++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
does he really need all those creed songs?

does he really need to play all of those creed songs on tour? doesent he have enough solo songs? he's got 11(counting relearn love, which he doesent play for some reason). if he were to only play his solo songs those concerts would not be as long as the ones were he plays creed songs. what do u think?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Re: does he really need all those creed songs?

Legally he's able to play anything he wants. He says he wrote em, so he'll sing em. Alot of them are about his life. Tremonti could play them too....but he's said he hates them...and can't stand to listen to them. Plus, his lead singer wouldn't do them justice, in my opinion. From the reviews of Stapp's shows, that I've read, no one has a problem with his doing Creed songs. They are actually grateful to hear them again, and are singing along word for word. And alot of people say it doesn't matter whose playing the music...that Stapp still is able to blow the roof off...even playing a Creed song...without the other members of Creed. I'd actually like to hear Myles Kennedy attempt a Creed song...but the guitar god isn't gonna play something he hates.

Last edited by Mrprophetman : 03-09-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

no... he doesn't need all those creed songs... his solo material is much better (not in the sense that it's better than creed, but it's better than creed songs performed by stapp and gone bline...)

but really he doesn't have enough material for a good long set... but he doesn't even play his whole cd. i say play the enrite record and then worry about covers to make the show longer.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
ABYanks
USER INFO »

His creed songs rock and he rocks when he sings them he incorparates them along into his show very smoothly and it rocks. Especially what if and bullets you can really feel the emotion behind them. The Creed songs are him and he does them fantastically. So yes to answer ur question he needs em, but the show would be about 4 songs shorter if he did only GD and RL.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
HuMaN~ClAy
USER INFO »

well... i just hope he doesn't do 50% Creed songs on his next tour... creed is over and i think he really needs to show off his solo stuff even more... his solo songs are so awesome live, the cd doesn't do it justice... Reach Out was so amazing, the passion he puts into it is unreal. i felt much more passion in his solo songs than the creed covers.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Legally he's able to play anything he wants. He says he wrote em, so he'll sing em. Alot of them are about his life.

true...but legally, he can play whatever song he wants live...even an eminem song if he so felt it appropriate, as long as he's not saying the song is his. i looked it up one time cause i was curious about playing cover songs live, if it infringed on copyright or not, cause my friends' band wanted to do some covers.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
creedlvr
USER INFO »

I loved hearing the Creed songs again. First, his concert would be too short without them. Second, they aren't "cover" songs ... he is the one who's life they are about, he wrote the lyrics, and he sung them originally. Yes, I understand that they are Creed songs and he is no longer a part of Creed ... but I still do not consider them cover songs.

As far as Mark playing them (besides the fact that he claims to hate even hearing them ... maybe someone should remind him that they are the reason he's living quite comfortably), if the lead singer is different ... then the sound is different. They wouldn't be the same if anyone other than Scott sang them. I know there are some that disagree, but I don't care who's playing the music ... the voice is what makes it for me.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) does he really need to play all of those creed songs on tour? doesent he have enough solo songs? he's got 11(counting relearn love, which he doesent play for some reason). if he were to only play his solo songs those concerts would not be as long as the ones were he plays creed songs. what do u think?

Well, I'm glad that he doesn't play only 10 songs... that would be one short concert.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

He shouldnt play Creed songs...(except by WAWO and Lullaby) he wrote them but they arent HIS songs.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
titan9
USER INFO »

As I've said from the beginning, I'm against the idea of playing Creed songs on Stapp's solo tour. They weren't just HIS songs, they were the whole band's(Tremo, Flip, Brian) songs. And, for me as a fan, it just isn't the same hearing a new band(with the same singer) play these songs. I'd feel the same way if Alter Bridge started doing Creed songs on tour, because it just wouldn't be the same.

That being said, Stapp doing Creed songs on tour won't stop me from going to his shows.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:02 PM   #11
justin
USER INFO »

yes he needs to play creed songs on tour!!!!!!!!!!! i seen him in cleveland and the fans loved when he played creed songs!!!!!!!!!!! we went crazy!!!!!!!!! and he loved it. he was so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he kept saying thank you to all his fans!!!!!!!!!!! the concert would be very short if he only sang his solo stuff. he only has 1 solo cd!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #12
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) As I've said from the beginning, I'm against the idea of playing Creed songs on Stapp's solo tour. They weren't just HIS songs, they were the whole band's(Tremo, Flip, Brian) songs. And, for me as a fan, it just isn't the same hearing a new band(with the same singer) play these songs. I'd feel the same way if Alter Bridge started doing Creed songs on tour, because it just wouldn't be the same.

That being said, Stapp doing Creed songs on tour won't stop me from going to his shows.

Well, in my opinion, the best part of the Creed songs is the lyrics and thier deep meanings. Since Stapp wrote em all, they are kinda his songs.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #13
Agent D
USER INFO »

I don't really like him performing Creed songs in concert on his solo tour but I know for a fact that if I bothered to see him live, Creed songs are all I'd want to hear.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
ABYanks
USER INFO »

He sings more Great Divide songs then creed songs
Old 03-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #15
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

IMO, Scott should not play them unless Mark was playing (espesially My Own Prison {how dare that guitarist sing mark's part}), those songs were written by those two and having gone blind playing them does not seem right and frankly they do not do a good job even for two guitarists (or I am so use to mark playing them)...but scott can play whatever he wants and I think some fans would like to hear them but for me it has to be scott and mark playing them not just scott

Last edited by Unforgiven Fan : 03-11-2006 at 09:18 PM.