++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
What do you really think of people who hate Creed??

I wanted to start this thread because I think that so many people have dissed this band over the years and I thought it would be cool to voice your opinions about this...Personally I think my favorite creed remark is that they were a corporate rock band who stole Pearl Jams sound...I really cant think of two many songs that sound anything similar to classics like "Jeremy" and "Yellow ledbetter"...While Stapp sounds alot like Eddie Vedder...Pearl Jam wishes they had guitarist with the talent of a Mark Tremonti...or set as many milestones as Creed did in seven years...lol..40 million albums sold...9 #1 hits...They share a record with the Beatles having their third and supposively weakest album stay at number 1 for 10 straight weeks...Creed was a great rock band..Haters keep hatin....Creed blew the doors off everyone and dominated rock music till their breakup...There was no competition for them...Lets see them take it to the bands today...I think they can...Peace!!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
Sakizopa
USER INFO »
Re: What do you really think of people who hate Creed??

personally i think that they are assholes!
"These parties against those parties", ahah, y2 know?
And no, Eddie Vedder sounds like Eddie Vedder and Scott Stapp is Scott Stapp!
This is my main idea of my pictures soul: before I set any foot into a room for the outer world, I should have noticed to shut this door silently as being invisible for others around me [Solei´Ah]. Because the main idea should have been understood: combinations between the books Kandinsky and Vico ["Liber metaphysicus"] in their aristotelian artworks.

My "Soleiah" http://www.brucknerfreunde.at/bilder/mv02.mp3

Last edited by Sakizopa : 04-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for 10 years and a fan of Creed for about 8 or 9. I STILL don't see what the big Creed/PJ similarity argument is about. I agree with the poster above Me - Scott sounds like Scott; Eddie sounds like God -- I mean Eddie. There's no real similarity in their sound to Me, except that they're both dudes that sing in the same vocal ranges. Wow, big fuckin' deal.

Honestly, I don't care who hates Creed. Music is a personal thing, and if the band doesn't mesh with an individual, then that's the end of that. There's no contesting that, because it's unique to each individual. People that diss Creed for the sake of dissing them, however, still make Me roll My eyes and walk away. There's no good reason to rag on them; they had a good run while it lasted, their music has provided quite a bit of inspiration and such for their fans, and the musicians do NOT suck.

But I cannot agree with everything in the first post.

Pearl Jam wishes they had guitarist with the talent of a Mark Tremonti
No, they don't.

Creed blew the doors off everyone and dominated rock music till their breakup...There was no competition for them
Dominated? Nah. They had a good run, as I said. They had some SERIOUS hits, two of which are pretty much household names by now. Pretty much everyone knows who Creed is, no matter how they feel about them. But I can't say they dominated much of shit. That term is too strong. As for competition, it depends on the arena.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

I agree with Redeemer on the Pearl Jam issue. Stone Gossard and Mike McCready are amazing guitarists and don't get the respect they deserve. Don't get me wrong, I love Tremonti as much as the next person, but Stone and Mike are incredible, too.

As to the question, I never really cared what others thought. They don't have to like what I like; that's their prerogative. I do think, though, that people shouldn't criticize without first having actually heard the music.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for 10 years and a fan of Creed for about 8 or 9. I STILL don't see what the big Creed/PJ similarity argument is about. I agree with the poster above Me - Scott sounds like Scott; Eddie sounds like God -- I mean Eddie. There's no real similarity in their sound to Me, except that they're both dudes that sing in the same vocal ranges. Wow, big fuckin' deal.

Honestly, I don't care who hates Creed. Music is a personal thing, and if the band doesn't mesh with an individual, then that's the end of that. There's no contesting that, because it's unique to each individual. People that diss Creed for the sake of dissing them, however, still make Me roll My eyes and walk away. There's no good reason to rag on them; they had a good run while it lasted, their music has provided quite a bit of inspiration and such for their fans, and the musicians do NOT suck.

But I cannot agree with everything in the first post.

Pearl Jam wishes they had guitarist with the talent of a Mark Tremonti
No, they don't.

Creed blew the doors off everyone and dominated rock music till their breakup...There was no competition for them
Dominated? Nah. They had a good run, as I said. They had some SERIOUS hits, two of which are pretty much household names by now. Pretty much everyone knows who Creed is, no matter how they feel about them. But I can't say they dominated much of shit. That term is too strong. As for competition, it depends on the arena.

1.) I am not taking shots at pearl jam(I am a huge fan)
2.) The only reason Creed isnt putting out hit after hit still today is because they broke up..they did not fade away...Creed was unique...Just like Pearl Jam....
3.) Yes while Stone Gossard is a heck of a musician...I think Tremonti has accomplished much in his young career thus far and has eclipsed the success that pearl Jams guitarist had....I have many Pearl Jam Cds and own every Creed cd...I just prefer Tremontis soloing...He just sounds far superior musically is an unbelievable shredder...He is amazing in Alter Bridge....
4.) Creed Rocks!!

Last edited by Tremontiriffs77 : 04-14-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Guitar playing is more than just shredding. Anyway, check out McCready on the instrumental November Hotel on Mad Season's Above. That is some fine playing.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
J-Man
USER INFO »

There are a few reasons. The first one being that Creed was a huge success and whenever anyone is on top surely they will get slammed. It's not only with musicians, but with actors, people who play sports, etc. Then there are those fans who "cheer" and support their "team" whether it's in the music biz, sports, or something else. Once the naysayers smear the successors names in the world wide web (hence it can be anyone - even a basement dweller who calls him or herself a journalist just because they have access to a computer), you will have sheep that will follow because they don't know any better. If you are a leader and if someone disses a band you like, then don't succumb to their nonsense and stick to your guns.

Then there is the behavior made by the performer(s). If that person comes off as a jerk, well the response s/he will receive will be negative. If the performer treats people nicely and with respect, then the reaction they will receive will be the same.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

The man above Me has a point. Stapp didn't necessarily make it easy for himself in the second half of Creed's career. It was as if he courted the tabloids, courted the notoriety... whether he did it intentionally or just fell victim to the same fate as many other lead vocalists and shining stars before him is debatable. But the fact still remains that when it comes to Stapp himself, he can't erase what ill he's done from the media's eyes; only time can do that.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #9
video747
USER INFO »

I heard that at one point, Stapp refused to sign autographs. He would take a couple of girls backstage and that was about it.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
Redeemer
USER INFO »

Wow, typical...

Hearsay is hearsay, and I take it as such. But honestly, there hasn't been much Stapp has done to refute such claims, or at least prove them wrong... so I'm inclined to believe a lot of them.

He had a very acute case of Lead Singer Disease, let's just say that.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
brock22
USER INFO »

I love Creed!