++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #16
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) I'm not sure they would kick is butt, but sure - there's very many out there who are as good as Mark, and even a few who are better!!

A few? no offense to Mark but i bet there are hundreds of guitarists better than him right now. He is still badass none the less.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:17 PM   #17
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I could... but i don't want to
I'd rather play his solos my own way...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-10-2004, 09:21 AM   #18
meemawuk
USER INFO »
I felt the need to register just so i could post here. First of all dont get me wrong here as I completely respect the fact that tremonti is an good guitar player and absolutely superb song writer. However, hes not actually that great a guitarist, and certainly isnt particularly fast . Listen to the solo on open your eyes. when hes shredding he doesnt get clear note definition. about 3.37 secs where he starts picking very fast he diguises it with wah. Theres just something not right with his note fretting and picking timing. So as far as being an awesome guitarist is concerned, although hes good im not all that convinced. BUT!!!!!! tremonti's huge strenth is his song writing ability. Theres not really a memorable, fantastic solo on any creed album but the songs are mindblowing and creed are 1 of my all time favourtite bands. If u want real speed watch some Michael Angelo... but does Angelo have the song writing ability of tremonti?? NO!

p.s. not bashing open your eyes solo because i love it, it was the best example i could think of.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #19
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
in some respects i totally agree with you... Mark's Technique isn't the strongest, but it's come a very long way. You can see the great potential that he has to get better... and i think that that's what makes Alter Bridge Great... Their potential to get better. They're amazing as is. But think about Myles getting more involved in the Guitar aspect. we could be hearing some truely AMAZING twin guitar stuff on the next album. Also, if you look at some of the best and well-known guitarists out there. they really don't have the greatest technique ever... Jimmy page, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray, Kirk Hammet. None of those guys have the Greatest Technigue. if you look at guys that have Super Fantastic Technique Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Michael angelo, Paul Gilbert, yngwie malmsteen... etc etc... NO ONE KNOWS THEM! (at least outside of the Guitar Magazine Circuit)

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #20
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I know Yngwe Malmsten, 'cause he's swedish!

And yes, they are already awesome, but could get better. When I talked to Myles in London he said he hasn't been taking any lessions for singing.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-10-2004, 03:54 PM   #21
meemawuk
USER INFO »
hmm i honestly dont know if more soloing, faster guitaring and twin guitar work would make AB better?? i think it would take away from their edge. and yes myles has an unbelieveable voice wow but y is it that singers in God rock bands always think theyre gonna change the whole world. I assume most ppl like myself do music to make themselves happy, not any1 else but if other ppl like it and it makes them happy tahts just a bonus.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:25 PM   #22
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by meemawuk) but y is it that singers in God rock bands always think theyre gonna change the whole world. I assume most ppl like myself do music to make themselves happy, not any1 else but if other ppl like it and it makes them happy tahts just a bonus.
Where The Hell is this coming From?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #23
meemawuk
USER INFO »
mainly my ass. and i meant vocalsits. i seen it in an interview with myles somewhere. total guitar magazine maybe. or could have even been 1 of the quiestions about his writing on the questions on the AB website. im not sure. but he said something about not wanting the chicks and rock life "i just wanna make ppl happy" or words to that effect.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:44 PM   #24
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
I don't think Myles is that kind of singer... the Political agenda singer... he just wants to play music... Talk about Stapp or Bono... Don't slump Myles into that group man...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 10-10-2004, 09:46 PM   #25
meemawuk
USER INFO »
hey dont shoot the messenger. only said what i read. no dumping going on here.