++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #31
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: does he really need all those creed songs?

One more thing ..

Scott WAS the voice of Creed and he is proud of it (unlike his former bandmates).

Besides, it makes much more of an impact to say you were the "VOICE" of a very successful, well-known band, than ... you were the guitarist.

People typically don't care who's playing the guitar (or the bass; or the drums) ... they recognize the voice (unless you're a musician ... but I'm saying "most" people.)
Old 03-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #32
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Strip the Creed songs to keep the hall to turn into a karaoke bar.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #33
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) One more thing ..

Scott WAS the voice of Creed and he is proud of it (unlike his former bandmates).

Besides, it makes much more of an impact to say you were the "VOICE" of a very successful, well-known band, than ... you were the guitarist.

People typically don't care who's playing the guitar (or the bass; or the drums) ... they recognize the voice (unless you're a musician ... but I'm saying "most" people.)
Yet, reminding people of the band he fronted doesn't seem to be igniting his solo career.
I'm well aware of how popular it is to link opinions like this with HATRED and it's getting OLD!

-Homer Simpson

Old 03-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #34
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

very true, the tards just keep coming.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #35
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Besides, it makes much more of an impact to say you were the "VOICE" of a very successful, well-known band, than ... you were the guitarist.

Such a tool.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #36
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D)

Such a tool.
its true, sad to say. people that really arent in to music that much dont care. all they reconize is the voice, especially on the radio.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #37
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) its true, sad to say. people that really arent in to music that much dont care. all they reconize is the voice, especially on the radio.

I still dispute that until the end of my days. And if it is true, it's irrelevant to the argument at hand.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #38
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I still dispute that until the end of my days. And if it is true, it's irrelevant to the argument at hand.
yeah, your right.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #39
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I've seen AB provide a couple hours of music without any CREED songs. It can be done.

I think Im going to agree with you...WOW!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #40
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I've seen AB provide a couple hours of music without any CREED songs. It can be done.

Yeah. But can you tell me what any of those Alter Bridge songs MEAN. Do they even have a message? Hell if I know what it is. Alter Bridge isn't gonna play Creed songs. They have said too many times how much they hate Creed songs. They hate the songs that made them rich men. They don't want to be remembered for WAWO.....hey boys, then chunk them Grammy's in the garbage can....will ya.

Oh, I hear that the Fort Worth, Texas concert is sold out. So I figure there are still lots of people out there that WANT to hear Creed songs...and it doesn't really matter if the original members of Creed are doing them. HA, HA, HA, HA. It sure sounded alot like Creed to me in Atlanta. No one in that crowd noticed the difference...they just sang along.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #41
ABYanks
USER INFO »

^^^ agreed

and ppl only recognize the voice, remember that knucklehead who started a thread saying why did creed change their name to Scott Stapp? Well there you go.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:35 AM   #42
Chase
USER INFO »

Yeah, and I heard someone in the audience yell... and I quote "Mark, play "Higher!"

The also played a cover song... and less songs than what Stapp is playing.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:57 AM   #43
Creed7352
USER INFO »

that was probably just someone being an ass...just as i've heard someone, and i have it on bootleg somewhere, yell "scott stapp sucks dick!"
Old 03-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #44
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) He shouldnt play Creed songs...(except by WAWO and Lullaby) he wrote them but they arent HIS songs.

I agree with Ana. But if Mark, Brian and Flip don't care ( and i much respect them for play their AB songs) i don't care either.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #45
Trimontana
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) One more thing ..

Scott WAS the voice of Creed and he is proud of it (unlike his former bandmates)
Yeah, he's so proud that he doesn't accept Creed is over.

Quote: Besides, it makes much more of an impact to say you were the "VOICE" of a very successful, well-known band, than ... you were the guitarist.
So not true. How many guitar leyends do you know?. There are the same or even more than singers. Play a guitar it's a beautiful hability...and the most guitar players play more instruments and some even sing.

Quote: People typically don't care who's playing the guitar (or the bass; or the drums) ... they recognize the voice (unless you're a musician ... but I'm saying "most" people.)
Wow...so not true either!!!!!!!I see you don't play any instrument whatsoever to make this statment. The most of the people going to rock gigs play instruments and the most of the people i meet at the gigs are always interested to meet the guitar player. I personally care for the whole band when i am gonna to see a gig.