++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-11-2005, 03:50 AM   #46
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thanks for posting the interview, it was a nice read.

Stapp can perform Creed songs as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a rats backside why he does them, or how many, or which ones. I know I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of hearing them again.

As far as "the handshake", or any "agreement" Tremo, Phillips and Marshall may have had with Stapp...pffft, it's not gonna hurt my feelings not seeing those 3 perform any Creed song because I like Goneblind just fine.

As much hatred as Tremo & Co seem to have for Stapp, you'd think they wouldn't give a damn. And please spare me the "they won't perform them out of respect and fairness to the fans" line either. I think Mark knows that Myles can't sing them, and they sound right. People would be like "wtf is this?".lol.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:59 AM   #47
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I think Mark knows that Myles can't sing them, and they sound right. People would be like "wtf is this?".lol.

wrong...sing the opening verses to "My Own Prison", then sing the opening verses to "Broken Wings"...I think you'll find that they're in a comparable register, unless you're pitch deaf...
Old 12-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #48
Bullets
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) wrong...sing the opening verses to "My Own Prison", then sing the opening verses to "Broken Wings"...I think you'll find that they're in a comparable register, unless you're pitch deaf...

Yeah but thats a verse...Listen to the two chorus' and they're vastly different. Scott is rough and deep, Myles in BW goes high and clean - It just wouldn't work.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #49
Robin101
USER INFO »
As I 've said before, it may be selfish, but I don't have a problem with Stapp doing Creed songs on tour - I never saw them live.

It would be different if AB performed Creed songs. Only because I can't imagine Myle's, as talented as he is, performing them to the same level as Stapp - they're too different.

Also, you're talking about a 'gentleman's agreement' - what about Tremo and Flip announcing the break-up of Creed without Scott's consent?

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #50
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bullets) Yeah but thats a verse...Listen to the two chorus' and they're vastly different. Scott is rough and deep, Myles in BW goes high and clean - It just wouldn't work.

(sigh)...MY point is that he can hit the notes...oh, I know there's a BIG difference in the choruses...Stapp can't go that high, but Myles can get that LOW...that's my point...

Quote: Also, you're talking about a 'gentleman's agreement' - what about Tremo and Flip announcing the break-up of Creed without Scott's consent?

well, until I've heard that from Mark, I'm a bit dubious as to this "new" information from a PROVEN liar...
Old 12-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #51
Robin101
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) well, until I've heard that from Mark, I'm a bit dubious as to this "new" information from a PROVEN liar...

If you go to mtv.com and go to the feature 'Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence'
the opening paragraph reads "When Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips announced the breakup of Creed from Tremonti's Orlando, Florida, home...

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #52
freedom fighter
USER INFO »
Just like Dio sings Rainbow songs or Black Sabbath songs on his tour, Stapp can sing Creed songs in his tour. I can't believe someone has a problem with this.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:54 AM   #53
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) If you go to mtv.com and go to the feature 'Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence'
the opening paragraph reads "When Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips announced the breakup of Creed from Tremonti's Orlando, Florida, home...

Take Care

uh, yeah, I know what HE'S saying, as I read article when it first came out...that's my point, though, the story that they agreed that the breakup would NOT be announced is ONLY coming from the Stapp camp...nowhere did Mark say when he announced that Creed broke up that he had an agreement with Stapp to NOT announce it...THAT agreement has only been suggested by Stapp

Quote: Just like Dio sings Rainbow songs or Black Sabbath songs on his tour, Stapp can sing Creed songs in his tour. I can't believe someone has a problem with this.

ooh, forgot about that one...but, yeah, I don't see the problem with him doing Creed songs...in fact, I was listening to an acoustic version of MOP today, and he sounded really good on that, and I was thinking that it's a good thing that the hardcore Creed fans can go to a Stapp concert and hear that stuff if they want to...
Old 12-12-2005, 02:10 AM   #54
sina2b
USER INFO »
They had no agreement, if they did have an official agreement you can be sure that stapp would take them to court considering the ass he is.

