++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #46
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I am glad to see that people are not making this into a pissing battle between Scott and Mark. I think Marcos made some great points, he is right they are in different chapters of thier lives. Who is to say that is the REAL reason, honestly what does the REAL reason matter in the scheme of things. I can empathize with Scott on a lot of things, going through a tumulturous relationship and divorce myself, trust me it is NOT EASY!!!! And I don't have kids, I can't even imagine what it would be like. Like I said before and everyone else on here, I just hope they are all happy in what they are doing, that is really all that matters here!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #47
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Now if Stapp wants to extend the break... it's his choice. Of course the others shouldn't be waiting for him to do what they love. I think it's ok to have a side project and when Stapp is ready, they can come back re-energized!

But it's unfair to say Mark and the others are stabbing him in the back just because they want to move on.

I think everything will come for the good of them. Even if it means the end of Creed, which will be pretty sad. But we should be happy for them, right?

Ya know I have been working toward this in my heart and after I read this thread yesterday I had taken a road trip with plenty of time to think while driving. I had found a little peace about the whole situation but I am now feeling really relaxed about it. Thinking about Mark's style and such - I have always felt they both compromised a little bit to find the formula that is Creed - and it is a good tihing for them creatively to evolve their own styles and be the best Mark and Scott they can be respectively. If that means no Creed for a while I am heartbroken as I will miss it - but it can only bring more good things. maybe great things - and I know in my heart they will find their way together again -

I can't help but think, though, that they haven't parted on the best of terms and that part makes me sad. I hope that if that is the case then they can at least reconcile their friendship even if they can't pull the band together right now. Just speculation on this part of course, but I don't get the feeling it is joyous between them
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #48
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I am glad to see that people are not making this into a pissing battle between Scott and Mark.
yeah... this is one of the only threads today that i haven't gone at it w/ someone... i've been real irratable today.... this is like the Peaceful thread for me!!!... man... i guess all the guitar pics around here have been helpful... i'm so lost w/ out mine... i think i reallized why i've been edgie all day!!!
I CAN't BELIEVE I OVERLOOKED MY 4 Hour GUITAR PRACTICE THAT I NORMALL DO!!!!!! damn... DO YOU PPL SEE HOW CONNECTED I AM TO THESE THINGS!!!!!
i was just playin my Strat-knock-off... i was testing my baby out cuz i got a new pickup in it yesterday!!! it sounds SO SWEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man... guitars are fuckin awesome!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 01-19-2004 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #49
hide
USER INFO »
that is what annoys me about marktremonti.net to be honest in that Stapp is made out to be the devil while Mark is portrayed as the savior of rock music. Now I realise its a board dedicated to Mark but they are obviousy Creed fans (well most of them) so why feel the need to take sides?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:12 PM   #50
Silver
USER INFO »
If Stapp was supposedly kicked out of the band because he wanted more time off, then why would he be spending time on a solo project
Old 01-20-2004, 11:50 AM   #51
Chrispy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Silver) If Stapp was supposedly kicked out of the band because he wanted more time off, then why would he be spending time on a solo project

He has often said that he would be interested in doing things behind the scenes..like producing. Perhaps his solo stuff is that direction. Or Windup simply put that in there to keep it level.

I thought I read in another post that Tremonti said..look, I love the guy but...that is what I was comforted by. I too was concerned that their relationship was condemned. Let's hope for at least that brotherly friendship is still there.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:09 PM   #52
janem
USER INFO »
I think they are both at a point in their lives where they want different things... shits happens like that. So off they go to bigger and better things....
Old 01-20-2004, 01:45 PM   #53
creed_sweden
USER INFO »
i dont care anymore...the only thing i want to hear right now is the new band...
want to forget these months and try to look forward...
and i will ...
Old 01-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #54
e_stapp
USER INFO »
well, the only thing i want to hear right now is Creed new stuff.
I don't care the new band, i want Creed.
I want that the guys will be playin' again toghetter .
I don't want solos albums, or somethings like that.
I want my Creed!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:52 PM   #55
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chrispy) He has often said that he would be interested in doing things behind the scenes..like producing. ...
I thought I read in another post that Tremonti said..look, I love the guy but...that is what I was comforted by.
Where did you hear these things? I'm just curious. And ... what was the "but"?
Old 01-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #56
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Where did you hear these things? I'm just curious. And ... what was the "but"?

