++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-26-2003, 08:34 AM   #76
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Wadrick
<b>you said "You sound so sure that what you think is right. Not a tiniest shadow of a doubt..."

there is not shadow of a doubt.

okay, conversation over. I am wasting my time over someone who has not bee choen ot believe. I don't fell sorry for you. I feel sorry that you have been blinded from the truth, and that you will spend eternity in hell, regardless of what you think or not.

you said "I dont think I'm going to hell, and that's all there is to it. " Well, I bet that all those people who get who get murdered and raped, wanted it to happen either. That is not all there is to it. you do not have control over what is going to happen. </b>

If he was not chosen to believe... how is God justified in sending him to hell? And if he was not chosen... how do you not feel sorry for him, it's not like he had a say in the matter.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:52 AM   #77
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
hold on...

...are you serious, or just playing devil's advocate? Cause I spent all last night seaching for answers in the Bible, and have found several verses that totaly destroy what you think to be true.

But until I post them (I am not done), do you really think that?

You are having a religion/philosophy major right?
Old 05-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #78
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
Here is my answer(s) to your question.

God is justified in sending him to hell because...

• Romans 8:18, ”So then He [God] has mercy on whom He has mercy, and He hardens whom He hardens.”
• Romans 9:19- “You will say to me then, ‘Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?’ On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the Molder, ‘Why did you make me like this,’ will it? Or does not he Potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience for destruction? And He did so make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which he prepared beforehand for glory, even us whom He also called…”

I think that the apart about the Potter and the clay is clear as to what this discussion is about. God, who is pictured as the potter, has control, power, dominion, whatever you want to call it, over us humans, pictured as the clay. But if you for some odd reason need more proof that you statement “-“ is very inaccurate, and far from the truth, here are some more:

• 1 Samuel 2:6, “The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol (Hell) and raises up.”
• Luke 12:5, “But I will warn you whom to fear; fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell, yes, I tell you, fear Him!”

Wow, what further proof do you need?? But alas, here is one more!

• Revelation 20: 15, “And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire (Hell).

I hope that all that makes sense.

I feel sorry for him because it is sad that he has been shown the truth, and still does not believe. But you are kind of right. Man does not have free will. Every man is predestined to be chosen to believe or to not believe. But when God chose who would believe at the beginning of time. I guess that we still have to believe "on our own" ina sense, but not all by ourselves. God already knows wether or not we will believe, and I guess that He makes it that way so that we can know wether we believe or not.

Does all thae make sense?

I seriously hope that you don't think that God does not have authority and is not justified to send people to hell.

I am going ot send this to you in a P.M. just to make sure that you get it.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #79
Lechium
USER INFO »
Wadrick youre wrong at the core.

You take Bible as an absolute truth. It was written by people so it can be, but likely it's wrong in places or maybe as a whole. And dont try to use quotes from Bible to prove that book true cuz it doesnt work that way.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #80
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Just because you do not believe in it doesn't mean its not true
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-03-2003, 03:24 AM   #81
Lechium
USER INFO »
And just because you choos to belive in it doesnt make it true lol
Old 05-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #82
The Lithium
USER INFO »
For her it is....

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 05-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #83
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
It is truth to me just as not believing is truth for you
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-05-2003, 01:15 PM   #84
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
lechium, the bible has never been disproven by anything throughout the ages - in the histoy of ever.

What the hell does that mean? It was written by people who have been inspired by God, and therefore it is the word of God. The bible was written by several people in a sense, but it all ame from God. You cannot say that that bible is untrue because nothing has disproven it. every scientific discovery instead proves it to be true.

B.S. It does work that way. You use verses to show people the truth that the bible has in it. is you being a buddhist, whant to convert someone, how the hell are you goin to convert him if you don't share with thim what that religion has to say? That is me, sharing verses.

What you say, makes no sense. The Bible does not contradict itself at all in the least. and people who think that it does, need to go study it before you produce some terrible charge against it thjat doesn't even hold water. people who think that the bible contradicts itself don't know what the bible says in the least. if the did know what the bible says, then they would know, that is is the absolute truth.

Give me just one, only one example where the bible truly contradicts itself. If I can't refute it, then f me.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:25 PM   #85
Lechium
USER INFO »
It was never proven either.
Give me proof of 7 day creation. There you go. And proof that it really was insired by God? Bible does lay down some historic facts, yeah, but spiritual talk there cannot be proven, so dont talk abotu it like it's a fact.

p.s. I'm not a buddist, I just like that religion a lot.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:15 PM   #86
Wadrick
USER INFO »
Currently:
My mistake. In all of our other conversations you made yourself look like to me to be a Buddhist.

I said give me one example of where the Bible Contradicts itself.

The bible was created in 6 days actually. God rested on the seventh day, which is why the jews have the sabbath which is a day to rest after all the weeks work.

I can't prove the the world was created in 6 days scientifically, no one can. But the bible says that it was, so thereofre it was.

II Timothy - "All Scripture is inspired by Godand profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness..."

There you go, but you won't believe that because, "just because the bible says so, doesn't make it so "

But ou should believe it because it is true.

Now, that you could not follow my directions which was to give me an examle of where the bible contradicts itself, and instead gave a me fact to scientifically prove, lets do it over.

Show me where an instance is where the Bible contradicts itself.
Is that eas enough??
Old 05-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #87
Lechium
USER INFO »
Bible just makes a lot of outrageous claims, and yeah you cannot disprove them, but you cannot prove them either.

Here's my claim: I am a son of God. This post was inspired by God himself.

Can you prove this statement wrong? Hardly. And Hey just like Bible I say it is inpsired by God, so it's gotta be true!
lol
Old 05-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #88
orlando
USER INFO »
:lol: good one Lechium

IN THE CELEBRATION OF LOVE

TAKE LOVE BY THE HAND

AND FLY WAY TO THE PROMISE LAND

Old 05-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #89
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »