++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #2881
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Interesting thing happened this morning...I love to read sacred texts when I have the time. I read this before but it was brought back to my attention today for some reason.

I ran across these words almost identical in context except for the words God and Brahman:

Why would John quote the Rig Veda...was he leading us to something?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." -- St. John

"In th beginning was Brahman, with whom was the Word; and the word was truly the supreme Brahman." -- Rig Veda

The Rig Veda came from the Iron Age, somewhere between 1700-1100 BC.

Brahman is the name of the One God in Hinduism.

Why are we finding this, almost word-for-word, reproduced in the Bible?

I find it interesting....

Last edited by Sasa : 12-27-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #2882
Sasa
USER INFO »

Divine Unification

"We may rise and fall
but in the end we'll meet
our fate together" ONE (CREED)

"The seed of freedom must be hid within the shell of the human. But, like the Prodigal of old, man must make the great discovery for himself. Although the journey may at times seem hard and the burden too great to bear, man still feels within a subtle sense, a mystical presence, a divine Reality. Thus, the inherent nature of himself is forever seek*ing to express itself in tenns of freedom. We will do well to listen to this inner voice, for it tells us of a life wonderful in its scope, of a love beyond our fondest dreams, of a freedom which the soul craves." Ernest Holmes (The Science of Mind)

"If some did not wish to believe, that was all right; there were plenty who would, and the direct proofs of their lives would in time convince others. In this way, eventually, all would be saved from unbearable conditions. The thing to do was to teach the Law to those who did believe. " Ernest Holmes (The Science of Mind)

"It is within the power of every man to completely change his environment and completely heal his body. Whether or not he will do this depends entirely upon his own conviction and his own determination. Nature attends him on the way and is always ready to serve; but he is an individual and nothing will ever be forced upon him." Ernest Holmes (The Science of Mind)

"It is well to remember that the enlightened in every age have taught that back of all things there is One Unseen Cause: In studying the teachings of the great thinkers we find that a common thread runs through all—the thread of Unity. There is no record of any deep thinker, of any age, who taught duality. One of the great teachings of Moses was, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord"; and the saying, "I AM that I AM," was old when Moses was yet unborn; for it had been inscribed over the temple entrances for generations. We may go back much farther than Moses and find the same teaching, for it crops out from the literatures and sayings of the wise of all ages. Jesus taught this when He said, "I and the Father are One," and in the saying, "The Father that dwelleth in me." UNITY by Ernest Holmes

DIVINE UNITY

"The only deception is the lie of seperation, unity is hidden by a thin veil covering our eyes that only needs to be lifted by someone very special."

"Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” JESUS in John 14

Last edited by Sasa : 12-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #2883
Sasa
USER INFO »

Nice place to visit: http://divinejournal.com/

Old 12-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #2884
Sasa
USER INFO »

Why did the Chicken Cross the Road?

"I can't explain,
Can't quite put my finger on it.
The difference
that makes us so different." Time (CREED)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkYi...eature=related

I was walking around outside one day when I saw this bird flying toward me. It landed on a limb near me. For some unknown reason I looked deeply into it's eyes, and simultaneously for a split second, I was inside its mind, looking at myself through it's eyes.

I didn't eat chicken for a long time after that..went completely vegatarian. (True Story)

Ask many different people, Why the chicken crossed the road?... and you get many different answers to the same question.

Douglas Adams: Forty-two.

Mohammed Aldouri (Iraqi ambassador): The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We don't even have a chicken.

Aristotle: To actualize its potential.

Buddha: If you ask this question, you deny your own chicken-nature.

George W. Bush: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.

Bill Clinton: I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What do you mean by chicken? Could you define chicken, please?

Howard Cosell: It may very well have been one of the most astonishing events to grace the annals of history. An historic, unprecedented avian biped with the temerity to attempt such an herculean achievement formerly relegated to homo sapien pedestrians is truly a remarkable occurence.

