++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 05-01-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Depression

I dont really know who to talk to about this, and even though I dont know any of you personally... I feel comfortable with what I am trying to say...

I can never find fun in anything anymore...
I dont know what it is, but everything seems boring.
I constantly think about things I dont have rather than concentrating on things I do...
I have sunk so far into depression that I have become violent
It has even got to the point where I pushed someone who I truly love, for hardly any reason at all
I seem to have no enemy, or at least not that I know of
For some reason, when I try to talk to people, I cant explain my feelings
Sometimes I want to goto a Anger Management class, or a psyhc ward
Sometimes I dont...
I have never been "Suicidal" but I dont fear death either, if it is my time to go, then it is.

I needed to get that off my chest, and if anyone who has been through this can talk to me about it, that would be great...

Please sign up and make a man feel good
Old 05-01-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
That sucks LOM I'm very sorry that you are going through this stuff I to have been through all of this. All through high school I was sad and angry at everyone all the time. I came home everyday from school after being teased and picked on all day and I couldn't do anything to fight back at school so I took it out on my family I constantly fought with my Mom and my siblings just because I had all that anger bottled up inside. I'm not sure what advice to give but just try to find out why you are so sad and just try to find out what you can do to get better
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-01-2003, 05:19 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I am sorry you are feeling that way LOM. I have been depressed before as well. Sometimes when you try to take it all on yourself, such as keeping it locked inside it can really eat away at you. No matter how scared you are to explain what you are going through to someone you care about, it is very important that you do so. Believe me, just sharing your feelings will make you feel TONS better. If you have someone who can point out the good in what's going on it will make you feel like there is hope because when you are depressed you cannot find the good in anything. I think it's great that you feel open enough with those of us on the board that you can share this with us. That is a GREAT start, atleast you know you need some advice and help. Most people who are depressed shut EVERYBODY out and that makes it really hard. The key to keeping your anger in check is to realize first that everybody gets upset sometimes, and that it would be unhealthy to NEVER let it out, so don't scold yourself if you slip up sometimes, but remember this, for example, I cuss like a sailor sometimes, and for some reason when I get around my grandmother, I just stop, it's like I know I cannot dare cuss around her, but yet around anyone else, it flows out of my mouth like a river and I know I shoud not cuss in front of my kids because I don't want them to do it, but I had to determine where that line was drawn, I knew I couldn't cuss around my grandmother, so I didn't, and I needed to draw that line to know not to cuss around my kids. It would work the same way with your anger. Realize that if something annoys you enough to make you mad, that you can walk away, or leave the place you are at. Try to count to ten before you react so you don't go overboard. Realize that you can talk and make so much more sense then if you push or fight with someone. You will resolve your differences instead of making them worse. The part about being bored with everything, it seems you are understimulated. I know that it's hard as a kid to want things and not be able to have them and it means a lot to a teenager to have those things, but maybe you could think of ways to make things cooler. Try to enhance the things you do have. For instance I have a Hope Chest that my grandfather made for me, but I hate the paint job, I saw a beautiful one that I would love to have at Pottery Barn, but it's 300.00, then I realized all of the sentiment I would lose by getting rid of the one my grandfather made, after all, it is a Hope Chest and it holds all the things dear to me, so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought this really neat Stone Paint and it looks so neat now, I like the one that I have, more then the one that I wanted. Maybe you could sit down a make a list of the things that you have and the things that you want and compare the two. Figure out how to make them better, and also make a list of things you would like to do this summer and work towards making them happen. That may help as well. Sorry this is so long winded, just trying to help. If you ever need to talk or anything, just email me at [email protected]
Old 05-01-2003, 05:45 PM   #4
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
I agree with everything everyone said before me, so first off, know that you are not alone, that's important cause depression is a very lonely thing...
Don't want to bore you but I too, have dealt with depression since I was a teen, it's bad nasty shit. Always have wonder when I finally do lose it if a psych ward won't be a nice little vacation..lol.
So here are my tips of getting through...
#1 Laugh, find something funny even if it seems impossiable...laugh at yourself just laugh...
#2 Support...and you have that here...also maybe try to find someone you can talk to in person...
#3 Know you have nothing to be ashamed of..sometimes there are things we just can't help
#4 If it gets worse like you do start to feel suicidal..(been there)..get some help..meds do work
If you ever want to or need to talk to someone who is nutter than you :lol: ..I would be happy to talk to you... [email protected]...take care.
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 05-01-2003, 05:48 PM   #5
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
Thanks That did help... but I tend to get frustrated really easy... which is why I have considered going to Anger Management courses. Even though I am only 15, it would be good to get it taken care of asap. Also, I think a lot of my depression comes from the lack of freedom my parents give me, and the isolation I have from living in the country... I'll try and take the advice you two gave, hopefully I will be feeling better soon...

