++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-15-2003, 11:22 AM   #16
wrongway
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What do you think the song faceless man is about? And who do you think the faceless man is? And finally the warrior, who is he?
Old 09-15-2003, 11:43 AM   #17
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Ummmmm?....Clueles Here...But I know A Facelessman Too....And Hes As Many Names...shilo...The Prince Of Peace....the Rose Of sharon...The ....Lamb....The...Carpetner...The...Auther...And Finsher...The...Redemer...Emanuwel...The Lord Of...Host...The..Nazarine...The son Of man....The Christ....................Perhaps could This Be the same Faceless Man?.....Mayebe..HuH....Or She This Go To Another....Fourum.......This Is The Music Forum...Rite...You Guys Decide..........ZION
Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #18
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Faceless Man had me confused for a while.... I don't know what Stapp himself has said about this, but I'll give you my opinions:

First of all, the person Stapp sees in the water is NOT the "Faceless Man," because, if he was faceless, how could he be the reason Stapp sees "a face on the water." So obviously Stapp is seeing and describing someone, but it's not the "Faceless Man."

Looking at the lyrics, I think the face he sees is either Christ, or someone trying to live like Him. "His yoke is easy, and His burden is light" proves that; just go to Matthew 11:30. Also "He looked me right in the eyes, direct and concise, to remind me to always do what's right." It's quite possible that Stapp is looking at his reflection, because he's seeing a face on the water. But I think these phrases point to Christ. (If Christ doesn't have the "will of a warrior", then, tell me, who on earth does?)

Stapp sings time and again that he stands "against the Faceless Man," which, I guess, could mean opposite, as in a reflectin, but I think it's more of a thing like he'll stand up for what he believes in no matter what others may say or do. The Faceless Man, in my opinion, is someone who does not act upon what he or she professes to believe in, or perhaps persecutes others for their beliefs. "If the face inside can't see the light, I know I'll have to walk alone. And if I walk alone to the other side, I know I might not make it home." This is referring to living righteously, trying to make it to Heaven by seeing the light.

I don't know if I make sense, and I'm probably wrong, but this is just my crazy opinion.
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-15-2003, 12:13 PM   #19
Sheila63
USER INFO »
It makes sense to me mysacrifice. From the very first time I heard that song, it really hit me.

Relearn Love
Old 09-15-2003, 09:48 PM   #20
hide
USER INFO »
it were songs like faceless man that made me think a long with others that Creed were indeed a christian band. Where he saids he walks alone to the other side.... he could be using an illustration from Pilgrims Progress the very well-known christian book that i'm sure he studied in his early teens.

Standing against the faceless man is Stapp's rebelling against Christ and he then describes others around him such as other people in his church, perhaps people in his family, neighbours and the like who acted rightous and knew their bibles but they were no different in the interior to anyone else.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:55 AM   #21
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
yeah...the fans sound good, but a close friend sounds good too
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 09-16-2003, 12:50 PM   #22
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Hide, you said that standing against the Faceless Man is Stapp's rebelling against Christ. I'm just wondering if you think Christ is the "Faceless Man." I don't know if He's ever been referred to that in the Bible or whatever, but I would think "Faceless" is a derogatory term, someone who isn't really who they profess to be, etc.

I'm not trying to be contradictory or anything. I'm just not too clear on what you said...

--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-16-2003, 01:10 PM   #23
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mysacrifice411
<b>Hide, you said that standing against the Faceless Man is Stapp's rebelling against Christ. &nbsp;I'm just wondering if you think Christ is the "Faceless Man." &nbsp;I don't know if He's ever been referred to that in the Bible or whatever, but I would think "Faceless" is a derogatory term, someone who isn't really who they profess to be, etc. &nbsp;

I'm not trying to be contradictory or anything. &nbsp;I'm just not too clear on what you said... </b>
No Were In The Bible is Christ Called The Faceless Man....But It
Old 09-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #24
JenRN
USER INFO »
The Faceless man can be lots of people really. I guess whomever you wish it to be when you listen to the song is fine. It could be GOD, could be a indian chief, could be a father, could be lots of people.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #25
hotforscott
USER INFO »
That's the way I feel about it, as well!
Old 09-16-2003, 09:05 PM   #26
hide
USER INFO »
that is a good point faceless could be a deregatory term but stapp also saids of the faceless man "his yoke is easy and his burden is light". This is straight from the bible and describes the Christ. Maybe Stapp could somehow be the Faceless Man and he is struggling with his inner demons.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:20 AM   #27
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Yeah, I know Stapp says that. I know the Bible says that, too (Matt 11:30). But is he describing the Faceless Man? He says
"I saw a FACE on the water / It looked humble but willing to fight...." then goes on to talk about the yoke/burden description. The point I'm getting at is if he's describing the FACE he saw on the water, how could the person he's describing be a "Faceless Man" ? Faceless seems to be something that DOES NOT describe someone with a "face," symbolic or not... Do you know what I mean?

--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-17-2003, 01:23 AM   #28
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Sorry to do two posts, but I think the song portrays how Stapp describes the positive attributes of whoever he sees in the water, then notes that he himself stands against anyone who is "Faceless," perhaps someone who does not portray the qualities of the "face on the water." I don't think the man in the water is the "Faceless Man."

--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-17-2003, 02:38 AM   #29
hide
USER INFO »
thats a good point and stapp has written a song that we could discuss for the whole day and still not work it out. He seems to be descibing Christ yoke is easy etc; and even saids Lord God I stand. But the faceless man could be those that profess to have a faith but are not living that they are fake and are then faceless.

They pretend to live like Christ but they are the faceless man. Perhaps its an illustation I believe from James 2. James describes the man who looks at himself in the mirror but then forgets what he looks like. The faceless man could be one who reads the scriptures but then does not act on what he reads it is merely a book. Perhaps Stapp came across many such people or he wonders if he is indeed like that himself.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #30
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Exactly. That's what I was trying to get at.

--Creed, "My Sacrifice"