++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Listen to this...

OK, I changed this... It used to be an STP cover that I recently recorded. Someone on here decided to be a jerk and posted it in a STP forum to be ridiculed under the title "So Horrible It's Funny" (even though some people liked it).

Instead, here's an original song that I recorded with my band. I wrote the song and it's me with vocals and on guitar. Hope ya like and I would appreciate feedback. It's not perfect, but we did the best we could considering the guitar was recorded 5 months before the drums.

Don't worry, its a rock song, just get through the intro.

http://dl.downloadhosting.com/downlo...es - Fired.mp3

Last edited by Hellboy : 12-02-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:53 AM   #2
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Wow..Jon, that sounded pretty good. Now, I offer a trade. Since I listened to what you have, go to my band's website: www.thecomebackrock.tk, and check out what we have. Give me some feedback
Old 12-01-2004, 01:06 AM   #3
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) Wow..Jon, that sounded pretty good. Now, I offer a trade. Since I listened to what you have, go to my band's website: www.thecomebackrock.tk, and check out what we have. Give me some feedback
Very cool. Good Christian rock is hard to come by, IMO. I listened to Burning to Live. Keep going, you've got something there.

I also recorded some original material a while back that I wrote back earlier this year. Pretty heavy song with percussion. I'll have to post that eventually.

I am very self-conscious about my voice, but I think it sounded pretty good on this song, and I have a good range. My guitar skills are limited, but I do what I can with them and it usually turns out well.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:24 AM   #4
revisfoot
USER INFO »
I have a tendency to over-produce our stuff. Hence, all the extra guitars and strings and whatnot in our music. I know I should cut back, but I'm always sitting at the computer, and thinking, "ooh...cowbells would sound good there!"

No, you have an awesome voice. Keep it up, man. And, please, share that other stuff!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:49 PM   #5
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Any others???
Old 12-01-2004, 11:04 PM   #6
jarofsap
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) I just recorded an acoustic cover of STP's "Down."
Stone Temple Pilots are one of the greatest bands of all time. Just thought I'd let everyone know that.
I'm crawling back to start
- Layne Staley (Rotten Apple)
Old 12-01-2004, 11:52 PM   #7
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Did you listen to the song though???
Old 12-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #8
jarofsap
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Did you listen to the song though???
Yeah. I posted the song on an STP message board I visit alot. The other forum members liked it. And by liked, I mean hated.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #9
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Hey, that's not cool... I didn't ask for a critique from STP fans. It's mine and you had no right posting it anywhere else. Thanks a lot, asshole.

Oh, and I see where you posted it... Two people didn't like it and one said it wasn't that bad. And there's one on this board who liked it. So go fuck yourself, "Quetzlcoatl" (his name on the STP board).

Last edited by Hellboy : 12-02-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #10
jarofsap
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Hey, that's not cool... I didn't ask for a critique from STP fans. It's mine and you had no right posting it anywhere else. Thanks a lot, asshole.

Oh, and I see where you posted it... Two people didn't like it and one said it wasn't that bad. And there's one on this board who liked it. So go fuck yourself, "Quetzlcoatl" (his name on the STP board).
Whoa, dude, I'm sorry for offending you. That wasn't my intention. I'll try to be more sensetive from now on. In retrospect, I realize should'nt have called the song "horrible," but I honestly don't like it. It sounds like not much effort was put into it. You didn't even get some of the lyrics right. And what's this about having no right to post it? Do you have it copyrighted? Even if you do, it's not like I made money off it or anything. You have my word that I won't post any of your stuff from now on.

I have to tell you that I was surprised by your intemperate slanders towards me. I've been criticized on various occasions by posters on other boards I visit, and I know how it feels to be offended, but I never resorted to swearing.

Referring to the "one man band" link I posted....
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) That's pretty queer... LOL
It sort of hurt my feelings when you posted that reply. Were you trying to insinuate something? Although it kind of offended me, I didn't retaliate in any way. Sometimes you gotta be mature about things.

Calm down man. It's not like Down is some song you wrote. If that were the case, I wouldn't mind if you called me every word in the book, because no one should be criticized for art they created.

anyways, i'm starting to ramble. Sorry again, Hellboy.

Last edited by jarofsap : 12-03-2004 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:47 AM   #11
jarofsap
USER INFO »
.http://www.belowempty.com/forum//ind...t=0#entry15268
...........hope this link works.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #12
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Well, the title "It's So Horrible It's Funny" was what really bothered me. Not the fact that you posted it. You basically told everyone before they heard it that it was bad. Just be fair next time. And You're right, I only spent a few hours and did it out of the blue. I wasn't asking it to be compared to the original. I love STP and love that song, and I just enjoy playing it. I was just curious how it would sound acoustically. What words did I get wrong? I was reading off the lyrics to make sure I got it right... The line at the end is in the song, just hard to hear, and I sang it louder.

Try listening to the song I DID write and record. Anways, thanks for the kind words.

Later.

Edit: HA, now I'm defending Alter Bridge on that BB. Quote - "i actually thought it was alright, but dude AlterBridge, with that name i dont think your allowed to post here again anyways."

HAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Hellboy : 12-03-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:21 PM   #13
jarofsap
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Well, the title "It's So Horrible It's Funny" was what really bothered me. Not the fact that you posted it. You basically told everyone before they heard it that it was bad. Just be fair next time.
I'm really sorry. I was thinking back on this stuff earlier today, and it struck me how stupid it was of me to post your cover on that forum. I don't know what I was thinking. Apparently I wasn't thinking much at all. Me and my friends are always really sarcastic and cynical with each other, but with us it's all just good fun. I guess I need to keep in mind that not everyone is "in on the joke" or whatever.

I will be doing this for the next little while..........

Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) Edit: HA, now I'm defending Alter Bridge on that BB. Quote - "i actually thought it was alright, but dude AlterBridge, with that name i dont think your allowed to post here again anyways."

HAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah, those Below Empty posters can be kinda mean i guess, but they're really funny and clever. I like to lurk that forum just for a good laugh.

Last edited by jarofsap : 12-03-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:51 AM   #14
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jarofsap) I'm really sorry. I was thinking back on this stuff earlier today, and it struck me how stupid it was of me to post your cover on that forum. I don't know what I was thinking. Apparently I wasn't thinking much at all. Me and my friends are always really sarcastic and cynical with each other, but with us it's all just good fun. I guess I need to keep in mind that not everyone is "in on the joke" or whatever.

Hey, that's cool. That's exactly how I am with my friends... In fact, I just had some issues with that tonight (very coincidental). Some people just don't understand it. I guess I was just caught off guard by someone I didn't know ripping on something I did. Thanks man. See ya around.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:52 PM   #15
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jarofsap) Stone Temple Pilots are one of the greatest bands of all time. Just thought I'd let everyone know that.

They're alright. The songs from them that I really like are "Sex Type Thing" and "Plush".