++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2003, 04:36 PM   #46
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
She dressed like a friggin duck at the Oscars 2 years ago. She is a flake. She may have talent oozing out her bill, but she is a flake. It's hard to be revealing when you're wearing a duck-suit. Ask Donald.

:lol: That was really funny!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:43 PM   #47
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix had success and positive message, yet they are generally loved...

There are people who didn't care for those bands/people as well. People have different tastes in music. I like Creed because I like them and I choose to go further into it and learn more about the band, therefore I know that Scott and the guys are awesome. People who are ignorant about Creed just talk smack about them without knowing a damn thing. I think other bands are jealous of Creed's success and if they are that insecure that they have to shoot Creed down then they are the ones with the worry of not being original. Creed doesn't bash other bands because they know they have what it takes and I respect that. Creed songs are based on personal experience, things that happened to them, how could that not be original?
Old 03-13-2003, 04:48 PM   #48
Marty
USER INFO »
To me Creed is a group of good people. Maybe they aren't Christians (if anything, Flip is the only one I would figure is), but thats not to say they are awesome? Besides its not the people that got me interested, and a fan, its the music, the lyrics and that guitar man. Damn I love that guitar. (the music Mark makes, wow)
________
Web shows

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:53 PM   #49
Agent D
USER INFO »
I agree with everything everybody has said except for Lechium.

I get really disgusted with people who bash the band for whatever reason. I don't know what pisses me off more--when people really have heard the music and don't like it or when people who have never heard Creed and bash them anyway. I just try not to argue with people about it. It frustrates me too much.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:08 PM   #50
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Just to clarify, I think I read in an interview w/Stapp that he said he would like to do a Behind the Music Part 2, or something like that, because the first one focused too much on him and not enough on the other members. Wow, that shows what a big ego he has, doesn't it??

Arguing or debating with Lechium is pointless, and will only serve to get you guys stressed out. Hopefully he will take his negativity elsewhere and leave us alone! I'm still trying to figure out why, if he doesn't like Creed, he came to a Creed message board, other than to see if he could get a rise out of us, which he has. Ignore him, and when he sees that he's not getting a reaction anymore, hopefully he'll go away. He's like the bully that picks on the same kid because he knows he'll get a reaction. How childish! PEACE...

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 03-13-2003, 05:26 PM   #51
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
*Agrees with Kim!!!!*
Old 03-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #52
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Supposedly he is outta here, I am skeptical, but we can hope so.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:50 PM   #53
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
yeah i listened to an interview and he said that they would do another one

(and it's not like Stapp directed the Behind the Music, it's VH1 that made it, so don't blame him)
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 03-13-2003, 05:52 PM   #54
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I was talking about Lechium in my last post, just so there is no confusion.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:37 PM   #55
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Do you hear yourself?  The reasons you like Bjork is the reasons we like Stapp, so lay off!!!  To me he is different, and not afraid to be himself, and has an excellent voice!!!!!!! No matter what anyone says about Stapp it will never change my mind about him, he draws me in like a magnet!  I have almost an identical childhood as him, I relate to him like no other musician ever!  So go on and like Bjork, that is your right, and us Stapp lover's will continue as well!

No other singer draws me in like Scott does either, Jen. My childhood wasn't like his but I've had to work through some issues in my life and I can relate to his lyrics like no other songwriter I've every listened to. So many times, I'll listen to one of their songs and it's exactly the way I'm feeling. There are a few songs that I think, "did he write that about me?" (just joking, of course). Creed will always be special to me.

Relearn Love
Old 03-13-2003, 08:36 PM   #56
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Exactly!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #57
creedchick02
USER INFO »
I don't care or give a rats ass what anybody thinks of CREED, LOVE them, hate them~~~~~~~~~don't matter to me, I will always love them :P
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 03-13-2003, 08:50 PM   #58
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by DangerousDan85
yeah i listened to an interview and he said that they would do another one

(and it's not like Stapp directed the Behind the Music, it's VH1 that made it, so don't blame him)
Exactly what Dan said, the band just does the interview. Whatever or however VH1 chooses to edit the piece and air the final project is not at all accepted or rejected by the band. It's not Scott's fault the show seemed to be filmed around him, it's the way VH1 made it.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Right on, creedchick!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:31 PM   #60
Rune
USER INFO »
It occurs to me that if you ever maturely and realistically confront someone bashing creed, most of the time it boils down to one of two things: 1) They have never really given creed a listen and just went off what their friends have said, or 2) they have heard only Higher and/or With Arms Wide Open, and judge Creed souly on those two songs. Now, personally i love both of those songs to death, just recently i've been really getting into WAWO, but a lot of people these days, especially the mid 20 group down to early teen are more partial to hard rock, rap, and metal, so when they hear just Higher and WAWO and it isn't what they like, the figure all of creed's music is like that and that they suck.

As for the PJ comparison, i try and look at it like this: If a PJ song comes on the radio, you know it's PJ and not Creed, likewise if Creed comes on the radio, you know it's not PJ. Anyone who thinks Creed and Pearl Jam sound alike need to be fitted for a hearing aide, there is a vast difference (also, not to bash PJ, but last time i checked, they weren't doing 1/4 as well as creed is)

The thing that has always been bizarre to me is the Christian Rock schtick. Now, the reason this is confusing, is because in all of the songs where any mention of God or anything holy is mentioned, it is always indirect or vivid. A christian rock band would be trying to convert you to christianity. I think the major problem here is that people confuse Christian Rock with Spiritual Lyrics. I mean, my second favorite band is Disturbed. If you read through their lyrics on their new album, they have mentions of god and all that DIRECTLY in all their songs, and yet they are not considered a Christian Metal Band? Strange....i think it also stems off of how successful creed is and how harsh the critics want to be to classify them.

With Scott's ego, i don't know why people take it so personally. He is the front man in a band that has sold over 23 million albums in the US alone, and i think with that comes the guy's due for a little bit of confidence. People who are too short sighted are quick to over look that and call confidence arrogance, but it all depends on the point of view.

The way i look at Creed in the past, now, and for the rest of the future is simply this: They have written songs that have been able to touch me and react with me in a way that no band ever has before, plain and simple. I would give an arm and a leg to meet these guys, jam with them, see them in concert, you name it. They are all VERY, VERY talented musicians and have an, to me, inconceivable songwriting ability between them. Irregardless of what anyone says or does, there is absolutely no way that they any group, person, or anyone else could ever dissuade me from that fact. People just don't seem to respect the fact that everyone has the right to choose whatever they want to listen to. People as a whole seem to think that if someone listens to music that they don't necessarily like, then the band sucks and the person is foolish. EVERYONE is entitled to listen to anything they want if they enjoy it, plain and simple. No one has the right to belittle them for that or try to stop them. Every time someone comes up to me and asks me what type of music i listen to, i say Creed without hesitation. Why? Because quite frankly, i don't give a horses A** what anyone has to say about what i listen to. All that is important is that I enjoy it, why should i care if someone else agrees with me? The point is if you enjoy Creed, that is where the buck stops. You enjoy it, if you find someone to share that with, than that's awesome, but other than that, it is your choice and your choice alone, do not EVER let ANYONE tell you what you should or should not listen to if it means a lot to you, and don't EVER let it go.

My two cents...