++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Political Banter
Today's Posts «

Old 03-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Being gay no grounds for asylum in Holland

American immigration and asylum laws would most likely admit people in this situation. I'm surprised that the Dutch sit on the opposite side of this issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...4/ixworld.html
Old 03-08-2006, 04:45 AM   #2
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Re: Being gay no grounds for asylum in Holland

Well our secretary for these issues Rita Verdonk is a bit coocoo lately.

Not only she wants to send gays back to Iran, but also Christians.

And that to a state were gay sex could be punished with the death penalty and outspoken Christianity is also a very dangerous thing.

Luckily there was lots of political debate lately, due to yesterday's national city council elections and the spokesmen and -women of most if not all parties, even the one that Verdonk herself is a member of, told outloud that it was out of the question that gays would be send back to Iran.

Although Verdonk's party the VVD is a party I have often given my vote too, including the last general elections (for the well known Ayaan Hirsi Ali), I think she has gone totally over the edge in her treatment of naturalisations, immigrations and asylumseekers, but just as all other governing parties they suffered a great loss at yesterday's elections.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Well our secretary for these issues Rita Verdonk is a bit coocoo lately.

Not only she wants to send gays back to Iran, but also Christians.

And that to a state were gay sex could be punished with the death penalty and outspoken Christianity is also a very dangerous thing.

Luckily there was lots of political debate lately, due to yesterday's national city council elections and the spokesmen and -women of most if not all parties, even the one that Verdonk herself is a member of, told outloud that it was out of the question that gays would be send back to Iran.

Although Verdonk's party the VVD is a party I have often given my vote too, including the last general elections (for the well known Ayaan Hirsi Ali), I think she has gone totally over the edge in her treatment of naturalisations, immigrations and asylumseekers, but just as all other governing parties they suffered a great loss at yesterday's elections.

If I'm not mistaken, there are international asylee laws that state that if anyone is fleeing their country of origin due to credible fear of persecution or death (among other things), they are eligible for asylum.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

^
Despite all the absurd involved in this situation I find amazing Chase's effort in find something shameful in Holland social rights...just to prove that US isnt alone in this issue..

Anyway, good job honey!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-08-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ^
Despite all the absurd involved in this situation I find amazing Chase's effort in find something shameful in Holland social rights...just to prove that US isnt alone in this issue..

Anyway, good job honey!

You can't deny someone asylum because they're gay or of a specific ethnicity. America takes asylee cases pretty seriously and often times.

It's not like I dislike the Dutch... but since people dedicate so many posts to why they think the U.S. is wrong... I felt it necessary to present new stories about other nations.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:40 AM   #6
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) You can't deny someone asylum because they're gay or of a specific ethnicity. America takes asylee cases pretty seriously and often times.

It's not like I dislike the Dutch... but since people dedicate so many posts to why they think the U.S. is wrong... I felt it necessary to present new stories about other nations.

Well...I agree with you.

But anyway..I wasx right....
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-09-2006, 04:29 AM   #7
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) If I'm not mistaken, there are international asylee laws that state that if anyone is fleeing their country of origin due to credible fear of persecution or death (among other things), they are eligible for asylum.

Well Verdonk's point was that you cannot just claim asylum, because you are gay. As long as you refrain from having gay sex, you are not in any danger in Iran, she stated. Her viewpoint is very alike that of the religious right in the USA, who have nothing against homosexuals as long as they don't act on their feelings.

Ofcourse I totally disagree with her.

Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 AM   #8
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) It's not like I dislike the Dutch... but since people dedicate so many posts to why they think the U.S. is wrong... I felt it necessary to present new stories about other nations.

I do not deny that The Netherlands are far from perfect, but most of our issues are domestic ones or at least not of much meaning on a worldwide level. What the USA does, right or wrong, is on a global scale as they are the only remaining superpower. And especially if the actions of the USA involve going to war far from home for dubious reasons, you cannot expect the rest of the world to turn a blind eye. We have a saying here in Holland: "High trees catch a lot of wind".

Btw you are a true Republican with your tactics of attacking the enemy instead of adressing the issues on hand and no, I have not been captain of a swift boat.

Last edited by RalphyS : 03-09-2006 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #9
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) I do not deny that The Netherlands are far from perfect, but most of our issues are domestic ones or at least not of much meaning on a worldwide level. What the USA does, right or wrong, is on a global scale as they are the only remaining superpower. And especially if the actions of the USA involve going to war far from home for dubious reasons, you cannot expect the rest of the world to turn a blind eye. We have a saying here in Holland: "High trees catch a lot of wind".

Btw you are a true Republican with your tactics of attacking the enemy instead of adressing the issues on hand and no, I have not been captain of a swift boat.

Dubious or not... a lot of countries felt that Saddam's weapons program was a threat. It wasn't just the United States. If I'm not mistaken, your own country also participated in the alliance against Saddam Hussein. What I don't understand is how so many countries came to the conclusion that it was worth their own time and money to go into Iraq... while people like yourself claim that it was a war based on lies. If anything, it was a war based on a consensus of faulty intelligence. I seriously doubt that nations like South Korea, Italy, and Poland are governed by liars.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) I do not deny that The Netherlands are far from perfect, but most of our issues are domestic ones or at least not of much meaning on a worldwide level. What the USA does, right or wrong, is on a global scale as they are the only remaining superpower. And especially if the actions of the USA involve going to war far from home for dubious reasons, you cannot expect the rest of the world to turn a blind eye. We have a saying here in Holland: "High trees catch a lot of wind".
I'm glad you realize we're not the only shitty country out there lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Btw you are a true Republican with your tactics of attacking the enemy instead of adressing the issues on hand and no, I have not been captain of a swift boat.
that's a two-way street in American politics, fella. Repubs aren't the only ones who verbally attack their opponents. Dems do just as well.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I'm glad you realize we're not the only shitty country out there lol

that's a two-way street in American politics, fella. Repubs aren't the only ones who verbally attack their opponents. Dems do just as well.

The Dems were far worse than the Republicans in the past election... and that negativity turned out work against them.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »

<~~ ay, that's very true. i was clarifying for ralphy that republicans aren't the only party guilty of it.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #13
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Dubious or not... a lot of countries felt that Saddam's weapons program was a threat. It wasn't just the United States. If I'm not mistaken, your own country also participated in the alliance against Saddam Hussein. What I don't understand is how so many countries came to the conclusion that it was worth their own time and money to go into Iraq...while people like yourself claim that it was a war based on lies. If anything, it was a war based on a consensus of faulty intelligence.I seriously doubt that nations like South Korea, Italy, and Poland are governed by liars.

Doubts??

Anyway Im reposting this link...
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/03/14...nts/index.html
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 03-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #14
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Well Verdonk's point was that you cannot just claim asylum, because you are gay. As long as you refrain from having gay sex, you are not in any danger in Iran, she stated. Her viewpoint is very alike that of the religious right in the USA, who have nothing against homosexuals as long as they don't act on their feelings.

Ofcourse I totally disagree with her.

Pretending that they dont existe ...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-11-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:02 AM   #15
Chase
USER INFO »

Again Ana... if you're going to accuse my nation of being liars... then you might as well as accuse the entire coalition for concluding that Saddam Hussein was a threat. One thing is certain... Saddam Hussein is guilty of MULTIPLE human rights violations and genocide. Go defend that and see how far that gets you.