Salvador Dali: The Fish.

Darwin: Chickens, over great periods of time, have been naturally selected in such a way that they are now genetically dispositioned to cross roads.

Jacques Derrida: Any number of contending discourses may be discovered within the act of the chicken crossing the road, and each interpretation is equally valid as the authorial intent can never be discerned,because structuralism is DEAD, DAMMIT, DEAD!

Einstein: Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road moved beneath the chicken depends upon your frame of reference.

Emerson: The chicken didn't cross the road; it transcended it.

Emily Dickinson: Because it could not stop for death.

Epicurus: For fun.

Freud: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

Bill Gates: I have just released the new Chicken Office 2000, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook.

Goethe: The eternal hen-principle made it do it.

Grandpa: In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken had crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

Heisenberg: We are not sure which side of the road the chicken was on, but it was moving very fast.

Hemingway: To die. In the rain.

Hippocrates: Because of an excess of light pink gooey stuff in its pancreas.

David Hume: Out of custom and habit.

Saddam Hussein: This was an unprovoked act of rebellion and we were quite justified in dropping 50 tons of nerve gas on it.

Carl Jung: The confluence of events in the cultural gestalt necessitated that individual chickens cross roads at this historical juncture, and therefore synchronicitously brought such occurrences into being.

Martin Luther King, Jr.: I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

Captain Kirk: To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

Timothy Leary: Because that's the only kind of trip the Establishment would let it take.

John Lennon: Imagine all the chickens crossing roads in peace.

Machiavelli: So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road, but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely chicken's dominion maintained.

Karl Marx: It was a historical inevitability.

Moses: And God came down from the Heavens, and He said unto the Chicken, "Thou shalt cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.

Agent Mulder: You saw it cross the road with your own eyes. How many more chickens have to cross the road before you believe it?

Ralph Nader: The chicken's habitat on the original side of the road had been polluted by unchecked industrialist greed. The chicken did not reach the unspoiled habitat on the other side of the road because it was crushed by the wheels of a gas-guzzling SUV.

Nietzsche: Because if you gaze too long across the Road, the Road gazes also across you.

Richard M. Nixon: The chicken did not cross the road. I repeat, the chicken did NOT cross the road.

Plato: For the greater good.

Pyrrho the Skeptic: What road?

Ronald Reagan: I forget.

Colonel Sanders: I missed one?

Jean-Paul Sartre: In order to act in good faith and be true to itself, the chicken found it necessary to cross the road.

Jerry Seinfeld: Why does anyone cross a road? I mean, why doesn't anyone ever think to ask, "What the heck was this chicken doing walking around all over the place, anyway? Where do they get these chickens?"

Dr. Seuss: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed, I've not been told!

B.F. Skinner: Because the external influences which had pervaded its sensorium from birth had caused it to develop in such a fashion that it would tend to cross roads, even while believing these actions to be of its own free will.

The Sphinx: You tell me.

Oliver Stone: The question is not, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Rather, it is, "Who was crossing the road at the same time, whom we overlooked in our haste to observe the chicken crossing?"

Mr. T: If you saw me coming you'd cross the road too!

Thoreau: To live deliberatelyand suck all the marrow out of life.

Torquemada: Give me ten minutes with the chicken and I'll find out.

Mark Twain: The news of its crossing has been greatly exaggerated.

Voltaire: I may not agree with what the chicken did, but I will defend to the death its right to do it.

Wittgenstein: The possibility of "crossing" was encoded into the objects "chicken" and "road", and circumstances came into being which caused the actualization of this potential occurrence.

Molly Yard: It was a hen!

Zeno of Elea: To prove it could never reach the other side.

Last edited by Sasa : 12-29-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #2885
Sasa
USER INFO »

Forty Six and Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

Beauty is the externalisation of Harmony, and Harmony is the co-ordinated working of all the powers of Being, both in the individual and in the relation of the individual to the Infinite from which it springs; and therefore this Harmony conducts us at once into the presence of the innermost undifferentiated Life.

