++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Hey Creed Fans!

Creed, who have sold in excess of 23 million albums in the U.S. alone, have announced plans for a number of releases in 2004. A street date before the end of 2004 is in the works for a special package consisting of previous hits, unreleased material, and new Creed compositions the band plans to record in 2004. Additional content culled from collaborations will be considered for this anthology as well. In addition, both Mark Tremonti and Scott Stapp are working on solo projects for release in the next year.

Creed has released three albums to date on Wind-up Records - My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered. All have been certified multi-platinum by the RIAA, with Human Clay receiving the distinguished honor of a Diamond Award for sales in excess of ten million copies.

Stay tuned for more-

CreedNet Crew

Source: Creed E-News
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 11-18-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got that as well!

Thank you, Wind-Up, JHMP and Creed! I always said a letter of update would be good for everybody!

I'm so relieved right now!!! It's like a huge wage was taken off my back!

I know it sounds childish of me for you, but I spent the whole day with my head down... even my parents realized I was kinda shocked.

Go Creed! Count with me! You rock!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
Agent D
USER INFO »
How is this good news when the band is gonna break up?
Old 11-18-2003, 08:55 PM   #4
benkenobi
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Agent D+11-18-2003 08:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agent D @ 11-18-2003 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How is this good news when the band is gonna break up? [/b][/quote]
How can so many people take what this one person at CreedPit so seriously? I can't account them to be a creditable witness for one thing. Second, nothing official has been released. Third, haven't you ever played the game "Telephone"! Even one person could screw up what they heard from someone else.

Example: Mark Tremonti says, "Next year, the band is going to split up to take on some solo projects." Someone who heard this could think it's a permenant break-up when it's only that the band is going their own way for a few months then getting back together.

The bottom line is that it is Creed's career, and until they make an official statement to everyone that nobody should think anything otherwise. All that's official right now is plans on some new albums and solo projects for 2004!
What's beyond it?"
Old 11-18-2003, 08:57 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Well... that's what I got it when I first read that: they were not breaking up.

But then I read the creed is over thread... I'm confused, really confused.

It makes no sense a street date when you can't stand your band mates. PLus, if there are new compositions, it means they worked on something, otherwise it would be only unreleased material.

From my point of view, they're releasing a box. It doesn't mean they're not getting together for an album in the near or long future.

No words about the DVD though...
Old 11-18-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
lifelovesoul
USER INFO »
I agree. Alot of bands have taken a break to work on solo projects. I think we are all reading way to much into this. I think that if the band was breaking up that they wouldn't want to drag it out. They would have said so instead of the news that they released.

I am really trying to be optimistic and think positive. The band needs all the positive thoughts they can get considering all that has gone on ithe past year.

Nothing good comes from negitivity. As Creed fans, we should all know that. That's one thing that I love about this band is the positive effects it has made in my life.

Bottom line... BE POSITIVE
Old 11-18-2003, 10:14 PM   #7
hide
USER INFO »
I think this news means that Creed is not going to break up and until there is official news I refuse to believe it! These solo projects will be exiting to look foreward to and I can't wait to hear some unreleased and NEW material.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:20 PM   #8
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
no offense to anyone, but i think a lot of you are in denial. yea, there hasnt been any official word about them breaking up...YET. More than one person said what Mark said at Creedpit. And it all makes sense if you think about it, after Chicago and all. and this part of the e-news:

"Creed has released three albums to date on Wind-up Records - My Own Prison, Human Clay and Weathered. All have been certified multi-platinum by the RIAA, with Human Clay receiving the distinguished honor of a Diamond Award for sales in excess of ten million copies."

Why would they just put that in there? It sounds like kind of a closing to Creed's career if you ask me. I'm not like hoping that the band is gonna break up or something, but to me it sounds pretty real, so i'm not gonna sit here and tell myself its not true.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #9
hide
USER INFO »
yeah but at the same time people are getting all worked up and some are probably crying right now over this NEWS and it could all be crap. Until there is official news I'm in denial!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:35 PM   #10
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
i know, i see your point...i'm just saying, dont get your hopes up. personally i think it could be the real deal.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:38 PM   #11
Marty
USER INFO »
I don't think this is the end. I don't think they are breaking up, just taking more time off. RHCP didn't make a album for 4 (or was it 5 years?) and they came back strongER and better!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:44 PM   #12
hide
USER INFO »
about the RHCP I think their earlier stuff is much better but yeah I get your point. This I must say is a very strong rumour but its still only that at this stage.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:04 PM   #13
Julbright
USER INFO »
the first post in this thread IS the official statement from Creed E-news/wind-up. I think it basically says we are going to get some new material and then they are going to be working on solo projects too. I don't think it looks good for the longevity of the band but at least we are getting some new stuff!!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 11-19-2003, 12:06 AM   #14
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
ok, so the same day i get news that creed is breaking up, and that theyre releasing new stuff? whats goin on here?!
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 11-19-2003, 07:16 AM   #15
benkenobi
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-19-2003 12:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-19-2003 12:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ok, so the same day i get news that creed is breaking up, and that theyre releasing new stuff? whats goin on here?! [/b][/quote]
The only thing that has been sent out is at the top. Anything else can be counted as speculation or misunderstanding; nothing solid.
What's beyond it?"