I don't know anything about the comment by Tremonti.

But in an online chat someone did ask Scott what he would be doing if he wasn't in a band....and he did state that he would be producing, etc...something in the entertainment business.

"I love the guy, but....." I've never seen that.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #57
Malevolence
USER INFO »
You know, I really don't care about Stapp.

I bet that after we hear Tremonti's new stuff, we'll be blown away and never look back.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #58
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I am glad to see that people are not making this into a pissing battle between Scott and Mark.
i think the Jynx just set in...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-20-2004, 06:12 PM   #59
Jez
USER INFO »
Just to clear things up for those that are wondering about the "but...." statement....I'm posting all of the comments made by musicman done over several post from mt.net.

The very end is where he says the "but.."

I just got back from NAMM 2004, it was pretty cool. I must have walked 10 miles in the 2 days I was there.

OK, let's set all the rumors straight. Mark was being asked all day long about the band breakup. I was standing next to him several times when he was asked by the big boys as to what was going on, in particular, he was with Steve Vai and Vai asked him what he was up to.

Here's what Mark told Steve: Mark stated that him and Stapp were not agreeing on alot of things but more in the timeline of Creed, Stapp wanted to take a longer break from the band but Mark wanted to keep things rolling. He told Vai "You only get to do this once, so I want to keep things going", therefore since Stapp wanted to take it much slower, Mark pressed on with the new band thing. He then told a couple of the other guys that was there that Stapp got booted out of the band.

I also talked to Mark's bodyguard and he said that the new band is soundind awesome, he said that Mark is still thinking about a name for the band, he also said that he's very positive that theyve found the singer although he could not say who.

I hope this answers some of your questions. I took alot of pictures of Mark, here's a couple......

Oh wait, I can't attach pictures here, oh well. I had a good one of him and Vai, I told them to pose together for a few shots, Mark was telling him that he's an inspiration

He was booted from the group because Mark wanted to continue with making records and keep the ball rolling while Scott wanted a more relaxed approach, that's what I got from it. Either way, it doesn't matter now, that part is history. Scott is gone, out of the picture. Mark is now just concentrating on the new singer. He's still lookinf for a name so it won't be Creed anymore. Look at the bright side, you might be able to see Mark play at small venues for a while

I forgot to mention that Mark was walking around all day long Friday and Saturday at NAMM. It seems like the PRS rep was telling Mark when there was a guest appearance from other artists going on because he always seemed to show up at the right times.

Joe Satriani has a new amplifier out called JSX from Peavey. Joe had an amp demo that Mark went to in the Peavey booth, it looked like Mark was having a good time listening to Joe. I video taped the entire amp demo, I was right at the front, the video is KILLER!!

Mark then went to see Steve Vai at the Carvin booth and that's were Steve was asking him about his band.

Mark signed autographs on Friday and Saturday at the PRS booth, his girlfriend Victoria showed up on Friday, I shot a couple pictures of her, she looks like a nice girl.

Mark has his body guard and two other dudes, (one from PRS) with him the whole time he was there.

If you want to see a couple of pictures, go to www.creedfeed.com and look for my post, I'm musicman over there.

Mark didn't talk about Brian Marshall, when asked about Stapp he did say...."I love the guy and everything but,........" I didn't catch the last part of what he said.

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-20-2004, 06:12 PM   #60
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
About fall/winter last year, Stapp mentioned he wants to persue some acting. It was during an interview on a awards red carpet thing.