++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #16
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The cheapest in Philly is about $1.71 for the low-grade stuff. It's been going up every week.

Same here in Orange County. It's going up, just about every week.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:47 PM   #17
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Here in Southern New Jersey, where there is NO self-service, gas is around $1.57 for a gallon of regular. Go figure.

Every gas station here is self-serve. The $1.99 I paid was for the mid-level - I have to look for 89 - that's all I know.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #18
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Here in CT, it's averaging between $1.80 - $1.99 depending where you go. The last time I got gas it was $1.83 for a gallon of mid-level. Those prices are self-serve too. There aren't a lot of gas stations that pump the gas for you around here anymore.

Relearn Love
Old 03-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #19
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sheila63) Here in CT, it's averaging between $1.80 - $1.99 depending where you go. The last time I got gas it was $1.83 for a gallon of mid-level. Those prices are self-serve too. There aren't a lot of gas stations that pump the gas for you around here anymore.

I don't see the point of someone pumping the gas for you. I rather save a few cents by pumping the gas myself.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:52 PM   #20
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I don't see the point of someone pumping the gas for you. I rather save a few cents by pumping the gas myself.

Me too. But we had a pretty bad January and February, as far as weather goes. I really don't enjoy standing there when it's cold. It feels like it takes my car forever to fill up.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:03 PM   #21
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I don't see the point of someone pumping the gas for you. I rather save a few cents by pumping the gas myself.

I used to think the same thing, but when you have kids, and you have to get 2 of them out of carseats just to go in and pay for your $20 in gas, someone pumping it comes in handy, it eliminates an entire ordeal. I also love the "Pay at the Pump" option.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:01 PM   #22
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) That's kinda funny!!! The cheapest I ever remember gas being in my lifetime was .67/gallon!! Too weird. I saw gas by my house yesterday for 1.47, I just wonder when it will jump...probably Thursday, as usual!!!
yeah
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 03-16-2004, 11:19 PM   #23
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Ok, so I lied...on my way to work this morning, I saw gas for 1.47, then low and behold, on my way home from work, it was up to 1.79!!!! Should have figured, it didn't go up last Thursday, so it had to go up sometime!! Thankfully I live pretty close to work and I don't have much of a life, so gas prices really don't affect me too much!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed
Old 03-16-2004, 11:20 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Here in good old New Jersey, there is no self-service. If I'm not mistaken, either we are the only state in the union or there is one other state that is not self-service. The weird thing is, our gas is relatively cheap compared to other states where you have to pump yourself. You'd think having to pay someone to pump your gas would jack the price up but that's not the case here. Weird.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-17-2004, 07:31 AM   #25
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by luvscott4ever) OkThankfully I live pretty close to work and I don't have much of a life, so gas prices really don't affect me too much!!
I live in my car. Between taking my daughter to school, taking her to gymnastics and to dance, I'm all over. And it all doubles in September when my younger daughter starts everything. And then of course there are the supermarket trips, the BJ's Club trips. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #26
Lissa
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I paid $2.00 a gallon for gas today. Every week it has just been going up and up.

What is it like in other parts of the country? (I'm on the east coast - eastern Long Island)

I just bought gas this morning... you'll pay about $1.69 in Northeast OH... and I can remember when 99 cents was expensive.... UGH! I'd jump for joy now
Old 03-17-2004, 11:13 AM   #27
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Here in good old New Jersey, there is no self-service. If I'm not mistaken, either we are the only state in the union or there is one other state that is not self-service. The weird thing is, our gas is relatively cheap compared to other states where you have to pump yourself. You'd think having to pay someone to pump your gas would jack the price up but that's not the case here. Weird.

Yeah, you would think it would be more expensive. Doesn't make sense to me either, Teri.

Relearn Love
Old 03-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #28
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Here in good old New Jersey, there is no self-service. If I'm not mistaken, either we are the only state in the union or there is one other state that is not self-service. The weird thing is, our gas is relatively cheap compared to other states where you have to pump yourself. You'd think having to pay someone to pump your gas would jack the price up but that's not the case here. Weird.

There are very few stations here that offer full service. I wouldnt mind paying extra if the person that came out was an ACE certified mechanic... not some white guy with dreadlocks thats been doing pot shots in the back. Which reminds me, I need an oil change.

Unless I missed something, the highest rate mentioned here would be at around 2.00. Last year in London, the price of gas rose up to 8.00 pounds. you want to know how many american dollars 8 pounds would be? Simple, take the amount in pounds - and double it. Thats would be the approximate amount in USD. Now dont we feel lucky?
Old 03-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #29
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
The only gas I have to worry about is this

alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 03-18-2004, 02:45 PM   #30
luvscott4ever
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) The only gas I have to worry about is this

LMAO @ Julie!!! That's hilarious!!

I'll give you everything I am, And still fall short of what you've done for me..Creed (what I would say to Creed, if given a chance)

Is she not right? Is she insane?..(They must be singing about me!! lol) Disturbed