++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2004, 04:16 AM   #16
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Marcos, I totally understand where you're coming from. And I completely agree that this topic of "Oh my God! Why is our favorite band breaking up? What's going to happen now?" stuff is getting really old.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 01-10-2004, 11:18 AM   #17
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes Colin, we understand that, but aside from the breakup talk, what some of us are trying to say is that Marcos isn't just acting like the breakup talk is getting old, his attitude toward most of us has really seemed to change, for the worst. It's really starting to hurt some feelings.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
oops! I became Scott Stapp! lol! never thought a thread would be about me...

I dunno if I really suck at expressing thoughts, or if you a few people are having trouble understanding what I meant.

For example, on this thread, Colin was the only one who got it.

Since the news were posted at the pit, we talked in a 1000 threads nothing was official. Our only source was Michael. Now why to ask this question, on the very first post of this thread again???

Getting facts straight:

1- Creed is done.
2- Creed is done, but not forever. They just extended their break.
3- Mark has a project along Flip and Brian.
4- Stapp has a project we don't know about it yet.

That's it. Believe me, it hurts me big time to see this happening to my all-time fav band. But we gotta move on, life goes on. I don't like to see people using pink-glasses or in denial about this subject.

But if we keep looking at and thinking about the past, we won't be able to see what's coming in the future. What's done is done. We should leave past behind us, not ahead, and prepare for what's next.

Now, geez... I strongly believe in the paragraph above. I can't understand, if you excuse me, why people don't wanna believe Michael, part because he didn't post here, but on the pit and part because Stapp is the most liked, among other reasons. And you know there are bickering between all creed boards, specially the pit.

Just because I collected a bunch of quotes and made fun of them and the situation, never at the people who posted them, is no reason for all of you to become agressive to me. I don't think I changed... except for my user name, but that is nobody's fault...

And to those who said I'm cocky and acting like I know more than the rest, I never meant to. All I did was gathering Michael's posts around www and using them in my posts. I always posted "Michael said...Mark's brother posted...etc", not "I know, you don't know... This happened...that didn't happen".

But sorry if I expressed wrong and if you didn't see that.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:24 PM   #19
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
and yep... I do think the break-up talk is old... we could direct our typing efforts for something else: that Ode thread, finding the meaning of the crest, the hidden stuff. There's a lot of cool stuff for us creed freaks to talk about.

And, IMHO, although I couldn't think that at first, I feel the solo projects may come for the good of Creed, specially if they explore different sounds to their best, learn with what comes up good and bad, and them jam of it into Creed's 4th album, that I do believe will come up.

Plus we also have the compilation coming out... maybe b-sides we never heard before and this so called "unrecorded song".

And one more request of mine: don't talk about me, talk to me. If I'm bugging you, let me know... why don't you just PM me?

if everybody did that (instead of talking about, to talk to) the world wouldn't be so messed up.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:56 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Marcos, people were responding to your attitude change that has come through on the board, so they addressed you directly in this thread. Frankly, I agree with them. The change started after you joined the always contentious Pit. I think you have picked up some of their bad habits. I don't think people are misunderstanding you at all. You have a good command of the language and have had no problem expressing your opinion. Your attitude change has come in loud and clear.

You're entitled to your opinion about Creed's supposed breakup, but so are the people who are having a hard time with it. And if you think it's getting old, you don't have to read the threads about it.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #21
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes Marcos, it's not that we think you are acting like you know more than others because you are using Michael's quotes. That's not the case at all. It's the cockiness and nastiness that you've been throwing around as of late. I agree with Kerri, you do have a good command of the language and use it well. Unfortunately, you've been using it to belittle and hurt feelings more than you ever did before. And we've noticed it since you joined the Pit. Take that for what it's worth.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:21 PM   #22
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Yes, Marcos, I have noticed it too. Your posts always used to be really sweet, always uplifting and caring toward your fellow "Feeders". Lately, I've noticed an edgy-ness to your posts that wasn't there before. I agree with Dogstar and Teri, you are entitled to "accept and move on", and those of us who might have a hard time "accepting and moving on", (if in fact, this speculation is truth) also are entitled to express our feelings. Please, Marcos, get back in touch with your sweet, uplifting, caring side again! I'd enjoy reading your posts again if you do! Peace....and God Bless!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #23
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Now, geez... I strongly believe in the paragraph above. I can't understand, if you excuse me, why people don't wanna believe Michael, part because he didn't post here, but on the pit

I thought Michael DID post here... See member "Gabriel"... he had post 5 times on this board! Or was that some funny guy??????

