++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-04-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
Aimee
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
West Palm Beach

Coral Sky Ampitheatre - November 2, 2002

Left after work so we didn't make it to the ampitheatre until 9:00PM. As soon as we got to the gate, we heard the blasts of pyro and then
They shoot cuz they want it!!!
We ran to our seats (good section!). Sorry to the two girls we kicked out. Everyone was on their feet the entire time. It was a beautiful Florida night and Stapp was drenched with sweat. His voice sounded a little hoarse but his performance was full of energy.
Mark got more guitar solos this time and it rocked to watch him sing along with his guitar.
Flip was awesome (as usual). He is getting really good at tossing those sticks! One landed right in front of us but the crowd swooped in before I could climb over the seat!
The people standing beside us were the only quiet people around and the tall girl in front of me kept blocking my view when she locked kips with her man. But all in all I had a wonderful time. Another couple down the row was giving us quite a peep show until a staffer told them to get a room.
Went to the aftershow party, but it wasn't much of a party. The beer was gone when we got there and everyone just kind of stood around waiting waiting waiting. Then Mark came out then Flip came out. That was it. No Brett no Stapp. Someone said that Stapp was going to sleep.
Mark and Flip were both awesome though. They talked to everyone and signed autographs and took pictures and stuff.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:14 PM   #2
Creed18
USER INFO »
Scott's Voice

Is there any chance of Scott's vocal chords being permanently damaged. If there is maybe he should rest for a while. Even though Im going to see them the 16th Id rather have him get well.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:37 PM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: West Palm Beach

Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
Coral Sky Ampitheatre - November 2, 2002

Went to the aftershow party, but it wasn't much of a party. The beer was gone when we got there and everyone just kind of stood around waiting waiting waiting. Then Mark came out then Flip came out. That was it. No Brett no Stapp.  Someone said that Stapp was going to sleep.  
Mark and Flip were both awesome though. They talked to everyone and signed autographs and took pictures and stuff.
Excuse me Aimee, but WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU WERE GOING TO AN AFTERSHOW PARTY?? I thought we were close? How did you get to attend that? You need to be more open with us girl, or did you tell us and I missed it? Did you meet Mark & Flip? Pictures? Kisses?? C'mon Aimee, don't keep this stuff to yourself!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
shane
USER INFO »
Aimee,

HOw did you get to go to the aftershow?
Old 11-05-2002, 02:15 AM   #5
souldancer
USER INFO »
Thanks Aimee for the review - sounds like a super time! You will be carrying that energy on and on!

Do you recall, during Higher, if Scott got up on the top of the platform ABOVE Flip...and was dancing in front of the video. I don;t remember seeing that before Bakersfield. It was awesome!
And I swore, at the end of Torn (?) Scott said "God Will Save Us"...it is so intense, I need a tape recorder.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:05 PM   #6
Webwitch
USER INFO »
WPB

We flew down to WPB from Michigan to see Creed. I had never seen Creed live - this was my first time - and I admit my expectations were pretty high... I know how much the music means to me and had anticipated this concert for over two months. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. Although I totally enjoyed Submersed ... they were really very good... I thought Stero Fuse was a little weak and should have probably opened the set. I was surprised to notice that a majority of people never took their seats for the opening bands. But the Amphitheatre filled quickly before Creed came out. I noticed Scott and Mark (and probably Flip and Brett too but out of my view) standing behind the stage watching the stadium fill up. When they came out within one second there was no doubt they were back full force, everyone in the front section where we were at - were on their feet at the first cord of "Bullets" and most of us never sat back down. Then came - Freedom Fighter, What If, Say I, Torn, Who's Got My Back, One Last Breath, Hide, One, (Scott commented on how this song has a completely different meaning now then it did last year - that we as Americans are one) Weathered, My Own Prison, With Arms Wide Open, and What's This Life For. Then after chanting their names for about 5 minutes they came back out for the encore and played Higher, and My Sacrifice. - (I’m not sure I got the order right) The pyrotechnics were great and fitted very well into the songs and stage set up. Mark did a lot of Guitar solos and I loved it when he sang in “My Own Prison”, Brett did back up on most of the songs - it was the first time I heard him sing, he’s got a great voice. Flip looked like he was having the time of his life... and must have tossed at least a dozen pairs of drum sticks into the audience; but Scott definitely made the show for me. He was constantly moving all over the stage, at one point ran up next to Flip and started beating a drum right along side him, and at another song ran to the top of the ramp and sang out to those on the lawn above the whole band. He not only sang his heart out but he interacted with the audience non stop... getting us to sing, clap and sway to almost every song. He really seemed to enjoy hearing us sing the songs to them and put the mike to the audience many times during several songs. He also was humble and polite in thanking the audience several times for being so great. He looked a little pale yet, but never slowed down – even during the encore. I have to admit one of the best concerts I’ve every seen!!!! Thanks Creed for making the 1400 miles worth the trip!!! Can’t wait until you’re in my home town next Monday!!!!
I try to hold on but I’m calloused to the bone
Old 11-06-2002, 02:10 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Aimee and Webwitch, thanks for sharing! I am seeing them two more times in the next two weeks and reading your thoughts is definitely getting me stoked!
Aimee, way cool on getting to the after the show party. That's awesome. Did you score any autographs or pics!???! Do tell.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:53 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Aimee!!! Where are you and what's the deal with the afterparty??? We are all patiently waiting for the story!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #9
Aimee
USER INFO »
West Palm Beach

Ok, Here's the deal; my very good friend is someone who works around the band, and since my mom flew down from Michigan to see them (what a coincidence Webwitch, I wish we could've met up!), he got us backstage. We were supposed to only get into the pre-show party but we were too late and I guess he felt sorry for us. I did not get any pictures because I left my camera in the car (didn't want it confiscated!), but Flip and Tremo signed our sticker passes, and we got free Screamtracks and Nachos with salsa and some soda and this girl was handing out candy bars from a really cool purse that she made herself with laminated color pictures from CreedInk that she sewed together with clear thread (Very cool. Had Flip, Tremo, Stapp signatures in gold and one in black sharpie from Brett).

That's it!
Old 11-09-2002, 11:19 PM   #10
shane
USER INFO »
Your very good freind works around the band how cool is that what do they do?