++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
DuoMaxwell
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Battle of the Metallica bass players:Jason vs. Rob

Now I know as well as anyone that Cliff Burton cannot be truly replaced, but of his two replacements, who fits in with the band better? I vote for Rob. Death Magnetic is the band's best album since Master Of Puppets. That black album had its share of good songs, but it isn't all everyone makes it out to be.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Battle of the Metallica bass players:Jason vs. Rob

Rob The Black Album Man Was Like The First Ever Speed Metal Cross Over To The Land Of The Living Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh I was There So Im Not Going Argue At All Its A Piece Of Metal History it was are day in the sun and the billboard it was a big deal
Old 09-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr

Rob can play anything tho. Just anything. he is a stupidly good bass player. Could play insane jazz, funk, fricken anything he is that versatile. Jason was still good tho.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
pricey.21
USER INFO »

Definately Rob.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by pricey.21) Definately Rob.
i admire both but for personal reasonings and times and so forth i prefer jason ROCK ON
Old 06-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I prefer Rob, but I love both of them.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I prefer Rob, but I love both of them.
Like I Said Both our great Musicians, And And Rob...will always be Tallica Blood, but u can,t help Loving Jason As The Tallicas Offical Bass Player.....when The Black Album, PUT IT IN TOP 40,s Face...... All smiles All The Time............ i never took part for some of you old schoolers, in the megadeth and metallica, conflict, fan of both, Lets Keep Peace Alive,
Old 10-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #8
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Rob is a better player, but Jason is pretty awesome too.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) Rob is a better player, but Jason is pretty awesome too.
they both good like i posted before, i like jason because of the black Album, My Favorite Album Before Then, Justice For All, Was My Fave, But I Think It Was Just The Thrill Of METALLICA, going mainstream at that time, its like you wanted to stick your tounge at all the Pop And Billboard Worshiping Fans, and new coming fans, oh we knew buddy was,nt true, they just wanted to buy those albums to PO their Crazy Parents, i still see those kids today, with casting crowns t shirts, and the ringtones man, its funny what kids like the first time they here it, my son is not so musical in melody, he likes the darker harder stuff i grew up with, and his roots are similar as well when i was a youngster, nothing you heared except ELVIS pantsy CLINE, Haggard Hank, Jones, Kitty Wells, And Jimmy Swagert, my kid likes Charlie Daniels Band, Fell In Love, With The Devil Went Down To Gerogia.... Peace Be With Us In Jesus Name,
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

I think Jason fit in best with 90's/St.Anger era metallica. And Rob fits in best with a more metal/thrash version of metallica. Metallica of 95 and the metallica of 2010 are apples and oranges and hard to compare. But I think with each individual time period they were in. Both fit. I couldn't picture Rob playing on load, Just like i couldn't picture Jason playing on Death Magnetic.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I think Jason fit in best with 90's/St.Anger era metallica. And Rob fits in best with a more metal/thrash version of metallica. Metallica of 95 and the metallica of 2010 are apples and oranges and hard to compare. But I think with each individual time period they were in. Both fit. I couldn't picture Rob playing on load, Just like i couldn't picture Jason playing on Death Magnetic.
I agree 100, percent, can,t argue, geeeez, its hard to pint, point, that FINE, LINE, BETWEEN, Timing And Love, But Yes We Love,em Both, ....... ~M~, Power METALLICA~MEGEADETH....because i said so Wonder Bands, Activatied, Form Of A Unicorn And Form Of A Marshalll Amp.... We Shall Stand....
Old 03-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Rob can play anything tho. Just anything. he is a stupidly good bass player. Could play insane jazz, funk, fricken anything he is that versatile. Jason was still good tho.
uplifting this matter in jesus name, ya know there cometh a time, when that place goeth up when sin dont leave here any more and the horror invasion can no longer rob or still, from that which is holy , just felt like venting sis, when time permited i wanted to do an idea thats oh been a brewing since birth, i,d like to see Dave On A dark stage with nothing but his Gutiar, and peace coming down with metallica and megeadeth, just captavating for speed metal fans, and a beautiful vison indeed,
Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) I think Jason fit in best with 90's/St.Anger era metallica. And Rob fits in best with a more metal/thrash version of metallica. Metallica of 95 and the metallica of 2010 are apples and oranges and hard to compare. But I think with each individual time period they were in. Both fit. I couldn't picture Rob playing on load, Just like i couldn't picture Jason playing on Death Magnetic.
Agreed. They definitely have different styles. I have a soft spot for Rob, as he played on Jerry Cantrell's Degradation Trip Vols. 1 and 2. Marvelous work he did on that one.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 AM   #14
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Agreed. They definitely have different styles. I have a soft spot for Rob, as he played on Jerry Cantrell's Degradation Trip Vols. 1 and 2. Marvelous work he did on that one.
I,guess i must do the honours, rumur has it and some articles, here and there are speculating both bands metallica and megadeth to form a group, i can,t wait till all is confirmed, the sky is the limit with this project, peace be with us,
Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
Faceless Man 93
USER INFO »

It's not a choice for me, ROB TRUJILLO!

Jason was a good bassist but he was around during the Black Album and Load/Reload cycle. I'm not much a fan of those records.

And the funny thing that not alot of people know is that the band cut out Jason's bass tracks on ... And Justice For All. Goes to show that NOBODY can replace Cliff Burton.

R.I.P. Cliff.