Thus Beauty is in most immediate touch with the very arcanum of Life; it is the brightness of glory spreading itself over the sanctuary of the Divine Spirit.

Last edited by Sasa : 12-29-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #2886
Sasa
USER INFO »

"NO LIMITS"

"I cry out to God
Seeking only his decision
Gabriel stands and confirms
I've created my own prison" My Own Prison (CREED)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP4G8_alAT4

NON-RESISTANCE

They were publicly humiliated, stripped, beaten and rejected, made fun of....and in the end...their strength, enduring friendship and faith in God...Saved countless others from a life of prison hell.....

The BOOK OF ACTS CH 16
The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. 23 After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24 When he received these orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.

25 About midnight Paul and Silas (Collective Consciousness) were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.

ACTS 16

The other prisoners were listening and watching...so not only were they freed... Their lives were used to FREE OTHERS..even the prison guard.

"The meek are all in ONE."

PERSISTANCE

BELIEF

I took this class a few years back..we won't mention any names...but...my assignment was to transform objects from one thing to another in mind using visualization. I chose a digital camera....I was then told to change it into a piece of fruit...I chose an apple. I had to visualize every small detail of the change in my mind, I had to see it transform vividly in my mind. As you can Imagine I laughed out loud and wondered what in the world could this possibly accomplish... Today I appreciate that lesson and that teacher because I use that when I have a very negative experience or when I am thinking really upsetting thoughts. If I can catch myself in the middle of a negative thought or situation, I can flip it and visualize the best possible outcome. Much like Paul and Silas in prison...they visualized a better outcome..and believed in God to set them free.

I am sure there are tons of other examples that can be used...this is just the one that came into mind this morning as I typed. Its a very profound lesson and there is great truth within it. I am thankful today that God has put it into my heart because I tend to forget so easily. I have something important coming up so I need to use this exercise for the next few days consistantly.

Song in the NIGHT:
http://bibleencyclopedia.com/picture...l_1337-225.jpg

Song in the NIGHT?
http://www.andydarnell.com/wp-conten...-in-prison.jpg

Have an amazing DAY!!!

Last edited by Sasa : 12-30-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:27 AM   #2887
Sasa
USER INFO »

"A lie can no longer exist, once the truth is uncovered."

The History of King Henry the 8th.

The History of King James.

Its so easy to get to now, with all the search engines, it just takes time to read through and see.

If a lion knew his strength, it were hard for
any man to hold him.
- Sir Thomas More of Henry VIII

Last edited by Sasa : 12-31-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #2888
Sasa
USER INFO »

Beautiful thing happened this fall and because it suddenly came into mind, I have to share. I live around alot of beautiful trees, I love them... on this day I was walking through the house when something caught my eye outside. It was a tree, with bright yellow leaves, shedding. The amazing part was that all the other trees around this ONE were very still and no leaves were falling. This tree however, looked ALIVE and as if it was raining leaves. I stared in disbelief for a long time but then grabbed the camera. Its a beautiful thing to watch and I was fortunate to witness it.

Here is one similar to what I saw, someone recorded it: SO BEAUTIFUL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX5TO...eature=related

Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba; in Chinese and Japanese 銀杏, pinyin romanization: yín xìng, Hepburn romanization: ichō or ginnan), also spelled gingko and known as the Maidenhair Tree, is a unique species of tree with no close living relatives. The tree is widely cultivated and introduced, since an early period in human history, and has various uses as a food and traditional medicine.

Last edited by Sasa : 12-31-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #2889
Sasa
USER INFO »

NEW YEAR, NEW YOU...New ME!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #2890
Sasa
USER INFO »

DREAMING??