Old 05-01-2003, 05:57 PM   #6
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by goddess_bb
I agree with everything everyone said before me, so first off, know that you are not alone, that's important cause depression is a very lonely thing...
 Don't want to bore you but I too, have dealt with depression since I was a teen, it's bad nasty shit. Always have wonder when I finally do lose it if a psych ward won't be a nice little vacation..lol.
So here are my tips of getting through...
   #1 Laugh, find something funny even if it seems impossiable...laugh at yourself just laugh...
   #2 Support...and you have that here...also maybe try to find someone you can talk to in person...
   #3 Know you have nothing to be ashamed of..sometimes there are things we just can't help
   #4 If it gets worse like you do start to feel suicidal..(been there)..get some help..meds do work
   If you ever want to or need to talk to someone who is nutter than you :lol: ..I would be happy to talk to you... [email protected]...take care.
Nutter than me!?! I think not!

Old 05-01-2003, 06:00 PM   #7
marlsy
USER INFO »
I also have dealt with depression all my life, starting as a teen. I finally got some help when I was 25!!! I'm on a anti depressant and it has really saved my life. Without it, I am moody, short tempered and when I lose my temper I throw things and I've even hit my husband. On meds these things are gone!! I feel normal!! Being a teen is so hard just by itself, with depression it can seem unbearable. I really think you should try and get some help, weather it's a counselor or someone to let off steam too. Hey we are always here to listen and to try and help!! Just know you are NOT alone in this!!!!! Just read my sig and try and follow it!!!!! We are here for you!! Email me anytime if ya need to vent!!! [email protected]
Old 05-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #8
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I just had post pardom depression after my second child. I just felt like I couldn't handle it all, but when he was about 6 months old, I got over it. I am glad it didn't get worse, but they say it's common for mother's to do that so I think that helped me deal with it. Marlsy is right, being a teenager is hard enough, I can only imagine being depressed as well. I hope all works out for you and remember we are here if you need us.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:18 PM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I'm so sorry you're having a hard time, LOM. I totally agree with what everyone else has said. I just wanted to share that I also have had my share of depression. It started when I was a teenager as well and I can understand the feelings of isolation you're talking about because I felt the same way. Like marlsy, I got some help and it has made a big difference. If you can find someone supportive to talk to, like Carrie said, I think that would be wonderful for you too. Please remember we're here for you. Feel free to pm me at any time or email me at [email protected]. Take care of yourself.

Relearn Love
Old 05-01-2003, 07:23 PM   #10
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
Thank you everyone for your support, you have helped get me through the day, but I may need medication to get me through the rest of them.

Old 05-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
You are very welcome! I think that you are on the right track. Can I ask, what the rules are that your parents have set forth for you? If you don't mind my asking. I may be able to offer some suggestions.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:05 PM   #12
Weathered
USER INFO »
im also kinda depressed right now.....not too much though......just a normal teen thing i guess.......mainly from girls haha .....but LOM i hope the best for you......just know you can talk to us here at the board for advice/help
Old 05-01-2003, 11:19 PM   #13
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
I talked to my mom, I might see a shrink, I am still deciding if I should or not...

Old 05-01-2003, 11:28 PM   #14
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
LOM,
I don't know about you but for me the hardest part is asking for help or admiting something is wrong but then again I'm a nutcase..:lol: sooo.. good for you talking to your mom...
Have you ever tried writting...when ever I am truly down in the pit as I like to call it I write, kind-a like free verse poems, it is an outlet that releases all the blackness/anger inside, out. Sometimes I scare myself with the sh*t I write but it is better to have it out than inside and then I always have something to build a fire with..hehe. Trust me try it, it's not like you have to show it to anyone unless you want to.....
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 05-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #15
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
I have written poetry and lyrics, yes... and I have shared them... but that doesn't mean they dont SUCK!