++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #61
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's "pieced together pawn shop band" Quote

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) As far as being a "peiced together, pawn shop band".........
They sounded pretty good to me and everyone else in Atlanta that was at the show.

I have to agree. I was there too. Scott and Gond Blind sounded great. They were no "peiced together pawn shop band". I'll tell you another thing too. They did a freaking awesome job on the Creed songs too.

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i dont have a problem with stapp still singing them(but i do think he needs to drop the creed sound and develop his own origional sound now that he is on his solo career) but, i do have a problem with goneblind playing them.(mainly because goneblind sucks.....but i like the drummer). so i think its official, no creed reunion EVER!

I think Scott would be committing career suicide if he dropped the Creed sound totally. Especially in the beginning. I, like most of his other fans, was hoping that his new cd would have the Creed sound. Most of his new songs do sound similar to Creed but I also think they have a new sound to them as well. After all, he is one of the creators of Creed. Why would he want to change his sound when he helped create it in the first place. I'll tell you another thing too... Gone Blind does not suck. I have never heard their old music but I will say that they really rocked at the concert. They played Scott's new music perfectly and they added a little of their own sound to the Creed songs they played. They freaking rocked on Bullets. John Curry also did an awesome job on what would normally be Mark's vocals in MOP.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #62
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I'm a CREED fan first and IMO CREED music played by any other band is still fraudulent. Don't try to tell me I can't say that without hearing them. It's a matter of principal and LOYALTY! I will always be a CREED purist wether it's popular or not.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #63
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I'm a CREED fan first and IMO CREED music played by any other band is still fraudulent. Don't try to tell me I can't say that without hearing them. It's a matter of principal and LOYALTY! I will always be a CREED purist wether it's popular or not.

Scott Stapp was part of Creed. Its not like it is a totally different band all together. He was, like it or not, the voice of Creed. When Brian Marshal left Creed were you upset because Creed was still playing Creed songs. I guess Creed should have just dropped all the songs from their setlist that Brian had any part in originally. Do you have a problem with Paul McCartney playing Hey Jude? Or what about Sting or Phil Collins playing stuff from The Police or Genesis. There is not better logic than that in my opinion. Lets face it... whether some of you like it or not Scott Stapp had part in writing Creeds music. I know some of you like to think Mark Tremonti is a saint and wrote every song but he didn't. I believe if an artist helped to create something as great as Creeds music he should have every right to perform it. I have no problem with Tremonti. I think he is a great artist... but this is just rediculous.

Here's a quote from Stapp from a resent interview that I think explains my point:
The music is fresh, rich in texture, and in terms of volume The Great Divide sounds a lot like Creed. It has that classic guitar sound that sold Scott Stapp millions of records throughout the years. “It should (sound like Creed),” asserts Scott,” I mean that’s my sound. I didn’t write all the guitar parts in Creed, but when I met Mark, he was more into the 1980s high vocalists, and Mark and I really had to work hard together to dial into a sound that would sit good with my voice and that was within my range. That sound is a sound that I helped create and not just with my voice and my lyrics, but the music as well.”

Scott helped to harness the sound of Creed and he has every right to perform it. Especially songs with lyrics that he wrote. Mark and Scott seem to be doing what they both love now. Mark is now performing music that he wants to perform so why is he worried about what Scott Stapp is doing. Does it affect Mark in any way? No. Mark probably isn't even worried about it anymore but we are all here still arguing over it.

Someone please tell me what is wrong with my logic here?
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light
Old 03-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #64
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Yes I do have a problem with all of your examples. Those are choices made by other artists and I'm not sure if there former bandmates objected or not. That's great your happy with Scotts new band because he needs all the support he can get. I choose to support Mark and AB. I'm not saying you're wrong but as far as I'm concerned I am right.

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #65
Justify
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Yes I do have a problem with all of your examples. Those are choices made by other artists and I'm not sure if there former bandmates objected or not. That's great your happy with Scotts new band because he needs all the support he can get. I choose to support Mark and AB. I'm not saying you're wrong but as far as I'm concerned I am right.

I don't need to choose between the 2. I like both of them. I like both their bands. And yes those are choices made by other artists. Scott can make his own choices too. Who cares what a FORMER band mate thinks. The great thing about both of them being split up now is that both can do their own thing without having to worry about what the other thinks and without having to get input from the other.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light

Last edited by Justify : 03-02-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #66
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I don't need to choose between the 2. I like both of them. I like both their bands. And yes those are choices made by other artists. Scott can make his own choices too. Who cares what a FORMER band mate thinks. The great thing about both of them being split up now is that both can do their own thing without having to worry about what the other thinks and without having to get input from the other.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

cant seem to get it down my system!!!!

ne ways

well........... no matter who wirtes the songs or who sings it ........in the end..............the songs and the records belongs to the band as a whole............. no one owns it or have more rights.........(i guess) ................ i think it must be veery hard from Mark's point of view to refrain himself from actuallly playin creed songs............but i respect his decision not to play em as he said that it wil be both unjustifed for Myles and Stapp as well..................... well..........also to the creed fans........... but its good decision.............. not actuall from fans standpoint .........damn

Last edited by bilal : 03-02-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #67
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

alter bridge came out with "one day remains" which was kinda like creed but a lot better and poor old stapp was still living off of the past and other peoples creative efforts. mark is obviously just as important if not more in their song writing process being that stapps solo stuff was bad and the new creed songs are sounding great, and it is mark thats progressed these last 6 years, not stapp... obviously..
Old 10-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #68
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) cant seem to get it down my system!!!!

ne ways

well........... no matter who wirtes the songs or who sings it ........in the end..............the songs and the records belongs to the band as a whole............. no one owns it or have more rights.........(i guess) ................ i think it must be veery hard from Mark's point of view to refrain himself from actuallly playin creed songs............but i respect his decision not to play em as he said that it wil be both unjustifed for Myles and Stapp as well..................... well..........also to the creed fans........... but its good decision.............. not actuall from fans standpoint .........damn

Do I use to type like that?... what the f***!