++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2005, 12:39 AM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Stapp involved in another fight!

If you haven't heard this already... Apparantly on Thanksgiving Stapp entered a hotel bar drunk, got into an argument with the hotel concilearge (sp?) and then proceeded to get into a fight with two members from the band 311. Here's a statement from 311:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Joan O'Reilly from 311 BB) Taken from here

We did not intend to discuss this incident publicly, but since rumors
are beginning to spread we'd like to set the record straight.
On November 24th (Thanksgiving), 311 had the day off in Baltimore,
Maryland. Chad Sexton, SA Martinez & P-Nut were relaxing in a hotel
lounge with their wives and friends watching a basketball game on
television. Scott Stapp entered the bar. He appeared intoxicated.
He drank a shot at the bar and then threw his shot glass, smashing it
on the bar. He was acting belligerent and got into an argument with
patrons sitting at the bar. He then sat down next to SA and his
wife. He made a disrespectful and crude remark to SA's wife. Chad
and SA asked him to step away. He then sucker-punched Chad. Scott
was looking for a fight - and that's what he got. A fight ensued.
Soon the police arrived and everyone was restrained and questioned;
and Scott was ultimately asked to leave the hotel.

Another thread here One of the band members actually told the same story during an interview on KROQ radio today as well.

This is almost a mirror of his previous "bar fights." You can only give him the benefit of doubt so many times... just when it seems he's getting his act together this has to happen...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-01-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Ahaa! So there is some truth to this! (see regis and kelly thread).

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) You can only give him the benefit of doubt so many times... just when it seems he's getting his act together this has to happen...

Exactly. I am finding it harder and harder to defend him...
Old 12-01-2005, 01:50 AM   #3
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
He lives such a double life with what he is trying to portray in the media and then what he does in the night scene.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:08 AM   #4
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Yea, the song Justify was about him playing poker, not playing poker, getting shitfaced, and trying to beat up everyone in the bar. lol

Stapp does lead a double life, and its ridiculous that he would do shit like this. People dont realize that what he is on the scene isnt what he truly is off camera, yet people worship him still? This makes no sense to me. All you hear from him is "Oh, ive changed my life around, i am a christian, bla bla bla" Well, Scott, To be a christian means to be Christ-Like in life, and i dont think that Jesus, went out, got liqored up, and beat people up when they had a problem with the word he was speaking. He turned the other cheek, otherwise, all of the people who crucified him would have been smolten off of the face of the earth..he was, in fact, the son of god.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 12-01-2005, 04:57 AM   #5
Chase
USER INFO »
Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

I dunno... I still remember when Godsmack said that Stapp was being a dick to some handicapped guy in a wheelchair. It's all words to me when someone can't provide a thread of evidence to back it up. I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast Steve... Stapp is an artist who is intensely hated and also adored. He's an easy target. To me, this is like Michael Moore saying that the President is a liar. If the source can't really provide evidence... then is the defendent guilty? Or is he/she innocent until PROVEN guilty?

If this is true... then I wish the band that was there was Good Charlotte.

Last edited by Chase : 12-01-2005 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
sina2b
USER INFO »
give me a break, scott stapp is not a target for anyone, most people dont even know his name and hes clearly not a threat to anyone or any musician for being a victim of that sort of stuff. seeing what an ass stapp is, is simpler than 2+2 for me, why is it so hard for others to see this! this is whats bothering me, i allready know hes fucked up and none of this surprises me but the fact that people keep on defending him does.

stapp should dissappear instead of giving out new albums, this way he might be able to keep a good name for himself for at most a few years! Wind-Up should consider that

Last edited by sina2b : 12-01-2005 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:50 AM   #7
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

I dunno... I still remember when Godsmack said that Stapp was being a dick to some handicapped guy in a wheelchair. It's all words to me when someone can't provide a thread of evidence to back it up. I think you're jumping to conclusions too fast Steve... Stapp is an artist who is intensely hated and also adored. He's an easy target. To me, this is like Michael Moore saying that the President is a liar. If the source can't really provide evidence... then is the defendent guilty? Or is he/she innocent until PROVEN guilty?

