe he will have a long journey before he figures it all out, and that the road along the way may be full of false truths and influences that could derail him.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:01 AM   #6
CreedFan32
USER INFO »
Thanks to those who responded. Both of the explanations have shown me a different way to look at those lines. And I agree that the song has as many meanings that it has listeners but I still can't seem to find my own meaning to it. I interpet the song as talking about the pit falls of giving in to lustful desires and how "your regret is all that's left" and how the "beautiful stripped me" of what is innocent and clean. So, for the Beautiful to tell him where he is going, I'm assuming it isn't a good place (such as Heaven) because why would a figure of digust say to him "you are going to heaven!" like a threat? and he seems to still be sorrowful when he says "I think I'll go there on my own." Again, I'm not saying that view is wrong. It is 100% correct if that is what it means to you and its one of the great things about Creed's music. Every song is personal. Though in this case I can't personally find a meaning to it.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:19 PM   #7
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Wow, that's a cool interpretation.
To me, those lines mean he is going to find his way to what is real and truly beautiful all on his own. He wants to see for himself despite what other forces have tried to make him believe.  I think his being far from home means that maybe he will have a long journey before he figures it all out, and that the road along the way may be full of false truths and influences that could derail him.

Thanks......your interpretation is well thought out because I never really looked at it that way. It's very good!

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 11-03-2002, 11:35 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, PMG
Old 11-04-2002, 02:40 AM   #9
souldancer
USER INFO »
People have come up with great comments! I really have trouble grasping what those lines mean to me. I kind of interpret it to be that Beautiful has equated love with lust, saying that he can go there with her, but to him - love and Lust are not the same and are far away from home or Self (integrity of the divine) so he is going to go There on his own (his own way).

the line that I am befuddled over in Hide is "divided is the one who dances" -

Who knows what I will think/feel about these words next week...but it's good to go deeper and to share.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:00 AM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That line always makes me think. Maybe if you are dancing you are opening yourself up to people's opinions because you are out there for everyone to see (and comment on) therefore, it's like your soul is exposed. If you are not out there dancing, no one can say anything about you for your soul is NOT exposed, you are keeping it hidden along with you.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-04-2002, 10:29 AM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, along those same lines, I think by divided maybe he means he feels conflicted while wanting to dance or take part in life and not be a watcher, but a doer. In doing so, though, he knows he really can't hide/protect himself or his soul if he does a half-baked job. He knows it will be a risk to put it all on the line for everyone to see. I think he knows he can't do that unless he goes 100 percent, and that doing so will always invite scrutiny.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:54 AM   #12
souldancer
USER INFO »
Yes, thanks so much, that was beautiful! Life is full of risks, it is easier to hide than to give and open to your true self, which is why I love the lines right before, "What are you going to do with
your gift dear child? Give life, give love, give soul?"
* * oops, going off topic here. * *
Old 11-04-2002, 11:29 AM   #13
Ruby
USER INFO »
OMG I thought the lines "she told me where Im going and its far away from home. I think Ill go there on my own meant She told him to "Go to Hell" I always thought it was kinda funny cause he sings it in such a serious way.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:38 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, I never thought about it that way Ruby! That IS funny.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-05-2002, 10:44 AM   #15
allison
USER INFO »
"Divided is the one who dances" puzzled me for the longest time but then all of a sudden it dawned on me that he is referring to himself being so exposed to the world because of what he does for a living, which fits with he theme of the song. At one of the shows this summer, before they performed Hide, Scott said the song was about wanting to hide away from it all (the exposure) but that his fans taught him that there is no reason to do that ("there is no reason to hide").

No, Marcos, thank YOU!