And theres nothing wrong with stapp doing creed songs, but when I saw him do higher with gone blind he made a fool of himself and disrespected the song by singing it with a bunch of people who dont even know how to play it. If it was my a song that I had written I'd have much more respect and value for it, but then again he might of not even been aware that gone blind sucked at it considering that in my oponion hes not a technical musician, he just has a good voice.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:06 AM   #55
alterbridge9
USER INFO »
I just read this interview. Scott sure does come across as an arrogant prick
Old 12-12-2005, 03:09 AM   #56
alterbridge9
USER INFO »
And is he seriously claiming he wrote ALL Creed songs? There is no way in hell he wrote ANY of the riffs on any Creed albums. He should be able to play those songs live if he wants, but to say that he wrote them all is just totally lame.

I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he really took a nose dive in the wrong direction

His album is going to bomb and nobody is going to go to his gay concerts
Old 12-12-2005, 03:23 AM   #57
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) They had no agreement, if they did have an official agreement you can be sure that stapp would take them to court considering the ass he is.

that's a good point...

Quote: when I saw him do higher with gone blind he made a fool of himself and disrespected the song by singing it with a bunch of people who dont even know how to play it.

yeah, that performance WAS a little off...hopefully, he'll take this two months or so before his tour to work with a vocal coach to strengthen him up for the tour...
Old 12-12-2005, 04:06 AM   #58
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by alterbridge9) And is he seriously claiming he wrote ALL Creed songs? There is no way in hell he wrote ANY of the riffs on any Creed albums. He should be able to play those songs live if he wants, but to say that he wrote them all is just totally lame.

I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he really took a nose dive in the wrong direction

His album is going to bomb and nobody is going to go to his gay concerts

Generally I think that these guys dont have any agreements on anything, as they once loved each other, never thought theyd break up and overall they were kids back then with no experience, and the fact that they dont have an agreement is why theyre all claiming whatever the hell they want to claim, because nothings written down on paper in a legal form. However besides all that, if we use our own brains and exclude what stapp or tremonti has to say, we all know that Stapp can't even write a song on his own today, not to mention 10 years ago. But every moran would learn after 10 years and so did Stapp (a lil bit) and thats when he started influencing the songs as we can clearly see in wethered when you compare it too human clay or MOP; the guys couldnt take his input and split. Now compare AB and Scott (TGD), whose writing better songs? TGD might be creedish but it sure isnt even close to what mark wrote; maybe it sounds the same to a novice but i can sure distinct them from one another and Im no Rock Pro.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #59
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) Generally I think that these guys dont have any agreements on anything, as they once loved each other, never thought theyd break up and overall they were kids back then with no experience, and the fact that they dont have an agreement is why theyre all claiming whatever the hell they want to claim, because nothings written down on paper in a legal form. However besides all that, if we use our own brains and exclude what stapp or tremonti has to say, we all know that Stapp can't even write a song on his own today, not to mention 10 years ago. But every moran would learn after 10 years and so did Stapp (a lil bit) and thats when he started influencing the songs as we can clearly see in wethered when you compare it too human clay or MOP; the guys couldnt take his input and split. Now compare AB and Scott (TGD), whose writing better songs? TGD might be creedish but it sure isnt even close to what mark wrote; maybe it sounds the same to a novice but i can sure distinct them from one another and Im no Rock Pro.

Here's what I don't understand. You claim that Stapp's influence is more apparent in each disk as time progressed. You also, in earlier posts, equated talent to record sells. Weathered and Human Clay were both multiplatinum disks that resulted in Creed selling out nearly every arena they played at. So, using your logic, Stapp was essential to the success of Creed and created a sound that brought fame to the band. "Open Your Eyes" is also Creedish... as is "Down To My Last." Both Stapp and Tremonti still hold on to the Creed sound because it's what made them famous. I hate to say it... but Alter Bridge will, most likely, never reach the status that Creed once had... and neither will Stapp.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #60
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by alterbridge9) I just read this interview. Scott sure does come across as an arrogant prick

... get off your knees and stop slobin' on Alter Bridge's knob. Scott could donate a million dollars to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and you would still say that.