"To Make the Earth and my dreams the same." Creed (HIGHer)

"If you require Love try to realize that the only way to get love is by giving it, that the more you give the more you will get, and the only way in which you can give it, is to fill yourself with it, until you become a magnet." Charles Haanel

"Love draws forth Love." Saint Theresa of Avila

"Whenever you rejoice in another's good fortune, their good fortune sticks to you." unknown

"Out of clutter find simplicity, from discord find harmony, in the middle of difficulty find opportunity." Albert Einstein

Am I dreaming? Is this a Dream?

The Toltecs teach that all humans are dreaming (Chapter 2). This means they are distorting reality according to their own individual filters and programming. What humans perceive as the world around them is not what is really there — it only exists in the little virtual reality (“dream”) in their individual minds. No two people perceive the universe in the same way, which means that everyone lives in a different universe.

"The eagle warrior knows that other peoples' descriptions have nothing to do with what is “out there” in the world, including the warrior. He is dreaming a different reality, and he is absolutely aware that his dream is the truth for himself, and no one else. The eagle warrior does not engage in conflict about whose dream is right, and he does not defend his version of reality. He knows that every person's dream is the truth for that individual, and for no one else. The Toltec warrior is free to live in the world, following his path with heart, seeing the truth in every dream."

http://www.truemakebelieve.com/Eleph...e_Art_Only.jpg

Last edited by Sasa : 01-02-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #2891
Sasa
USER INFO »

Living in Unlimited Happiness

There is a myth in the dream of the planet that says you cannot be happy all the time. Humans have been taught they need to suffer and feel pain so that they will recognize and appreciate their moments of happiness. The Toltec artist of the spirit has broken that old agreement. He knows he actually can be happy all the time, and he is. He keeps his attention focused on his emotional body, and if he experiences feelings that make him unhappy, he knows he has been hooked one more time by his parasite.

In those parasite moments the warrior goes quickly within, to play and love in his inner world. He becomes the jaguar, stalks his prey (a lie from the parasite), devours it, and replaces it with the truth of love and acceptance. When his feeling body has returned to its happy state, the warrior moves on. He will not tolerate anything but the joy and freedom that is his nature. The artist of the spirit is making beautiful art with his life. His love is his brush, and his paints are the many wonderful and unique qualities life has given him to share in the world.

http://www.justabovesunset.com/20090...10_Aztec02.jpg

Old 01-03-2012, 04:51 AM   #2892
Sasa
USER INFO »

THORNS

"I feel forces all around me
Come on raise your head
Those who hide behind the shadows
Live with all that's dead." Bullets (CREED)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQXwLxbx0c

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers...." Ephesians

"A change in feeling is a change in destiny." Neville Goddard

"When you change the way you feel right now, the past is
gone and your life changes." Unknown

"Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul (vibration) so high that the offense cannot reach it." Rene Descartes

"It is thus that you may lead a charmed life from all harm,
it is thus you may become a positive force whereby conditions
of opulence and harmony may be attracted to you." Charles Haanel

My emotions (feelings) are only indicators (alert signals) of what I am
thinking about. It signals right thought with happiness, love and joy. Wrong thought with anger or sadness or depression unless of course I want to be in darkness.

To change an emotion, all I have to do is deliberately change the thought process.

We align with a thought and produce a physical result. Don't like the thought, change it.

Stalk it...Jump on it...Eliminate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG6iF...eature=related

Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #2893
Sasa
USER INFO »

Smile

I have to say I had something very important to do yesterday it meant so much to me on a personal level. I stayed committed to the best possible outcome for a week and it happened, even though there was doubt and negativity present at times,...I called it out (stalked the negative thought) and deliberately replaced those thoughts in my mind with a vision of the best possible outcome. When it came to pass better than what I envisioned...yesterday... All I could do was cry and say thank you, it meant so much to me. As it came to pass instead of empowered..I felt the most humble feeling, humbled, and in that moment of stillness...gratitude filled me up inside and there was not a prideful element left in my body. I am Thankful today to God, I am so Blessed and He is so real in my life.

Keep the best possible outcome in your mind consistantly and magic happens.
Amazing things come to pass beyond your vision of what could be the best outcome, better than you can imagine!

"By believing passionately in something that does not exist we create it."
Nikos Kazantzakis

"You give birth to that on which you fix your mind." Antoine de Saint Exupery

"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must enevitably come to pass." PJ Meyer

This made my day yesterday afternoon when everything was over, my child was youtubing....and this is what she showed me: the gifts just kept flowing...

MAX the smiling Dog.

Smile though your heart is aching...

Smile even though its breaking..

When there are clouds in the sky...

You'll get by...

If you Smile through your fear and sorrow...

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll see the SUN come shining through...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZEW...ture=mh_l olz

Last edited by Sasa : 01-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #2894
Sasa
USER INFO »

FEEL The CHANGE

"It is the face of our own shadow that glowers at us across the Iron Curtain." Carl Jung

Have you ever been led to something, drawn to it, not understanding why?
Have you ever had it suddenly hit you that this is why I was drawn to it?
The Answer comes and then your like ....WOW...OMG...That's why!
I call it an EPIPHANY...

I had one yesterday...wanna hear it? I know you do...
And you are going to want to listen to this song again after I explain it in this way....and you will have an EPIPHANY. We will have EPIPHANIES..together

My shadow is a symbolic representation of my negative thought process, my inner critic, we are truly our own worst enemy. That negative voice in our head sets our limits and creates alongside equally with the inner loving voice.
And in alot of cases overrules the inner loving voice which is simply stated, our positive thought process.

My shadow's shedding skin
Ive been pickin scabs again

(represents doubt and seeing the darkside of a situation, in doing so
we actually shed in a spiritual way in that it effects others physically if this rules over our lightness)

Ive been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what couldve been
Ive been wallowing on my own confused
insecure delusions
For a piece (peace) to cross me over
or a word to guide me in

I wanna feel the change coming down
I wanna know what Ive been hiding

(we must be aware of our shadow self, be aware of what your negative thought process is.)

in my shadow, in my shadow

Change is coming through my shadow
My shadow's shedding skin
Ive picking my scabs again...

(This is amazing...Change comes only when we become aware of the shadow self, its only when we realize our own negative thought process, that a positive change can result. We can't fix any problem without claiming the problem is ours.)

Join in
Join in my child
my shadow moves,
closer to meaning

This is amazing...the shadow is moving closer to meaning...I just defined it.

Ive been crawling on my belly (THE SERPENT)
Clearing out what could've been
Ive been wallowing in my own chaotic
insecure delusions

Chaotic (out of order) Insecure (no faith) delusions (self lie) ... The inner critic is sabotaging my success, my dreams... the vision of my greatest possible outcome. Crawling on my belly (in SHAME)... Clearing our what could've been...(always looking back and saying what if I could change it all, I would go back and do it differently, I would correct my mistakes.)

I wanna feel the change consume me
Feel the outside turning in
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
cleansing Ive endured in.

This is profound...a consuming change involves the entire being..the whole person..not just half. ALL of me...
Feel the outside turning in...realization the exterior is a result of the interior thought process in a supernatural way.
The metamorphosis is a long process its not sudden, if you watch a catarpillar change into a butterfly it goes into ISOLATION first...It is all alone with itself..
then it gets its wings.

FEEL the change...use your emotions (feelings) to notice your negative thoughts, then change them. Focus on things that make you feel good.

NOW LISTEN TO The SONG again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

Last edited by Sasa : 01-05-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #2895
Sasa
USER INFO »

REGENERATION

"Ash still simmers
just under my skin..."...A Thousand Faces (CREED)

We shed daily....

Did you know that skin cells regenerate?

That means they don't repair, they completely renew, unless of course we hold the old pattern in mind and then they will come back exactly the same.

Why am I talking about this? HA!!

Today is an exciting day for me we are learning about my favorite topic: Inflammation and Wound Healing.

I love to see a wound heal!