Kurt Cobain wasnt a fake ass christ wannabe, he was open about his issues, his drug problems and his behavior and on top of all his songs were relevant to his personality, but stapp is trying to sell an image that is non existant and people buying that image really pisses me off.

if you think there's nothing wrong with bush, than clearly there shouldnt be anything wrong with stapp either. Were not trying to proove any political facts here by the letter, were just using our brains.

Last edited by sina2b : 12-01-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
so I guess Lora and I are still liars???

I told you so...

Btw... do you know who's NOT with Stapp anymore due a brawl? Kimi...

Last edited by Bridge of Clay : 12-01-2005 at 06:41 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #9
sina2b
USER INFO »
dont worry about that they'll still find a way to make you a liar so technichally u still are lol

quota:
Btw... do you know who's NOT with Stapp anymore due a brawl? Kimi...

what??
Old 12-01-2005, 07:37 AM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
yeah, Kimi, his former personal assistant, also got in a brawl with Stapp and showed up on Hanson's office asking for a job.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #11
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
He he he, Hansons! :P
(I provided so much for this thred!)
Old 12-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
when you think bar fights isn't enough:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-315063c.html
Old 12-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #13
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Being a Christian means recognizing your sins and asking for forgiveness from the higher power. No one can be "Christ-Like." Anyway... that's irrelevent. I honestly don't give a crap about who Stapp beats up, last time I checked... that had nothing to do with making music. I hate drug use... but that doesn't mean that I'll boycott every musician from Scott Weiland to Jimi Hendrix. Recently in rock, we've seen Disturbed beat up Finch... and Godsmack crew members beat up Story of the Year. Who ever said being a rock star is a gentleman's game? Look at Liam Gallagher of Oasis. That man is CONSTANTLY instigating feuds. That doesn't change the fact that his band created some of the best songs of the 1990s. I mean... why do people act surprised that Stapp has a temper? He's written songs like "Fight Song," "Bullets," and "What If." Bottom line... NONE OF US were there and there is no public evidence that this happened. For all we know... 311 has a dislike for Stapp and saw these rumors as a good way to slander Stapp. What Stapp does in his personal life has nothing to do with me. I listen to his music and enjoy his lyrics. Rarely, will you find a SAINT in rock music. Kurt Cobain would instigate fights constantly... that did not affect Nirvana's popularity at all.

exactly I don't believe it at all.

do you remember what finch said after 2 members of disturbed beat up them and their whole crew after finch provoked them??

similar to what these guys are saying about scott stapp.

it wasn't our fault bla bla bla.
Scott is a nice guy ok
he wouldn't start unprovoked on 3 people.
this is bullshit
Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #14
Bullets
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) and i dont think that Jesus, went out, got liqored up, and beat people up when they had a problem with the word he was speaking.

Well remember - Jesus did go into the temple and tear the place up, flipping tables and whatnot, because they were selling things in the holy place which was an act that went against the word he was preaching. Who knows how much wine he had before that incident

I have to apologize Bridge of Clay - i said in the other thread that I doubted the story, but now that there is a band posting about it...it seems a bit more credible.

At the same time however I agree with Chase - Stapp is an easy target due to his past life, but we'll see. Especially on December 6 when that show airs on Spike...should be interesting to see if he's really smashed like the article says.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 AM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Actually its very hard to not believe in this kind of news coming from Stapp ...and Im not judging him...but hes constantly dissapointing his fans... I really think his music is more important than his private life but acting this way (in public) is very disrespectful with lots of people.

And okay, like Chase said Liam Gallagher, Kurt Cobain and lots of 'rockstars' were involved in fights, (some -several times), but I never saw none of them claiming "I changed, now Im another man... I was saved"...etc...etc...

Also, easy target???? Who did creat this 'image'? Just curious...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too