++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-20-2003, 11:53 AM   #1
njdrummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Said Eyes person,
I read the reply you posted on my thread for my bands show this past weekend. In case anyone missed it here it is:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start out as cover bands maybe, but how long have these guys been doing this? Couple years at least. It's time to do your own stuff dude.

And I can't say I'd go to see a cover band. I'm always seeing bands trying their thing. If they're no good, at least they're trying to do their own thing (and I've only wasted a few bucks...). Cover bands are like second rate musicians to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - you don't know anything about what we do besides this. For you information I DO some of my own stuff besides this. And I am a trained musician. I have studied with several teachers that are professional musicians for a number of years.

2 - Are you even a musician?

3. Where do you get off calling me and my band "second rate" musicians when you don't even know us or have even heard us - ESPECIALLY if you aren't a musician yourself...try getting a clue before making insulting comments like that and taking potshots.

4. All I am doing here is promoting my band for the Creed fans here since thats what we do is play Creed tunes. I've never said a negative thing EVER in any of my posts about any other musician no matter what they do whether it be play original material or covers. So I guess you just found the need to be negative...

5. Why don't you just keep your insults to yourself. You have every right to think we are "2nd rate" musicians, but there is no need to broadcast your negative opinions to everyone else.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:04 PM   #2
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
i dont think cover bands are second rate at all. i applaud a band for having enough skill and discipline to cover a band. not everyone has enough talent to cover Creed. i myself have a band, and we do cover songs, and we do write and perform our own stuff too. and i love when popular bands cover other bands.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 10-20-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
DSDTonya
USER INFO »
Quote: . All I am doing here is promoting my band for the Creed fans here since thats what we do is play Creed tunes. I've never said a negative thing EVER in any of my posts about any other musician no matter what they do whether it be play original material or covers. So I guess you just found the need to be negative...

Thank you so much for letting us know about when & where youre playing.
Dont worry about the negative replies-theres some in every bunch no matter what the topic is.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
creedchick02
USER INFO »
Cover bands are just that....they cover another band..a band that they like, what is so wrong with that?...i don't think they do it to steal just to jam to a great band
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 10-20-2003, 07:31 PM   #5
Sheila63
USER INFO »
njdrummer, I'm one of the members here who will be in the Philadephia/NJ area next month and I'm hoping to see you and your band play if your available and find a venue.

Relearn Love
Old 10-21-2003, 01:19 AM   #6
njdrummer
USER INFO »
thank you so much! I am working on it - I'll let you know!

Bill
www.humanclayband.net
Old 10-21-2003, 04:36 AM   #7
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-njdrummer+10-21-2003 01:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (njdrummer @ 10-21-2003 01:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Said Eyes person,
I read the reply you posted on my thread for my bands show this past weekend. In case anyone missed it here it is:

1 - you don't know anything about what we do besides this. For you information I DO some of my own stuff besides this. And I am a trained musician. I have studied with several teachers that are professional musicians for a number of years.

2 - Are you even a musician?

3. Where do you get off calling me and my band "second rate" musicians when you don't even know us or have even heard us - ESPECIALLY if you aren't a musician yourself...try getting a clue before making insulting comments like that and taking potshots.

4. All I am doing here is promoting my band for the Creed fans here since thats what we do is play Creed tunes. I've never said a negative thing EVER in any of my posts about any other musician no matter what they do whether it be play original material or covers. So I guess you just found the need to be negative...

5. Why don't you just keep your insults to yourself. You have every right to think we are "2nd rate" musicians, but there is no need to broadcast your negative opinions to everyone else. [/b][/quote]
Those are all fair points I guess. Its just my point of view dude. If you're doing your own stuff, how 'bout we get a chance to hear it! Who's your band? Where/when are you playing? Got any samples? Any music coming out for radio? Any EP or LP releases?

My opinion on cover bands being second rate still remains, however.

I am a musician actually (although I use the term loosely), I play bass. I have heard some of your music, downloaded from your website. I still think if your main claim to fame at the moment is for being in a cover band, then you are second rate. Show me some stuff from your original band and I'm prepared to listen and hey, I might even like it. Who knows.

Meanwhile, this is a bulletin board, it's meant for broadcasting opinions, negative or otherwise. If I do have a negative thing or if someone else does, I'd want myself or them to speak up, in fact I'd expect no less. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows, neither is this BB.

As a side note, like facelessman, I absolutely love it when bands I see through in an unexpected cover. Its just cover bands who play nothing but covers that I think are second rate. Creed themselves started out as a cover band (although you guys are more a tribute thing, which, while slightly different still makes me think of you as second rate), and I'd have had the same opinion until I'd have heard some of their own stuff - just like your own band.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, you actually said "second rate" 4 times in that last post, Said Eyes. Really making generalizations, aren't you?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-21-2003, 02:32 PM   #9
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
I too hope they (Human Clay) are playing somewhere during CreedFeedFest!! I think it would be awesome to get a dose of Creed music for CreedFeedFest, being as we are gathering becuz we love the band so much!! I say: "If it can't be Creed, a cover band would be the next best thing."

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 10-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree 100%. I hope they get to play at a venue close to our gathering next month!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:17 PM   #11
hide
USER INFO »
it takes a lot of skill to play songs be they from Creed or another band in a manner which would please the members of that band if they were in the audience. Creed did start out as a cover band and went on to better things perhaps Human Clay will be no different who knows? Good luck to Human Clay hopefully they will go on to bigger and better things and in the meantime good luck!
Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #12
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
i think a tribute band is different from a cover band
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 10-22-2003, 04:13 AM   #13
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Second rate; Second rate; Second rate; Second rate; Second rate.
New Record!

Hide, Creed went on to write their own stuff and I for one think its amazing. I even recall reading somewhere that Tremonti doesn't like to play others' songs. If NJDrummer does original stuff too then my opinion will change.

Facelessman, Tribute bands and cover bands may be (a little) different, but they're not playing their own stuff, in which case my opinion remains of their second-rate-ed-ness.

edit: SIX!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:19 PM   #14
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I applaud anyone who can cover ANY creed song. Those guitar and drum parts don't seem to be the easiest thing to master. So more power to you and your band njdrummer. Your guys seem pretty awesome. Good luck in everything you do!

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 10-22-2003, 08:24 PM   #15
hide
USER INFO »
that is true I don't think Mark does like covering other's songs too much although he was in a Metallica cover band initially if i'm not mistaken. I believe he said a cover album is a possiblity down the track so they do it properly. That would be great pull out the Zepplin, Hendrix, U2, Metallica and hopefully some more recent stuff.