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 01-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Gabriel is Michael and he has posted a few times here.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #25
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Hello...

sorry to sound harsh on you, but it took this long for you to realize that?! geez...
I'm getting REALLY tired of you. I have been posting here for a little over a year. Prior to that, I used to just come to read. I have to say that I used to think you seemed pretty pleasant and even tempered in your posts ... somewhat neutral and always nice to people. Now, I just think you're obnoxous!

I know I've asked you this before and do not remember getting a response, so I'll ask again ...
Have I done something to offend you??? Because unless I'm just paranoid (which I'm not!), you always feel the need to be nasty in your responses to me. This is not the first time. I thought at first that it was just me, but I'm starting to see you're that way to others as well.

You've gone out of your way on several occasions to insult me. You even made a comment in the past that I should be banned from this board. That was because I was involved in a disagreement with someone else ... that didn't involve you ... and yet you felt the need to express your unfounded opinion. I have never been outright nasty to anyone on this board. No ... I don't always agree with the majority, and yes, I will go back and forth with people to make my point if I feel strongly enough about it. But I have never sworn at or made fun of any person here ... NOT EVER!!! And I don't feel I need to tolerate your snide little sarcastic remarks!
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Since the news were posted at the pit, we talked in a 1000 threads nothing was official. Our only source was Michael. Now why to ask this question, on the very first post of this thread again???

Getting facts straight:

1- Creed is done.
2- Creed is done, but not forever. They just extended their break.
3- Mark has a project along Flip and Brian.
4- Stapp has a project we don't know about it yet.
Why ask the question?? Well, I'll tell you why ...
I was just trying to be sure I had MY facts straight and that I hadn't missed anything else that was "officially" released ... nothing more! And if you are so tired of this topic, then don't go out of your way to read it and respond to it.

And about your "facts" above ... particularly #2 ... what exactly makes you such an authority? You talk like you know everything for sure. Yes ... we all hope that Creed is just on an extended break ... but the bottom line is that no one really knows anything for sure. So you can just stop pretending like you have all the answers.
Quote: Just because I collected a bunch of quotes and made fun of them and the situation, never at the people who posted them,
Absolutely NOT true ... speaking from experience!
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) And one more request of mine: don't talk about me, talk to me. If I'm bugging you, let me know... why don't you just PM me?
You're absolutely right! This is something I probably should've PMed you about ... but quite frankly, since you are not shy about being sarcastic and snide to me (publically) ... then I am not going to be shy about telling you how I feel about it.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #26
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I did join the pit... but I rarely check their board. The only reason I did was to get some pics and read what Michael posted, by his own words. You search for me (creedfreakbr) you'll see I have less than 10 posts... so yeah, I joined the pit, but I'm not a pitter. So the fact I joined their site is a mere coincidence.

Now, I realize I've been sarcastic to a few people. But never at the old school of Creed Feed. Always at some newbies. Creedlvr was one. The way she defends Stapp so passionately pissed me off. Another one, was faceless man... always posting "yeah", "meh" and "banana smilie" posts, without any other words... and I know there are people that share my opinion, although they rather to keep quiet.

I also should add that there are/were more sarcastic/ironic people on this board that you never seem to be bugged. And I'm pretty much the same person Kim V. described (thank you, btw). I just decided to post towards what bugged me, when I used to ignore. I realize it causes conflict, specially where I shouldn't, but I can't say I'm sorry, coz honestly I don't regret. Maybe it's just my way to deal with things and vent... but since it causes trouble, yeah, I'll try to stop...
Old 01-10-2004, 09:46 PM   #27
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Now, I realize I've been sarcastic to a few people. But never at the old school of Creed Feed. Always at some newbies.

