++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-14-2006, 08:42 AM   #46
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: does he really need all those creed songs?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) that was probably just someone being an ass...just as i've heard someone, and i have it on bootleg somewhere, yell "scott stapp sucks dick!"
At an AB concert?? Why should that be so surprising?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #47
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) ....Alter Bridge isn't gonna play Creed songs. They have said too many times how much they hate Creed songs. They hate the songs that made them rich men. They don't want to be remembered for WAWO.....hey boys, then chunk them Grammy's in the garbage can....will ya.

Oh, I hear that the Fort Worth, Texas concert is sold out. So I figure there are still lots of people out there that WANT to hear Creed songs...and it doesn't really matter if the original members of Creed are doing them. HA, HA, HA, HA. It sure sounded alot like Creed to me in Atlanta. No one in that crowd noticed the difference...they just sang along.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) ...and ppl only recognize the voice, remember that knucklehead who started a thread saying why did creed change their name to Scott Stapp? Well there you go.
Thank you! ... My point exactly!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #48
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Yeah, he's so proud that he doesn't accept Creed is over.
Well, he does need to accept it ... because it is clearly over. However, I guess if the guy wants to hold onto hope of a reunion for something that meant alot to him ... we can't fault him for it.
Quote: Wow...so not true either!!!!!!!I see you don't play any instrument whatsoever to make this statment. The most of the people going to rock gigs play instruments and the most of the people i meet at the gigs are always interested to meet the guitar player. I personally care for the whole band when i am gonna to see a gig.
As I said ... if you're a musician, you care. If you're not, you don't. You care. I don't.

I mean, I'm not saying that I don't care what the music sounds like. I'm saying as long as it sounds good, I don't care who's playing it.

You can't say "it's not true" as though it's a fact. It's not. Neither of us is right or wrong. Some obviously agree with you. And some agree with me. It's just an opinion.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #49
Sentinel69
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sentinel69 Send a message via MSN to Sentinel69

I doubt that scott will come to holland but I don't mind if he would sing some old Creed songs ,because I never had the chance to see Creed live. Scott has charisma .AB was here in 2005 , but I hate the (almost crying) voice of Myles and let the concert pass me by.

gr,
Irene
Old 03-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #50
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Yeah. But can you tell me what any of those Alter Bridge songs MEAN. Do they even have a message? Hell if I know what it is. Alter Bridge isn't gonna play Creed songs. They have said too many times how much they hate Creed songs. They hate the songs that made them rich men. They don't want to be remembered for WAWO.....hey boys, then chunk them Grammy's in the garbage can....will ya.

Oh, I hear that the Fort Worth, Texas concert is sold out. So I figure there are still lots of people out there that WANT to hear Creed songs...and it doesn't really matter if the original members of Creed are doing them. HA, HA, HA, HA. It sure sounded alot like Creed to me in Atlanta. No one in that crowd noticed the difference...they just sang along.
Look, I can find meaning in the lyrics of Scott, Alter Bridge and Creed. If you can't for AB that's your opinion but that doesn't make it so.

Oh, good for Fort Worth. That must mean Scott's taking the music world by STORM. Just like CREED did - HA, HA, HA?

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #51
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Yeah. But can you tell me what any of those Alter Bridge songs MEAN. Do they even have a message? Hell if I know what it is. Alter Bridge isn't gonna play Creed songs. They have said too many times how much they hate Creed songs. They hate the songs that made them rich men. They don't want to be remembered for WAWO.....hey boys, then chunk them Grammy's in the garbage can....will ya.

God, everything you say...could you be anymore of a tool.

Can I tell you what AB's songs mean? Ha, first you tell me what Creed's songs mean and we'll see if we even agree. Song lyrics are SUBJECTIVE! If I explained to you what Down to My Last or Find The Real meant to me, would you even understand it?

And they don't hate Creed's music. They just want to move on with their lives. And who exactly would want to be remembered for WAWO, the song that pretty much galvanized Creed's rep, the song that has dogged them ever since, what I consider to be the worst of Creed's catalogue.

And the Grammys are crap. All awards are crap. True musicians don't care about awards or money.

Quote: (Originally Posted by MrProphetman) Oh, I hear that the Fort Worth, Texas concert is sold out. So I figure there are still lots of people out there that WANT to hear Creed songs...and it doesn't really matter if the original members of Creed are doing them. HA, HA, HA, HA. It sure sounded alot like Creed to me in Atlanta. No one in that crowd noticed the difference...they just sang along.

Whoa!? Fort Worth is sold out!? Excuse me while I alert Rolling Stone.

No, they WANT to hear Scott Stapp, which I can completely understand. If he plays near me, I might go see him too, but not to hear Creed. If I wanted to hear Creed, I'd play my bootlegs.

Oh and it sounded like Creed in Atlanta, huh? Like I said, tool. HA HA HA HA.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #52
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Your real funny spiderman why dont you go swing somewhere esle cuz your the tool.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #53
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

yeah, hang around somewhere else, your just making a fool of yourself.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #54
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sentinel69) Scott has charisma .AB was here in 2005 , but I hate the (almost crying) voice of Myles and let the concert pass me by.

FINALLY,....someone who GETS IT!!
I've been living a double life
Old 03-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #55
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

well I got it along time ago!!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #56
Agent D
USER INFO »

Gets it? Gets what exactly? You don't like Alter Bridge, which is fine. But you can't get an opinion.

At any rate, I find this thread ridiculously repetitive. I think I will "swing" around some place else because this board has been a disaster area since Creed broke up.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #57
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish
Old 03-14-2006, 07:01 PM   #58
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Gets it? Gets what exactly? You don't like Alter Bridge, which is fine. But you can't get an opinion.

It's not that I don't like AB,...Mark, Brian, Flip, and Scott are all great musicians,....but Myles' "whiny' vocals steer me away. I feel that his "tenor" vocals belong on pop music radio like Matchbox Twenty. I feel that his voice offers nothing to hard rock music,...it just waters it down. And as far as charisma,...Myles may have a little,...but in NO way could he ever draw in a crowd like Stapp can,....but that's just my opinion
I've been living a double life
Old 03-14-2006, 07:03 PM   #59
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish
b-but..i like tuna fish
k' mon guys stop fighting. be happy
Old 03-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #60
titan9
USER INFO »

The negativity and disrespectfulness of this thread(and a few others on here) astounds me. It is one thing to disagree with someone, but to call them a tool? That's just ridiculous. One thing that all of this is shown me is that BOTH sides lack maturity, and, unfortunately, both resort to name calling(which is unnecessary) from time to time. I've seen AB fans acting like immature jerks and I've seen Stapp fans doing the same thing. Neither side is perfect, neither is innocent. Both sides have respectful, mature fans and both have disrespectful fans with the maturity of a ten year old.

The bottom line is this: no one is right and no one is wrong. You're all entitled to your opinions, just as I am to mine. But I honestly think that namecalling should be left out of it. If you resort to namecalling, imo, it's only going to de-value your opinion. It's not going to make you look good at all, and it's not going to garner the respect of anyone(or at least it shouldn't, imo). It's alright to disagree, even say that you dislike Stapp's music in a forum that is dedicated to his music, but please try to be respectful and mature while doing so.

Of course, all of this is just MY opinion and I know that some will agree with it, while others will disagree. But I felt like this had to be said.....otherwise, I wouldn't have posted it.

I'll end my message with some lyrics from a song that I really enjoy:

"I am right and you are wrong
I am right and you are wrong
I am right and you are wrong
No one's right and no one's wrong
In America"

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!