++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-16-2002, 11:03 AM   #1
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Growing Old Gracefully...

What does that phrase mean to you?

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-16-2002, 11:36 AM   #2
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
To be honest with you, I don't believe my mind is gonna accecpt the phrase.."Grow OLD Gracefully"..I have a Very Very young SPIRIT,and I'm young at heart...and NO I didn't say I'm not going to grow old, that would be foolish to make such a comment, unless one dies at a very unfortunate age like my Angel boy Ian at age 23, eveyone is gonna grow old.... sooooo, That is what that phrase means to me... . oopin:
Old 10-16-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Thank you so much for the viewing of the full moon GGG... where's my BB gun when I need it. LMBO!!

First I think the phrase to Hollywierd and the music industry means that at the age of 55 you have no wrinkles, no fat, & no sagging with or without the help of plastic surgery. And of course grey hair is a no-no, especially for women in Hollyweird and the music industry.

However, to me growing old gracefully means to accept that you are growing old without fighting it. On my ex-mother-in-law's 40th birthday, some ladies told her that it's time to get the hair cut and start dressing her age... meaning, cut your hair really short, get a poodle frizz perm, and wear nasty "old ladies" clothes made of scratchy polyester. Needless to say my ex-mother-in-law was horrified that her elder friend (50+) suggested such a thing.

She didn't listen to them of course. She still wears her shoulder length hair in a stylish way and wears some stylish modern looking outfits and has a few grey hairs but refuses to cover them up. She says, "I've earned every last grey hair on my head... I'm proud of them." She also has a young spirit... she get's out there with her grandkids and play on the trampoline and play tag with them, and even go bike riding with them and watch cartoons with them.

I myself feel the same way as my ex-mother-in-law. Some of my older friends say, "Oh you're still young... you'll feel differently once you get a lot older." I don't think so though. I myself am young at heart and I feel I always will be.

So that is what growing old gracfully means to me.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-16-2002, 06:53 PM   #4
allison
USER INFO »
"Don't let go of that youthful soul. Despite body and mind my youth will never die."

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 10-17-2002, 02:20 AM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
i do not know what that phrase means to me...maybe i will when i get alot older.:P
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 10-17-2002, 02:26 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, it's hard to imagine at your age. But what it means to me is that as you get older in body (aches and pains, gray hair, a few extra pounds) it doesn't mean you have to lose your youthful enthusiasm for life. People sometimes think they have to act a certain way when they reach a certain age, numbers-wise. Everyone grows up, but I for one, will never be old in spirit. It just isn't in me. I hope that explained it a little.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:51 AM   #7
souldancer
USER INFO »
...accepting the physical changes that I don't mind, like the silver strands and the laugh lines, while also struggling with the 'less acceptable' changes, such as vision (ugh). It also makes me feel like I am stripping away old veils, as a favorite notecard reads, <i>"We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."</i>--May Becker
Old 10-17-2002, 10:59 AM   #8
Aimee
USER INFO »
souldancer

You have SILVER strands? Lucky you. Mine are white. I'm not quite thirty so I still dye my hairs red, but when I'm 50, if my hairs are all white I will dye them silver. I think that's gorgeous.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:26 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Silver hair is beautiful. It's those nasty grey ones that keep popping up in the back that I hate. It would be different if they were in the front where I could see them, but those nasty buggers hide in the back so only those standing behind me can see them and comment.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-17-2002, 12:45 PM   #10
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Silver hair is beautiful. It's those nasty grey ones that keep popping up in the back that I hate. It would be different if they were in the front where I could see them, but those nasty buggers hide in the back so only those standing behind me can see them and comment.

:P Do like da commercial thingy "Only her Hairdresser knows for sure!":P
Old 10-17-2002, 12:47 PM   #11
GoodGodGirl23
USER INFO »
Come on Teri, sing along with me now... "I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair, I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair!"
Old 10-17-2002, 02:03 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by allison
<b>"Don't let go of that youthful soul. Despite body and mind my youth will never die." </b>

I was supposed to post that...

:P
Old 10-17-2002, 10:48 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by GoodGodGirl23
<b>Come on Teri, sing along with me now... "I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair, I'm gonna wash dat grey right outta my hair!" </b>
Ya know, my husband has this crazy notion that it looks good and he likes it the way it is. I'm thinking about having his eyes checked.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:54 AM   #14
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Silver hair is beautiful. It's those nasty grey ones that keep popping up in the back that I hate. &nbsp;
Did I say silver? Maybe they ARE gray - leaning towards white. They just keep coming in fast, and yeah - they are dry and holllow so they just stick out everywhere with a mind of their own.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:58 AM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, confession time here....been chemically enhancing the hue of my hair for more than a decade....Not ready to see all that white yet. It's my one nod to vanity...Alas, I have been gray since my 20s as have all my Irish aunts. Got my first gray stand at 15!