++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Waxing Poetica
Today's Posts «

Old 06-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, I'm not even sure that Flip said that. And if he did, if he actually meant it. Based on what has been said in the past(about Stapp being the main lyricist for Creed), I'd like to think that Flip wouldn't say that sort of stuff, especially if he knows that it is not true or at least that he did not mean it in the way he said it.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Or maybe it is true. Maybe it was Stapp taking credit for what Mark did, that did happen a lot in Creed!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #18
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Or maybe it is true. Maybe it was Stapp taking credit for what Mark did, that did happen a lot in Creed!

ya know what, Lith...YOU wish it were a true statement...anything to just keep needeling, huh?...why not just let it go.

Miss Seeker wrote a poem...whether you agree with it's contents or not, could be expressed in a less negative light. The poetry threads are neutral terratory...people here get along...it is a creative space meant for just that...
Being Creative...not coming in here to further an agenda such as yours...

I'll be surprised if you don't already have ulcers from this...because if you don't with the kind of negative energy you have aimed at stapp still, you will certainly be needing pepto...real soon.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 06-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Or maybe it is true. Maybe it was Stapp taking credit for what Mark did, that did happen a lot in Creed!

What has Stapp really taken credit for in Creed? I don't recall him ever taking credit for writing the music, unless I'm missing an interview or something. All I've ever heard Stapp say is that he wrote the lyrics. Based on his past and what he's said, the lyrics seem to fit the man, so I wholeheartedly believe Stapp wrote the lyrics. Maybe Stapp has taken credit for more things in Creed and I just haven't heard/seen that. I don't know. All I know is that Stapp, in all the interviews he's done since Creed officially broke up, has seemed remorseful for Creed's break-up. At least that's the impression I've gotten. I'm not going to talk about this anymore, as I think Miss Seeker's thread has been derailed far enough. If anyone wants to start a new topic in the Creed forum to speak about who wrote the lyrics for Creed, I'll gladly post in that.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:15 AM   #20
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ya know what, Lith...YOU wish it were a true statement...anything to just keep needeling, huh?...why not just let it go.
Dude, chill! I didn't say THIS IS THE WAY!!! I said maybe. Maybe means it's a theory. And as I said before. I really question that statement. But it just means Mark wrote more lyrics than we knew he was. But that's only a maybe, no need to get upset.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Miss Seeker wrote a poem...whether you agree with it's contents or not, could be expressed in a less negative light. The poetry threads are neutral terratory...people here get along...it is a creative space meant for just that...
Being Creative...not coming in here to further an agenda such as yours...
Yeah, maybe I am giving very negative energy to Scott right now. But it's also the truth. He was my hero... That man was like, wow, my God! Until he did all this shit like bar fights, the Chicago show, etc, etc. And now when Alter Bridge have given their side of the story, I choose to believe them. And remember. I never said anything about Scott being an asshole. Never was impolite. The only thing I did was quoting interviews. If you are so angry with me, why don't you find any interviews about this break up that is positive about Scott? I'm not trying to fight here. It's just that when MissSeeker wrote all that stuff about me giving Mark too much credit I answered with, what I think, is the truth. Lately I've found out that all things I loved with Stapp was really Mark's ideas at first. Besides from the lyrics, but the lyrics in Alter Bridge are great too, I think.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) I'll be surprised if you don't already have ulcers from this...because if you don't with the kind of negative energy you have aimed at stapp still, you will certainly be needing pepto...real soon.
Eh... Noo... Why would I? Not that I have a heart of stone, but why would I? I mean... I only quoted interviews, I wasn't negative about the man, the interviews might be. I understand you don't like me at all, and I don't like you that much right now either. But I respect you. I hope you respect me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) What has Stapp really taken credit for in Creed? I don't recall him ever taking credit for writing the music, unless I'm missing an interview or something.
They never really said... They just said Stapp was holding Mark back.

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 06-10-2005 at 03:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:48 AM   #21
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I understand you don't like me at all, and I don't like you that much right now either. But I respect you. I hope you respect me.

Lith, you don't know me, so you really don't know what i think, about you, or for that matter anyone else on this or any other bb i post on...in fact no body that posts on these bb's know me on a level that would qualify them to assume they know how i would feel about any of them.

Truth be told, Lith...i hold no ill will towards anyone...the assumptions are made because of how people choose to take my comments...which have become few and far between...so if you "undrstand" i don't like you, then you are assuming something that i have have never said.

