++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #76
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
that part was directed at ctfan, not you. You're good.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #77
titan9
USER INFO »
I know, man, I was just justifying what I said before. I didn't want others to think that I was this guy who acts all high and mighty, and laughs at those who sell things online for money. Thanks for the compliment, though. You're good as well.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-07-2005, 01:22 AM   #78
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Dude I totally agree it is good therapy, I mean if you listen to half the lyrics from a alterbride song they are ripping on stapp, in the songs they call out his drinking lying ways and slam him from every direction...I like both AB and Stapp and this whole thing is rediculous. Maybe if Mark spent less time promoting baseball on his blog and more time playing we might have another alterbride CD instead of One day remains tour part 6...two years later.... As far as stapp he still a ass for his part in ruining creed, but you dont have to love the artist to appreciate the music and his album sounds pretty thourough, I enjoyed sorround me and Fight Song...good effort...

No, You don't have your facts straight! Do a little research, or maybe just talk to the guys and ask them whats up. They would tell you straight up why they decided to tour for 2 years and if they are indeed actually writing songs, which real musicians are constantly trying to improve which is why bands continue to write music. This is how a band grows together and improves. Comments like this show people just how vulnerable your knowledge span of the band is and the musicians that molded it.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:36 AM   #79
rainfall
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Dude,
I got my facts straight both sides are stupid for what has happened to creed. I like AB , but prefer stapps lyraical sound as compared to myles rants of 80's music past. If by listening to the sample of fight son it is not more ever appearant that Stapp does not need his former bandmates to be successful as where alterbridge can sure as hell use a new lead singer...because miles just doesn't cut it..Yeah AB had a few decent songs but nothing that would make you think that they were anything more than a mediocre throwback rock band.. Stapp will have a heck of a solo career and as much as it pains me to say It because I am a big fan of tremonti's, after hearing the guitar work and drums I really don't thimk stapp needs his ex bandmates...I mean sorround me and fight song sounded great and tremonti wasnt even playing in it.You can say what you want about his comments on the radio about AB , but he's right he wrote the lyrics that rocketed creed to the charts and It is amazing how he was able to reproduce creeds sound without those guys being there as where myles who is a good singer just really can't cut it to bring alter bridge to the forefront of really successful bands. Im not knocking myles he has a good voice but he;s a drop in the bucket when trying to replace Platinum sound that Stapp has..period!

First give enough respect to check your spelling on the name of a man/musician you are trying to knock down. And what makes you think that Scott Stapp is going to have a leg up regarding success, All the men of Creed will have to start from ground zero in that respect. Maybe, the men of Creed should search for a different meaning to the word success, maybe that is what Alterbridge is doing, and I can only hope that Scott Stapp can find a new meaning because apparently the old definition wasn't working for him either. If Scott Stapp wants to really earn the respect he has lost as a person and vocalist he is going to need to do something different that "reproduce" what he has already done. Repeating shows no growth, change, or desire to improve. And if you highly regard Scott's solo career because he recreates the sound that Creed put forth, I would charge you with ignorance to the real meaning of music, nor are you a musician.

Last edited by rainfall : 11-07-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #80
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Oh my god, that's hilarious! Hanson said that?? The same guy who has his shit up for sale on E-bay....LMAO!!!!!!!!
What the fuck does it matter? Are you trying to use that as a good argument? Creed owe all their success to Jeff! Thanks to his sharp tour schedule Creed had their big break-out. And still... Jeff have been with Creed through all these years, I think he knows the truth better than you.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Yep, the same guy who made Creed.
See... ctfan... COOL IT!!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #81
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #82
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.
I meant the schedule for the My Own Prison tour

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #83
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.

Agreed. They really pushed the band wayyyy too hard on that final tour. It screwed up Stapp's vocals. If he was really bad off because of the schedule and car wreck, Hanson should have known better than to make him continue to tour like that. I know, Stapp probably could have stood up for himself and refused, but I believe him when he said he was taking one for the team. I think Hanson probably pressured him into it. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #84
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, the pressures of the contract, obligation and money were probably ridiculous. Still, I wish he could have told them to f*ck off, but then again, people still would have complained had they canceled the tour after his accident.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:06 PM   #85
titan9
USER INFO »
Completely agree with you on that. There's just no pleasing everyone.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #86
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Stapp have said he was forced to it... But then again he said we was only taking one for the team... If he was forced to it he HAD to do it. If he only was taking one for the team it was his decision and he could've said no.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #87
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Stapp have said he was forced to it... But then again he said we was only taking one for the team... If he was forced to it he HAD to do it. If he only was taking one for the team it was his decision and he could've said no.

Uhhh...maybe read between the lines a little.
Maybe he FELT he was forced to take one for the team. What would you do if your other band members and unfinshed tour depended on it. If you were a good frontman, you'd continue on, even if you felt you couldnt. No one could flat out force him to do anything.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #88
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
there's always an excuse for Stappy...
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #89
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) He said that way before Alter Bridge released the album. Actually it was on the week before OYE was released.

Just in case I missed something, how do you know he's selling it? Hard Rock Cafe also has copies of the platinum thing... and even if it's Hanson, he's starting his own business, what's wrong in leveraging some capital ? Maybe the ones here who are rich enough to clean the ass with 100 dollar bills can take a laugh at him, but that's not my case...

No, I can't "clean my ass with 100 dollar bills", but it would be grand if I could.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #90
titan9
USER INFO »
I dunno, man, but I've been reading some stuff today(that may or may not be true) regarding Stapp....and maybe Hanson wasn't lying about Flip/Mark being able to end Stapp's career. I'm not going to say anything negative, nor am I going to say where I read the stuff, because I am still a fan of the music and what I read could be a big fat lie. I just wanted to take back what I said earlier about finding Hanson hard to believe. Because if what I read is true....Hanson isn't that hard to believe. That's all I'm saying.