++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
10/26/2004 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #2
Chase
USER INFO »
Alter Bridge in Anaheim

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Post your reviews here.

Well, since Alter Bridge decided not to play a San Diego show... I had to make the trek from San Diego to Anaheim... through the pouring rain. The concert itself was good. Submersed was awesome... they rocked. Donald Carpenter (the lead singer) made it a point that their band name is SUBMERSED not SUBMERGED... he was a funny guy and reminded me of a cross between Aaron Lewis of Staind and Disturbed's lead singer. I've heard a lot of bad things about Crossfade from previous reviewers, so I expected them to suck. However, they weren't bad... and they put on a good show, I thought. They had a Sevendust/Nickelback vibe with the songs that they played. Alter Bridge was amazing... and the person that made it amazing was Mark Tremonti. The man can play guitar. They played the usual set list, plus "Highway Star." Eric Friedman was brought out to jam with them on "Highway Star" and Mark called him "the little brother he never had." E-rock is my age... and could hang with the big guns on stage. I think the best songs of the evening were: "Down to Last," "Broken Wings," "Open Your Eyes," "Find the Real," and "Highway Star." "In Loving Memory" was very touching and intimate. I know I'll get criticized for this... but I've seen Creed twice and I've come to the conclusion that Scott Stapp's voice flows much better with Mark Tremonti's style... and that became evident to me after seeing Alter Bridge live. I like Myles Kennedy and he seems like the nicest guy in the world, but his voice would sometimes get a little annoying when he would belt out the highest note he could. It was so awesome seeing the guys up close and seeing Brian Marshall up there having a blast. I wanted to try and hang out with some of the Submersed guys after the show, but it was pouring rain outside and I had a long drive home. Thanks to Alter Bridge, Crossfade and Submersed for a kick ass night!

-Chase
Old 10-30-2004, 04:34 AM   #3
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Well, since Alter Bridge decided not to play a San Diego show... I had to make the trek from San Diego to Anaheim... through the pouring rain. The concert itself was good. Submersed was awesome... they rocked. Donald Carpenter (the lead singer) made it a point that their band name is SUBMERSED not SUBMERGED... he was a funny guy and reminded me of a cross between Aaron Lewis of Staind and Disturbed's lead singer. I've heard a lot of bad things about Crossfade from previous reviewers, so I expected them to suck. However, they weren't bad... and they put on a good show, I thought. They had a Sevendust/Nickelback vibe with the songs that they played. Alter Bridge was amazing... and the person that made it amazing was Mark Tremonti. The man can play guitar. They played the usual set list, plus "Highway Star." Eric Friedman was brought out to jam with them on "Highway Star" and Mark called him "the little brother he never had." E-rock is my age... and could hang with the big guns on stage. I think the best songs of the evening were: "Down to Last," "Broken Wings," "Open Your Eyes," "Find the Real," and "Highway Star." "In Loving Memory" was very touching and intimate. I know I'll get criticized for this... but I've seen Creed twice and I've come to the conclusion that Scott Stapp's voice flows much better with Mark Tremonti's style... and that became evident to me after seeing Alter Bridge live. I like Myles Kennedy and he seems like the nicest guy in the world, but his voice would sometimes get a little annoying when he would belt out the highest note he could. It was so awesome seeing the guys up close and seeing Brian Marshall up there having a blast. I wanted to try and hang out with some of the Submersed guys after the show, but it was pouring rain outside and I had a long drive home. Thanks to Alter Bridge, Crossfade and Submersed for a kick ass night!

-Chase

Mark and scott had a lot more time together, you can't expect tremonti and Myles to flow right away, give it time.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:57 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey, Chase, thanks for the review. Sounds like a great time! I have to disagree about the Myles comment, though, but it's just my opinion . I think Myles' voice works great with the way Tremonti is playing now. On a couple of songs, I love how his voice and Mark's guitar licks intertwine, almost as if they follow each other. I also tend to like higher-range voices better, so that might have something to do with it .