++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-22-2003, 06:05 PM   #31
rodirocker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>Read carefully my previous post please. "people who wrote the Bible". Bibleocal (sp?) stories started as spoken word legends, myths, and bits of actual history. Than people wrote them down. That's why when it comes to kings and battles Bible is right on many occasions, as these parts come form history. Parts about God and stuff come from myths, legends, and what writers were thinking. Many times they take actual events and spice them up big time -- Jesus, for example. He defently existed, but miracles and him being god/song of god is very questionable. </b>

Dude, you are saying all this obviously with no knowledge of the Bible or the content in it, or how it was written, or the context in which it was written, or who Jesus was, and who the people were who recorded the Gospel and how they did it. The Bible, yes, was written by man. But it was inspired by the Holy Spirit, making it inerrant. You give me one example of where the Bible his historically wrong. There may be a couple times where it seems to contradict it's history, but there is always a good explanation for that misconception. And about God being a myth and legend. How can that be if God is who created this world.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:31 PM   #32
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
>how could people who wrote the Bible predict the future?
Many other religions made a lot of predicitions which came true. Nostradamus was just a guy, and he predicted a lot. Predictions dont mean much. Also the Bible had originally way more books than ones you see now. Many were thrown away. Good chance ones woth predicitions which didnt work were thought to be not God inspired and thrown away.

>how everything today is just like what Jesus preached?
Jesus was a smart guy who used common sence.

>if the flood never happened, why shell are found on the top of the highest mountains?
Tallest mountains were under on teh bottom of the sea millenia ago. In the beginning enitre earth was covered by water. Than land rose. Many pieces of land sank unfterwards. Ask any geologist and he'll give you a good and detailed answer.

>how could they know that the temple of Jerusalem would be destroyed?
All major tamples that ever existed were either destroyed or severaly damaged. Exept of inca's pyramids.
The people who wrote the bible didn't get their information from their own opinions They got them from God and the holy spirit God told them what to write...DUH Your trying to make God nonexistant by our opinions and that isn't really gonna work
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-22-2003, 08:01 PM   #33
Agent D
USER INFO »
There was something in the Bible about not entertaining fools, wasn't there? Sorry, I should probably know my Bible references better than I do. But I've seen these kinds of arguements before. There's no point to them. No side is ever going to convince the other. So why bother arguing about it?
Old 02-22-2003, 08:15 PM   #34
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Agent D
There was something in the Bible about not entertaining fools, wasn't there? Sorry, I should probably know my Bible references better than I do. But I've seen these kinds of arguements before. There's no point to them. No side is ever going to convince the other. So why bother arguing about it?
Good idea It is gettin kind a tiring tryin to convince him I think I've given up on it now He can believe whatever he wants
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 02-25-2003, 04:19 PM   #35
rodirocker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Agent D

thousands of people get convinced every day. But over a bb? not sure about that.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:08 AM   #36
Lechium
USER INFO »
2Julie: >The people who wrote the bible didn't get their information from their own opinions They got them from God and the holy spirit

That's what the CLAIM. Just cuz they wrote down that they were inspired by God doesnt make it so. If i write here that what I say is inspired by God you're gonna laugh at me... so laugh at them too...
Old 02-26-2003, 11:45 PM   #37
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
2Julie: >The people who wrote the bible didn't get their information from their own opinions They got them from God and the holy spirit &nbsp;

That's what the CLAIM. Just cuz they wrote down that they were inspired by God doesnt make it so. If i write here that what I say is inspired by God you're gonna laugh at me... so laugh at them too...
You kno what Not to be mean or nuffin but I am no longer discussing this subject with you You are hopeless and not worth the time argueing about something that you obviouisly have no clues about My suggestion would be that if you don't kno anything about the bible in the first place then you have no right bashing it or who wrote it and who it was inspired by:madder: :snooze: So don't even try argueing with me any further! You are obviously blind to the truth
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 02-26-2003, 11:59 PM   #38
Lechium
USER INFO »
I dont bash Bible. I am questioning huge claim it does, that's it.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:06 AM   #39
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I dont bash Bible. I am questioning huge claim it does, that's it.
I'm just really tired of argueing bout it I wasn't tryin to be a bioch
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 02-27-2003, 03:06 PM   #40
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Um i have no clue what to say. What i CAN tell u though is Lechum is preachen bullshit.

Remeber when jesus says....

"You belive because you see, Blessed are those who belive when they do not see."

When that guy didnt belive he ressurected and he came and said put ur finger in the hole thing.

I belive in god. Oviously, how could i not, and i belive in him strongly for he has answered many of my questions.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 02-27-2003, 03:21 PM   #41
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Xterminator27
<b>Um i have no clue what to say. What i CAN tell u though is Lechum is preachen bullshit. &nbsp;

Remeber when jesus says....

"You belive because you see, Blessed are those who belive when they do not see."

When that guy didnt belive he ressurected and he came and said put ur finger in the hole thing.

I belive in god. Oviously, how could i not, and i belive in him strongly for he has answered many of my questions. </b>
Darn right X I would have to agree with ya on that I am just tryin my darndest to be nice ta him Even though I have no clue where he gets his ideas and information from
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 02-28-2003, 05:16 PM   #42
creeder
USER INFO »
Love god toooooooooooooo
And i have it all
I got nothing to share with you
Maybe a piece of paper
But what is that?
Maybe it defines you?
You are no one
Just be your self

"Complex!"
Old 02-28-2003, 10:32 PM   #43
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creeder
Love god toooooooooooooo
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 02-28-2003, 10:45 PM   #44
Ivan_Creed
USER INFO »
Divine...

I love God and He loves me.. and all of you... As it goes for Lechium, no man wrote the Bible, just translated!! No one is capable writing such a thing!! So think again..
Old 04-07-2003, 01:14 AM   #45
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Ok Lechium are you the same person that was arguing in another thread that one cannot "lose" their salvation? If you are then you know what? you seriously need to take a step back and look at what you are doing to this board. You are one minute debating with christians about their fundamental beliefs one second and the next you are even denying that God even exists, only in the minds of those who will believe. You are deliberatly making fun of others religious beliefs. You are patronizing others for their beliefs by pretending you actually know something about christian fundamentals such as salvation.

It is apparent that you do not believe that a real God exists. It is evident that you do not believe the Bible is the infallible inspired word of God. And dude that's ok with me. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BELIEVE AS YOU WANT! JUST AS WE HAVE THAT VERY SAME RIGHT! We will respect you if you will respect us.

I can't believe you haven't been banned from this board yet! Geez!

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~