++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #31
Inspired
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Anybody going to the shows?

Good Luck!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #32
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Good Luck!

Thank you! I hope your new gig pans out for you too
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #33
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Big day tomorrow!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #34
Inspired
USER INFO »

I know! Looks like it's gonna rain I'll be heading down first thing in the morning, see you there!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #35
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

I know, sucks about the weather. I won't be carrying an umbrella or change of clothes or anything either...I like to travel light :-) hopefully I won't end up too much of a mess. Maybe I'll bring something just in case. Either way, a good time will be had!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #36
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Really great show the other night. I got right down to the rail between Myles and Brian. Got some great pics from there :-) the crowd was awesome that night and the band was all the more into it as a result...I haven't seen Myles grin so much at a show yet. It was great to see how much of a blast they were having. You could see him gushing while the crowd chanted "Alter Bridge!" between almost every tune.

They played everything you'd expect, and added Still Remains. I think it was a longer set than past shows I've been to...felt that way anyway. Mark and Myles had their guitar duel towards the end of the night, which kinda fell apart into the two of them goofing off with one another, which was fun to watch. I got a finger slap from Myles as they went off stage, and picked up a recording of the show on my way out.

It sounds cliche but I think they're better each time I see than...or at least I think I enjoy it more :-)

Void
Real
Buried
Tomorrow
Start
Knuckles
Hope
Metalingus
Ghost
Wings
One Day Remains
Ties
Still Remains
Life
Blackbird
Eyes

Watch
Isolation
Guitar Jam
Rise

Last edited by FreedomFighter : 05-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #37
Inspired
USER INFO »

Hey, I was on the rail in front of Mark. I am still sore/in pain from standing for 8 hours. Also a bunch of people came at the last minute and just stood at the front of the line, some of whom are supposed to be big AB fans. I was really disgusted by their behavior. It's too bad the band doesn't know what kind of people they really are.

I agree the show was good, almost a little over the top. It was kind of sad to see how mainstream they have become. I remember seeing them on their first tour at Irving and there was no line around the block or chanting "Alter Bridge". It's nice that people apperciate them, but I miss the days when they were under the radar. It doesn't seem as genuine as before, reminds me too much of the vibe at Creed shows.

I got to meet them after even though Best Buy penned us in like hens. Their road manager came out and screamed they didn't have time to take pictures, but they did anyway. I panicked though and ended up taking a picture of Mark and I myself and I look weird in it cuz I'm standing on tip toe straining to get in the shoot cuz he is so much taller than me lol. It was funny though cuz he came out in a hoodie, gym shorts and flip flops and said he was in his pajamas.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #38
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Hey, I was on the rail in front of Mark. I am still sore/in pain from standing for 8 hours. Also a bunch of people came at the last minute and just stood at the front of the line, some of whom are supposed to be big AB fans. I was really disgusted by their behavior. It's too bad the band doesn't know what kind of people they really are.

I agree the show was good, almost a little over the top. It was kind of sad to see how mainstream they have become. I remember seeing them on their first tour at Irving and there was no line around the block or chanting "Alter Bridge". It's nice that people apperciate them, but I miss the days when they were under the radar. It doesn't seem as genuine as before, reminds me too much of the vibe at Creed shows.

I got to meet them after even though Best Buy penned us in like hens. Their road manager came out and screamed they didn't have time to take pictures, but they did anyway. I panicked though and ended up taking a picture of Mark and I myself and I look weird in it cuz I'm standing on tip toe straining to get in the shoot cuz he is so much taller than me lol. It was funny though cuz he came out in a hoodie, gym shorts and flip flops and said he was in his pajamas.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

I agree I don't want them to get too big, but I love the success they're enjoying right now. I don't know if I'd say it felt like a Creed show...not the reunion shows anyway. When I saw Creed back in the day it was on the lawn of a huge theater, so of course the atmosphere was totally different. These AB shows feel so much less scripted and more raw. I wish I had your perspective though...I missed the ODR tour (had to give my tickets away) and saw them for the first ttime days after Blackbird came out.

Next time I need to try and work it so I can stay later and try to meet them. I did see Brian and Scott enter though in the afternoon.

You know, I'm pretty sure we did meet :-) I dunno why it didn't occur to me at the time. I was chilling there for hours too and felt pretty miffed when those dudes slid onto the line. I recognized them from other shows too. Were you reading a vanety fair by chance?
Old 05-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #39
Inspired
USER INFO »

I was trying to read, but couldn't concentrate Were you there with someone? I agree it is still much different from Creed, I haven't seen AB in almost three years and I guess I was a little surprised at how much it had changed.

Did you listen to the show yet? I didn't pick up my usb drive cuz I want to wait for the prs ones.

Last edited by Inspired : 05-22-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #40
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Yes, I was there with my gf. I had a Blackbird shirt on. We got on line and now I'm pretty sure it was you who introduced yourself right next to us :-)

I've been listening to the show. The quality is pretty good, though not quite as some other bands that offer the same thing. There's a skip in the first track so I emailed Abby road to see if they can send me a clean version of the file. Other than that its great...really brings me back to the moment. I thought I was supposed to get the prs version of the USB key there since I pre ordered, but I just got a regular one. Oh well, that wasn't the point anyway. I've got enough prs/tremonti stuff for now :-)
Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
Inspired
USER INFO »

Oh, it didn't occur to me that might be you! I'm glad you guys got to the rail despite the line jumpers.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #42
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

I know, didn't occur to me either at the time. At least we know for next time now :-)
Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #43
Inspired
USER INFO »

Anybody know what type of pics Mark is using now? The security guy gave me a pick he said was Mark's after the show, but it was really thin. Maybe it's just the ones he throws to the crowd?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #44
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Anybody know what type of pics Mark is using now? The security guy gave me a pick he said was Mark's after the show, but it was really thin. Maybe it's just the ones he throws to the crowd?

Dunlop...Jazz III I think? I'm not totally sure about the model but the brand is definately Dunlop