Everyone has the right to their opinions...I can respect that right, although many times that respect has not been shown to me...but again, by doing what you did by hijacking this thread which was nothing more than a poem by Miss Seeker, did you show her respect?...

I don't want to fight with you or anyone else, Lithium...sorry your hero/god fell in your eyes...but something to remember...hero's are human too.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 06-10-2005, 05:08 AM   #22
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Truth be told, Lith...i hold no ill will towards anyone...the assumptions are made because of how people choose to take my comments...which have become few and far between...so if you "undrstand" i don't like you, then you are assuming something that i have have never said.
Yeah, that's true, but you seemed real angry, so I figured that was the way it was. Didn't mean to upset you.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Everyone has the right to their opinions...I can respect that right, although many times that respect has not been shown to me...but again, by doing what you did by hijacking this thread which was nothing more than a poem by Miss Seeker, did you show her respect?...
I'm sorry 'bout that, but I think I've been disrespected by many Stapp fans as I guess you feel you have by many Alter Bridge fans. But I think this Alter Bridge vs. Scott Stapp is so ridiculous! I'm one of the few Alter Bridge diehards who's looking forward to Scott's solo album. And what the heck do you mean by hijacking? No offense, but that wasn't poem and it was very naive and not true! How can one of the best persons ever to walk upon this earth have been in several bar fights in just a few months? I'm NOT saying Mark or anyone else in AB is the best. I'm saying something like Nelson Mandela. Or someone who's done something very good political!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) I don't want to fight with you or anyone else, Lithium...sorry your hero/god fell in your eyes...but something to remember...hero's are human too.
That's cool, I'm not mad at him anymore. No need to look back in anger. Creed is over, Alter Bridge is here and Myles is a freaking GREAT singer and person.

But please everybody. I didn't mean to hijack anyone! Alright? Peace!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 06-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #23
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, but then you should have written "I'm not even able to describe what your lyrics means to me". And just so you know Flip said this in The Flint Journal:
In case you forgot, singing is music too, not only lyrics.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) "Mark wrote most of the material (with Creed). He wrote probably 60 or 70 percent of the lyrics, did most of the vocal melodies and came up with all of the guitar riffs," Phillips said in a recent interview from the band's rehearsal space in Florida. - Read the whole interview here
I think you should check your sources, because everybody knows Scott wrote most of the lyrics. Besides, do you think Creed would have succeeded with Tremonti as singer. It is Scotts voice, lyrics, passion, moves, looks, charisma, spirituality, purity that moves the masses.

Quote: No. But it was apart of it. I got into Creed mostly because they had GREAT songs, (which Mark wrote), and because the singer seemed really cool. So both actually.
Can't you tell the difference in style between Creed songs and Alter Bridge songs? Creed is Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge Tremonti.

Quote: Yeah, sure, that's true, but all Scott's fans will also be Creed fans at first. And the Pearl Jam thing... Not the whole truth! I don't know the whole truth 'cause the band won't tell us but Brian said in an interview last year, (maybe it was that Kerrang interview, can't remember), that the Pearl Jam thing was not the reason he left and that he didn't want to tell the whole story.
Everybody knows Scott fired Brian because of the Pearl Jam thing. Of course there might be more reasons.

Quote: Actually Scott said to VH1 that he took fully responsibility for the Creed break-up and that it was all his fault 'cause he couldn't communicate. The clip was up on PassionBreedsFollowers a while ago.
Don't you want to hear Scott's side of the story? If you do read the MTV interview. http://www.mtv.com/bands/s/stapp_sco...eature_080904/

MTV: Mark and Scott Phillips said your differences were personal as well as musical. No one could get along with you.

Stapp: That's not true. There wasn't a fight. There was just no communication [between us]. I had all these health problems, and I isolated myself, and to be honest with you, I didn't feel like anyone cared about anything but making money and touring.

I have a son and my goals have changed. I didn't want to tour 280 days a year. I wanted to spend more time with my son. I'm divorced and his mother's not involved in his life, so that's what's important to me.

MTV: You had health problems beyond the injuries you sustained in the car accident in 2002?

Stapp: I was basically on [anti-inflammatory] Prednisone for the last six months of the Weathered tour, and it bloated me up like a beached whale. I looked like fat Elvis. I had a nodule on my vocal cord, too.

