++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #121
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) You know, it is a matter of just flat out opinion in this case I think. My first impression was that I disliked it. I thought the song writting was bad in comparison to their previous records because it wasn't exactly like them.

But I kept on listening to it, studying it for (3?) weeks. Eventually I felt that it was a progression, instead of a regression. I realized that it doesn't have to be exactly what was done before to be good. After listening to AB3 so much, I went back and listened to stuff on BlackBird and ODR, and that stuff sounds...well, this is hard to put, they sound like something a new band would write. I hope that makes sense, but I feel they've really reached a level of musical maturity in this album that they never reached before.

This album just sounds very articulate and sophisticated to me. And you know, first impressions are subject to change.
everything is always subject to change, as long as you dont, when your the self RIGHTEOUS, its ok to have a momeant once in a while, as long as you dont hurt others in the process but serious i did,nt revice your post nagpo, but from took in u r taking a deep LISTIEN like i saide before Very Powerfull Album Keep LISTIEN, and then more so....through changes , man it kicks ASS, i must retire now i have a date, with CORN WHO_LEE_OH_ U know what for,
Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #122
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) You know, it is a matter of just flat out opinion in this case I think. My first impression was that I disliked it. I thought the song writting was bad in comparison to their previous records because it wasn't exactly like them.

But I kept on listening to it, studying it for (3?) weeks. Eventually I felt that it was a progression, instead of a regression. I realized that it doesn't have to be exactly what was done before to be good. After listening to AB3 so much, I went back and listened to stuff on BlackBird and ODR, and that stuff sounds...well, this is hard to put, they sound like something a new band would write. I hope that makes sense, but I feel they've really reached a level of musical maturity in this album that they never reached before.

This album just sounds very articulate and sophisticated to me. And you know, first impressions are subject to change.

I wonder how much a person can really like an album if they have to keep listening to it and study it for three weeks. I see this on other message boards as well and wonder the same thing. In fact I think I've been trying to convince myself I like it as I am so used to being a fan of the band and don't want to lose that. Of course for me, it's because I don't think the album is musically mature or sophisticated.

Last edited by Inspired : 10-27-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #123
nagpo
USER INFO »

Well, okay. It's just not a simple album. It's more complex, hence the reason why people have to listen to it multiple times to understand it.

Last edited by nagpo : 10-27-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #124
Inspired
USER INFO »

Sorry if I was confusing. I was saying that it is a simple album and maybe people (including myself) are trying to convince themselves that it is good.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #125
nagpo
USER INFO »

Okay, everyone has their own opinions and tastes in stuff. So, it's all good.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #126
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

Like Nagpo was saying this album is very complex and an expression of feeling. I look at it like this: One Day Remains is solely how Mark feels about life, Blackbird is what Mark & Myles have in common with their feelings towards life & AB III is solely how Myles feels about life. There's going to a progression of lyrics and sounds depending on the point of view of the dominant artist.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #127
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

I love this record.

Even though Blackbird has a few amazing stand-out songs, this is a much better record overall IMO. I can listen to most of it without skipping. There was too much filler for my liking on Blackbird.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #128
Inspired
USER INFO »

Are you guys drawn to AB because of the anthemic pop sound? I'm starting to realize that unlike me that is what most of the fan base really likes opposed to the occasional heavy song that they do.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #129
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Their heavy shit is the best, but if you can't appreciate the rest because it's not all fast & heavy, then you're missing out.

ABIII is the least "anthemic pop" sounding of all their albums. I think that's why I like it so much. They clearly aren't trying to attract dopey Creed fans who love With Arms Wide Open with this one.

Blackbird has some of their best work (Ties, Life, etc) but it also has some of their cheesiest. I still can't listen to Rise Today.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:24 AM   #130
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Are you guys drawn to AB because of the anthemic pop sound? I'm starting to realize that unlike me that is what most of the fan base really likes opposed to the occasional heavy song that they do.
The only song on this album that sounds like pop to me is Ghost of days gone by, but at the bridge they completely take away that pop sound.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #131
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) The only song on this album that sounds like pop to me is Ghost of days gone by, but at the bridge they completely take away that pop sound.

I agree but Life Must Go On, Wonderful Life and Breathe Again are all in the same boat. My least favourite on the album. Looking forward to these B-Sides though, Home and Zero sound wicked.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #132
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I agree but Life Must Go On, Wonderful Life and Breathe Again are all in the same boat. My least favourite on the album. Looking forward to these B-Sides though, Home and Zero sound wicked.
Got That Good By Vibe to it, like looking away dixie land, i agree oh how i agree wall to wall irony, was born from wall to wall joy, the yolk be easy and the burden be light, lets surley keep it that way, with all our collsions and collabarations, PEACE all though anger and temper exceeds highly, from time time no more than peace and Imorataltiy Exceeds Highly, As Well As The Darkness Hideth In The Light And The Light Hides in the darkness, we can use a gun on each other Or Love Each Other The Way He Loves Us, Cares about ya,s so So I Choose The Rather its all we have, sad be true,
Old 10-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #133
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) Got That Good By Vibe to it, like looking away dixie land, i agree oh how i agree wall to wall irony, was born from wall to wall joy, the yolk be easy and the burden be light, lets surley keep it that way, with all our collsions and collabarations, PEACE all though anger and temper exceeds highly, from time time no more than peace and Imorataltiy Exceeds Highly, As Well As The Darkness Hideth In The Light And The Light Hides in the darkness, we can use a gun on each other Or Love Each Other The Way He Loves Us, Cares about ya,s so So I Choose The Rather its all we have, sad be true,

I know this is a free forum and users can relatively say what they like but I'm curious why it is you come on here TrulyAmazing only to have people try to read a melange of comments about the subject and pieces from the bible? I will never understand. Oh well. Alter Bridge may not go anywhere or rise to stardom but AB III is wicked and that's all that matters.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #134
Inspired
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I agree but Life Must Go On, Wonderful Life and Breathe Again are all in the same boat. My least favourite on the album. Looking forward to these B-Sides though, Home and Zero sound wicked.

Maybe it's more that they are generic rock than pop, but I do think Wonderful life is going to attract the same kind of fans as With Arms Wide Open as it has the same feel. It's hard for me to really enjoy the rest of the album that is good when the other half feels like it's pandering to a generic rock audience.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #135
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I know this is a free forum and users can relatively say what they like but I'm curious why it is you come on here TrulyAmazing only to have people try to read a melange of comments about the subject and pieces from the bible? I will never understand. Oh well. Alter Bridge may not go anywhere or rise to stardom but AB III is wicked and that's all that matters.
man im sorry, the ratings for one morning after the other is higher, i rejoice in my sufferment, just one question, whats really in your can ? spam i sware confuses all, No One Really Knows Whats In That Can, GOD BLEES YOU AND PEACE BE WITH YOU............