++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2003, 12:43 AM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
how can Creed be improved

Creed is one of the great bands I'm sure you agree but what would you like to see the guys doing?

I feel their live performances can be improved by:

changing up the setlist every night to encourage people to go to more then 1 or 2 gigs. Change up the setlist every night a completely new setlist would be good but even 3 or 4 different songs a night would be fantastic. I woud love to see more rarer songs and b-sides such as To Whom It May Concern and Nothing.

When this is done Creed could release offical bootlegs which would make Wind-Up and Creed more money but it would be much better for us as well will get bootlegs of commercial quality. Bands such as Grateful Dead and Pearl Jam are doing it and Clear Channel is following suit.

They should also incoporate more covers into their concerts including I'm Eighteen and their Doors covers. They should also cover other classic bands such as U2 and Metallica for starters and go on to Led Zepplin, Lynard Skynard etc:
Old 09-11-2003, 01:04 AM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I would like to see some covers at the show and I would love if they put out live CD's as much as Pearl Jam does.
I am pretty happy with the live performances. I can't say I would change them.
I like Creed the way they are, no need to improve, but I would like the things above.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:07 AM   #3
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
I want Creed to do guitar and drum solos and put them into there songs. Espically when they play live. I would love to see Phillips get on the mic talk to us a bit (ala Lars of Metallica style) give us a solo. Have Tremonti do the same. Also a bass solo would be badass too.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:16 AM   #4
heinzel
USER INFO »
i would like to see them live in europe for once, especially in the netherlands
Old 09-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #5
velocityidp
USER INFO »
One of the problems with having such an elaborate stage setup is that spontaneous performances are hard to do. When all the lights and pyro are all timed to the second.... well you know what I mean.

I'm all for the special effects, but they don't need to be on ALL the time. Sure, they can always have the pre-planned stuff, but in the middle of the show, mix things up a bit. Improvise. Play some b-sides! Yes! Covers!

Creed shows are already amazing, but this would make it even better.

Also: a little less poppy and lot more hardcore on the next album. No more fancy mixing pweeze!
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 09-11-2003, 12:11 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
-Definately more solos from Mark and Flip in the shows, and B-sides. And sure a cover song would be cool!
-More fan involvement at the shows, more backstage contests events etc...
-Some live DVD's and a video collection

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-11-2003, 01:49 PM   #7
Aimee
USER INFO »
Less Show, More Music - Definately!
Then, I would like to hear more of Tremo's licks on the album AND live. As far as their music goes, I wouldn't change anything. Creed changes every time and I, for one, can't wait to hear what they come up with next!
Old 09-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I'm for more music, less pyro and choregraphed stuff. Improv is the BEST. And definitely more solos from Mark and Flip. And covers, and, and, and...hehehehe. Really, though, I dig the music and I, too, can't wait for what's next.

And they don't have to talk much during shows. They can let the music do the talking . It speaks for itself.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I'm all for them playing b-sides, covers, different setlists periodically along with solos from Mark and Flip. Personally, I really like it when performers talk in between the songs. It makes it more of a personal experience. Some of the most memorable moments for me from the NYE Creed concert were when Scott talked in between the songs. I'm excited to hear new songs from them too and I can't wait for the next tour!!

Relearn Love
Old 09-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #10
ZION1010
USER INFO »
As Far As It Goes I Wouldnt Change A Thing...Never Tamper With Perfection....What I Would Like To See Is The Stage Show Add A Little More Symbolic....props Maybe To Express Whats Going On Inside There Head....Like Video Screens Displaying Different Views Of Life....Religon Diffrent kinda Stuff...I Could Just Go on And On And On....So Now i Will Put A Lead On It
Old 09-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #11
ZION1010
USER INFO »
As Far As It Goes I Wouldnt Change A Thing...Never Tamper With Perfection....What I Would Like To See Is The Stage Show Add A Little More Symbolic....props Maybe To Express Whats Going On Inside There Head....Like Video Screens Displaying Different Views Of Life....Religon Diffrent kinda Stuff...I Could Just Go on And On And On....So Now i Will Put A Lead On It
Old 09-11-2003, 09:09 PM   #12
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
MORE SOLO'S!!! I would love more than ANYTHING for Flip, to "Flip" out on the kit!! And to be able to focus completely on Mark as he solo's an awesome riff!! I love to watch him get into his playing...but when Scott's singing, I can't take my eyes off of HIM!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 09-11-2003, 09:40 PM   #13
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Definitely want the DVD, and a compilation of their videos would be great. Also, Sheila, I'd have to agree with you. I like it when performers talk in between songs too. And some of my best memories of the NYE show were of Scott being so open and talking to us!!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 09-11-2003, 11:27 PM   #14
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
id like Mark to do more improve solos, like, on Say I there is so much room for a metallica-like solo, and id like to see flip do some solos. i saw 3dd in concert, adn their drummer did some solos and it was awesome.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-11-2003, 11:43 PM   #15
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Yea A lot solos makes a show better.....i would like to see it from creed as well,,,,Lars ulrich....Has done some amazing ones