Okay, so you only have respect for people that have been here a while?? The rest (the "newbies") don't deserve the same respect? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And what exactly, makes someone a "newbie" anyway? Is there some timeframe or number of posts that one must surpass in order to shed the "newbie" title??? And BTW - I am not a newbie ... I just don't have the time to post 200 times a day!!!
Quote: Creedlvr was one. The way she defends Stapp so passionately pissed me off.
Maybe the way you defend Mark PISSES ME OFF!!! Why should my defending him bother you so much?? For God's sake, after all the abuse the poor guy takes, someone has to. If that is all it takes to piss you off and treat people so rudely, then you should see a doctor!
Quote: Another one, was faceless man... always posting "yeah", "meh" and "banana smilie" posts, without any other words... and I know there are people that share my opinion, although they rather to keep quiet.
Yes ... because they are polite ... something you obviously know nothing about.
Quote: but I can't say I'm sorry, coz honestly I don't regret.
WOW!!! You're so immature, it's frightening!

Can someone tell me...
If I put him on my ignore list, does that mean I won't have to look at his posts anymore??
Old 01-10-2004, 10:00 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I just decided to post towards what bugged me, when I used to ignore. I realize it causes conflict, specially where I shouldn't, but I can't say I'm sorry, coz honestly I don't regret. Maybe it's just my way to deal with things and vent... but since it causes trouble, yeah, I'll try to stop...

Maybe you're missing the point, Marcos. It's not WHAT you post but HOW you post it...You've just gotten nasty with some people and it's really not nice. You can express the things that piss you off without being a jerk about it.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
LMAO, yeah! You do that.

Coz obviously you don't understand me. I never said I don't respect newbies, what I said was that the people I was sarcastic at were newbies. Coincidence? pretty much...

It all lays on the content of their posts.

Stapp isn't holy. Stop treating like if he is. That's why the guy can't take a breath... Just because he had the guts to sing what he felt, (with spiritual insinuations) in a world people don't wanna hear a word about God, people think he's a saint. Maybe he never wanted to be a role model, as I said befote... people took him to this condition.

Let him leave, let him breath... it's like he's in a cage... or in some people's cage...

Now you can't stand the fact I have "Tremonti" on my nick... you're so wrong in judging me like that, because obviously you missed the fact I support in the first place Creed, then the other Stapp and Flip just as much as Mark, equally. Just read the post-Chicago threads... But IF you don't like Mark, I can't do nothing about it... It's not my fault that TODAY he's in the spotlight, not Stapp or Flip...

Sure, that wasn't polite of me... but at least it was honest. Better than being polite but fake.

The frightening part isn't me, but you putting Stapp on a pedestal. He fails just like us, non-famous human beings. That's why if something goes wrong, you get so "hurt" (or something like that).
Old 01-10-2004, 10:42 PM   #30
creedlvr
USER INFO »
OMG!!!!!
The most ridiculous part about this is that I am actually bothering to respond to you ... but I assure you, it will be the last time!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) LMAO, yeah! You do that.
I will!

Quote: Coz obviously you don't understand me. I never said I don't respect newbies, what I said was that the people I was sarcastic at were newbies. Coincidence? pretty much...
Then why say it at all? Do you make any sense at all??

Quote: Stapp isn't holy. Stop treating like if he is. That's why the guy can't take a breath... Just because he had the guts to sing what he felt, (with spiritual insinuations) in a world people don't wanna hear a word about God, people think he's a saint. Maybe he never wanted to be a role model, as I said befote... people took him to this condition.
Who the F!@$! is talking about Stapp?? Have you just run out of things to say in your own defense. You've just COMPLETELY changed the subject!!!! NO ONE was talking about this! AND ... NO ONE ... ESPECIALLY NOT ME ... SAID HE IS HOLY OR WHATEVER OTHER NONSENSE YOU'RE BABBLING!

Quote: Now you can't stand the fact I have "Tremonti" on my nick... you're so wrong in judging me like that ..{text deleted}.. But IF you don't like Mark, I can't do nothing about it... It's not my fault that TODAY he's in the spotlight, not Stapp or Flip...
I could care less who or what you have for a nickname. You have obviously missed the point ... AGAIN!!!! I won't bother to explain it because it won't make a difference. And I NEVER said I didn't like Mark. I have just said that Stapp is clearly the reason I became a Creed fan. Yeah, okay ... I'm saying it's your fault Stapp's not in the spotlight right now.

Quote: Sure, that wasn't polite of me... but at least it was honest. Better than being polite but fake.
How about not saying anything at all if you don't have anything nice to say???

Quote: The frightening part isn't me, but you putting Stapp on a pedestal.
Who said I was?????????
Quote: He fails just like us, non-famous human beings.
Again ... NO SHIT!!!!!

Last edited by creedlvr : 01-10-2004 at 10:46 PM.