Quote: Yeah, that's what you think. Nothing has EVER touched me the way In Loving Memory did. That's the only song ever I've cried to. And man. Broken Wings, Shed My Skin, Find The Real, The End Is Here, I might as well just name 'em all. They're in a different style than Creed's yeah, but they're very emontional.

It's fine you're a fan of Alter Bridge, you're entiteled to your own opinion. Nothing has ever touched me like With Arms Wide Open, Higher, Pity For A Dime...

Quote: Hahaha!! I'm in love with Mark? Yeah right, you're the one who wrote that poem about Scott like he was God, remember? And I am very objective. I only quote interviews made by Creed, Alter Bridge and Scott himself. And when Mark met Scott Scott knew NOTHING about music, but Mark, for example, tried to teach him to play guitar, although he wasn't very good. Anyway. My point is that Scott learned very much from Mark. Just watch Creed: Behind The Music. It's able to download at www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com
Well to me Scott is a god and he will stay that no matter what anyone says.
Of course such an amazing guy has enemies, but there will always be enough of us who see his true colors. Scott said in an interview that Mark is a muse to him because of the great guitar playing. Mark probably used to feel the same way otherwise they wouldn't have worked toghether for all these years with so much success.

Anyway I wouldn't trust every interview you read. Magazines always need something to write about. The MTV interview comes from Scott's official website.

When it comes to Alter Bridge they have great songs, the only thing missing is a great singer.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #24
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Everybody knows Scott fired Brian because of the Pearl Jam thing. Of course there might be more reasons.

I respectfully disagree with that. I've heard that the reason why Brian left the band was because him and Stapp could not get along anymore. I believe Stapp even said it himself. Here's the exact quote from that same MTV interview you mentioned.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Scott Stapp/MTV interview) Actually, that Pearl Jam thing had absolutely nothing to do with why Brian left the band. Brian left the band because if he didn't, I don't know if Brian would be here right now on this earth. I can't elaborate, but it was for his best interest at the time that he took a break. We always loved Brian and that was the hardest thing we ever had to do. We did that because we cared for him. I'm glad that he's all right now and everything's going good for him now.

So, based on what Scott himself has said, your statement is not true.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #25
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
The Pearl Jam thing might not be the only reason Marshall had to leave, but I'm sure it is one of the reasons.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/creed/bio.jhtml

"During the summer of 2000, Creed bassist Brian Marshall made headlines for criticizing Pearl Jam's recent songwriting style during a radio interview; he later apologized, and Stapp distanced the rest of the band from Marshall's comments on Creed's website. A couple of months later, just before the official start of the band's American tour, it was announced that Marshall was no longer a member of Creed. "

Old 06-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »
Yes, but Stapp himself said that "Actually, that Pearl Jam thing had absolutely nothing to do with why Brian left the band." So according to Stapp, the PJ thing had nothing to do with Brian leaving the band. Instead, he, according to Stapp, left the band because he and Stapp were not getting along. Based on what Brian has said recently(calling Stapp a liar, among other things), that seems to fit Stapp's comments, so I think Stapp was telling the truth about it in that MTV interview. Of course, both of them could be lying. Who knows. I just believe Stapp in this case.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #27
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
If Scott Stapp said it, I believe it too.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #28
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Lets face it, Scott's passion is what made Creed such a great band.

From an objextive point of view, as in the actual poem.song itself, it was decent, had some flow problems and didn't have too great a structure unless it was a poem, in which case it just had weird structure.

But THIS is nonsense I will not stand for! lol, Creed was a good band, great for one album, mediocre and unoriginal after that. And while you can like Stapp or dislike him, slighting Mark like this is ridiculous. Creed would have had NO fans in the rock genre if it hadn't been for Tremo's awesome riffs. And indeed they might have had quite a few more fans had Stapp not been in the band, lol
Old 06-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #29
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Can't you tell the difference in style between Creed songs and Alter Bridge songs?
Actually some of the songs on One Day Remains do sound very Creed-like.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MissSeeker) Well to me Scott is a god and he will stay that no matter what anyone says.
At the risk of sounding repetitive (and we all know repetition is evil) worship the music, not the musician. That statement right there is a little scary. Scott squats to s**t just like the rest of us.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #30
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) That statement right there is a little scary. Scott squats to s**t just like the rest of us.
LOL!