++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #61
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

So far, the songs I llike on this album are Slip to the void, Isolation, Ghost of days gone by, All hope is gone, Wonderful Life, And words Darker than their wings.

The song I see being the most popular on the radio is Ghost of Days gone by. It has that kinda sound.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #62
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

The best of AB III destroys the best of Full Circle IMO.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #63
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

there is no best in ABIII, only the worst. Even the so-called anthems and ballads are like child's cry compered to mediocre Creed songs. There is no rhythm, no melodies, no sense in the lyrics, only Kennedy's pathetic sugary vocals, Marks riffs, some upbeat drumming and bass playing. ABIII isn't an album, it's a compilation of different parts, that doesn't fit together. Ergo it sounds unfinished, unpolished. To listen to ABIII is like eating frozen vegetables, instead of a well cooked meal. One can only get sick by consuming it.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #64
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

there is no best in ABIII, only the worst. Even the so-called anthems and ballads are like child's cry compered to mediocre Creed songs. There is no rhythm, no melodies, no sense in the lyrics, only Kennedy's pathetic sugary vocals, Marks riffs, some upbeat drumming and bass playing. ABIII isn't an album, it's a compilation of different parts, that doesn't fit together. Ergo it sounds unfinished, unpolished. To listen to ABIII is like eating frozen vegetables, instead of a well cooked meal. One can only get sick by consuming it.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #65
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

What the hell happened with so many posts? Please delete or skip the shit.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #66
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

I'd like to hear Myles hold that long note in Ghost of Days Gone By live. That's amazing. I will concur that at first it sounded like a bunch of songs put together and not an actual album, but the more I listen the more I get over that. I applaud them for trying something different, but on the other hand I feel lied to. I thought it was supposed to be their heaviest album ever and it clearly isn't. I think Blackbird was a better album.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #67
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Alright wizzzard, we get it. You love Stapp, the guy who can no longer sing. Spare us the analogies that don't make any fucking sense.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #68
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Alright wizzzard, we get it. You love Stapp, the guy who can no longer sing. Spare us the analogies that don't make any fucking sense.
TOP OF THE MORNING TO Ya,s, good times good times, giving love to all, i want the baby JOHN, anybody remembear The Horror Flick Rumblestill~ConS~ i cant spell it and acording to the story ya,alls thats a good thing, Harry Potter I think Is up For A Sequal, anyways, Back To Sense, Just Got Through Addressing OBAMA, in his better train methods For the USA, ...... And PEACE BE WITH US...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #69
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

i do not love Stapp and I do not fish here for acceptance. That is not the point. I like good music, that to me is manifested in Creed and early AB (ODR period), among many other bands. I find the ABIII to be pretty horrible compered with their previous records, ergo the dissatisfaction and criticism as I believe they can do and should have done better. The key for them is to figure it out all over again - how not to be so complicated and overdeveloped musicians and still produce those simple yet therefore magical tunes. That's why I like Stapp so much. He's a simpleton and can inspire you with his naivite, passion and innocence. Simplicity is beautiful and all good music is simple. But once you get in the overcomplicated and overdeveloped mode, all simplicity is lost and what you get is counterfeit art, that makes you look for riffs, hooks, bridges, some special effects etc., but not the whole thing. Even Full Circle has been suffering from this disease.
So the main question is this - how to rediscover simplicity in the midst of all the acquired complexities and experiences? Creed has a better chance at this.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #70
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) So far, the songs I llike on this album are Slip to the void, Isolation, Ghost of days gone by, All hope is gone, Wonderful Life, And words Darker than their wings.

The song I see being the most popular on the radio is Ghost of Days gone by. It has that kinda sound.
, cant wait, I cant Preoder Ya,alls... if i like got a temporay replacement, it would max out my card in the mail, AB NATION ....
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #71
Inspired
USER INFO »

I do really like Fallout, Show Me a Sign, All Hope is Gone and Words Darker than their Wings as well. Still Remains is ok although I think the chorus is a little too anthemic compared to the sound of the rest of the song.

I just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there and forcing anthemic chorus' in with heavy verses and bridges. It sounds very piecemeal and like a pop band that like "were cool because we have some metal riffs in our radio songs". Just because Human Clay and Higher were successful do they have to have these anthemic chours' in every project they do? Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #72
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) I do really like Fallout, Show Me a Sign, All Hope is Gone and Words Darker than their Wings as well. Still Remains is ok although I think the chorus is a little too anthemic compared to the sound of the rest of the song.

I just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there and forcing anthemic chorus' in with heavy verses and bridges. It sounds very piecemeal and like a pop band that like "were cool because we have some metal riffs in our radio songs". Just because Human Clay and Higher were successful do they have to have these anthemic chours' in every project they do? Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.
very well said dito
Old 10-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #73
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) very well said dito

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone in my frustration!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #74
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) [It] just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there...

Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.
I agree, but it's not the occasional radio friendly song that bothers me. It's the filler material that consists of forgettable verses & a plodding, bland chorus that I truly don't understand.

Sadly, I think the closest we'll get to an all-heavy record is Blackbird. The 1-2 punch of Ties That Bind and Come To Life is the best in modern rock history. They need more of that. Are they afraid of alienating a huge part of their fan base who came over with Creed? Probably. Creed was the same way. Always saying they were "hard rock" but then putting 1-2 heavy songs on a CD at most.

An entire album of songs similar to Ties, Come To Life, Coming Home, Isolation... my god... that would be phenomenal. Do they have it in them? I think so. They need to just do it already.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #75
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) I agree, but it's not the occasional radio friendly song that bothers me. It's the filler material that consists of forgettable verses & a plodding, bland chorus that I truly don't understand.

Sadly, I think the closest we'll get to an all-heavy record is Blackbird. The 1-2 punch of Ties That Bind and Come To Life is the best in modern rock history. They need more of that. Are they afraid of alienating a huge part of their fan base who came over with Creed? Probably. Creed was the same way. Always saying they were "hard rock" but then putting 1-2 heavy songs on a CD at most.

An entire album of songs similar to Ties, Come To Life, Coming Home, Isolation... my god... that would be phenomenal. Do they have it in them? I think so. They need to just do it already.

I agree! And the thing that annoys me about Blackbird is that the early versions of the Come to Life, Ties that Bind and Buried Alive that they played before the CD was released during the European tour were even heavier. It was like they purposely watered them down.

Maybe they are worried about alienating their fan base, but does AB really need a huge mainstream fan base if Creed is going to exist again. Leave that to Creed that already has that reputation and do something different/cool with AB.