++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #61
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) well, all I'm saying is that Plant has NEVER hit, held, and vibrated a high note for as long as Myles does on "Save Me", FTR, or "Summergirl"...and, if you listen to Plant live (and I'm talking PRIME Plant live, as on the LZ dvd) you'll see that he and Myles handle their range about the same way...the "ease" that you're talking about would be evinced by vibrato, and Myles does more vibrato on the higher notes than Plant does...
I don't know if it's so much vibrato, but I just think Plant sounds better than Myles does. The sound is fuller to me. I'm not sure how else to articulate it. Plant's voice just sounded more natural at the higher notes than Myles does. I guess we part company here, LOL. I like that phrase.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:32 AM   #62
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, and can you recommend a good KWS band record that I could try to check out Noah? Thanks.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:35 AM   #63
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I don't know if it's so much vibrato, but I just think Plant sounds better than Myles does. The sound is fuller to me. I'm not sure how else to articulate it. Plant's voice just sounded more natural at the higher notes than Myles does. I guess we part company here, LOL. I like that phrase.

well, I obviously can't argue with you about who YOU think sounds better, so, LOL, it's all good...both of them are on my top 5 ever, and, well, Myles is obviously a big Plant fan, and I'm sure that Myles would probably say that Plant is better than him, too...LOL...in fact, Myles habitually watches the LZ dvd (disc two) before performing...Flip is also a big John Bonham fan...
Old 12-11-2005, 02:37 AM   #64
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Oh, and can you recommend a good KWS band record that I could try to check out Noah? Thanks.

get the cd Live On...it's KWS's third album, and, well, there's a song called "Every Time It Rains", and Noah goes LOW on that one...LOL...everytime I sing that song, I can get that low, but I can't vibrate it like he does...and, to see his picture, you wouldn't think such a babyface has a voice like that...very bluesy...
Old 12-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #65
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) well, I obviously can't argue with you about who YOU think sounds better, so, LOL, it's all good...both of them are on my top 5 ever, and, well, Myles is obviously a big Plant fan, and I'm sure that Myles would probably say that Plant is better than him, too...LOL...in fact, Myles habitually watches the LZ dvd (disc two) before performing...Flip is also a big John Bonham fan...
LOL! That's too funny about Myles. And hell yeah, they are both awesome. And thanks for the KWS suggestion. I'm putting that one on my list.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:08 AM   #66
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Myles is more of a show of than Stapp, without offending anybody he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar I dont like his image, it doesnt suit Tremo, Flip, or Brian. HIs taking the whole rockstar thing too far, end of the day our makers gone away..

I think I know what your talking about. I've seen the baseball thing they performed at, and that one performance on that talk show (can't remember now which one) but Myles is just...odd.

Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant. Almost like he has no feeling whatsoever for the lyrics or music. As far as the movements go, he shakes his leg excessively and hangs his arms over the mic stand as if he's been crucified. LMAO at that too. Man doesn't know how to work the crowd imo. He seems stuffy, and a bit snobbish, as if he's saying "look at me, look at what I've done". Sure Myles can sing, and hold notes, and hit the right range, (I just don't like listening to him) but for me, there's more to it than that. But that's just me.

I've seen Shinedown (their lead singer is kick ass), Seether, Submersed, 12 Stones live, and they all, every one of them have better lead singers/band as a whole when it comes to performance and execution of their music. Their lead singers can work it and sing it at the same time, and they do it well. Even though I've not seen them perform live, Aaron Lewis/Staind is damn good, you can see it in their videos. Godsmack too.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #67
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Vliegs) My bad, sorry I felt the need to fire back at someone who was attacking a singer whose performances and songs I enjoy and a person here on the BB who I've known for awhile through other bbs as well by basically telling her she's a freak for seeing said singer so many times.

Awww, that's nothing. Try being a Stapp fan. Talk about getting your ass chapped.

Anyone up for some cross climbing?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:22 AM   #68
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Although Ive never seen either band live, I have seen alot of bootlegs and although I had some trouble getting used to Myles I find him to have just as much stage prescence as Stapp does.

As for not feeling the lyrics or music, Im not sure how much he wrote on ODR but I think Mark wrote alot of them which could explain your point. Maybe next album with Myles writing and having more input you will see more feeling from him for the lyrics/music.

Everyone is not going to enjoy Myles or any other lead singer for that matter but it doesnt mean you should disrespect him. Im sure there are people who think Weiland running around the stage dressed up in various costumes is stupid and laughable or Reznor smashing guitars, microphones etc. Even Stapp with his Jesus Christ-like poses and dry humping his band members looks fucking stupid to lots of people.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick

Last edited by Muad'Dib : 12-11-2005 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:03 AM   #69
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Don't forgett Axl Rose, he's crazy on stage, running all over the stage in his underware changeing shirts all the time and stuff... Everyone have their own stage preformance... And Myles not having feelings for the lyrrics I can't agree... I think he's got great feelings for them... But yes they can be better, lets just watch next album and toure
Old 12-11-2005, 07:54 AM   #70
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) He seems stuffy, and a bit snobbish, as if he's saying "look at me, look at what I've done". Sure Myles can sing, and hold notes, and hit the right range, (I just don't like listening to him) but for me, there's more to it than that. But that's just me.

Snobbish? I know it MUST be possible for you to be MORE wrong, but nothing is coming to mind at present...you've got him mixed up with Stapp...Myles (along with every other member of AB) will stand outside in freezing temperatures talking to the fans after a show and signing whatever you want him to...Stapp, not so much, as in NOT EVER...if you're a Stapp fan, and you're talking about how MYLES is snobbish and arrogant, I think you need to find your way over to Merriam-Webster Online and redefine those terms for yourself...

Quote: hangs his arms over the mic stand as if he's been crucified.

If you're a Stapp fan, you are the LAST person to be throwing stones here...again, you seem to be a little mixed up, as you seem to be referring to the "Jesus Christ Pose" that Stapp the "Leather Messiah" has PERFECTED...seen a Creed video EVER? Watch WAWO and let's hear about your theories on simulated crucifixtion...

Quote: Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant.

Is that right? Well...I could find you TONS of pictures to prove you WRONG, but, well, we'll start here:

http://www.axlar.com/site/index.php?p=abp

if you need anymore, look around...

Last edited by evyllsummer : 12-11-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #71
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I think I know what your talking about. I've seen the baseball thing they performed at, and that one performance on that talk show (can't remember now which one) but Myles is just...odd.

Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant. Almost like he has no feeling whatsoever for the lyrics or music. As far as the movements go, he shakes his leg excessively and hangs his arms over the mic stand as if he's been crucified. LMAO at that too. Man doesn't know how to work the crowd imo. He seems stuffy, and a bit snobbish, as if he's saying "look at me, look at what I've done". Sure Myles can sing, and hold notes, and hit the right range, (I just don't like listening to him) but for me, there's more to it than that. But that's just me.

I've seen Shinedown (their lead singer is kick ass), Seether, Submersed, 12 Stones live, and they all, every one of them have better lead singers/band as a whole when it comes to performance and execution of their music. Their lead singers can work it and sing it at the same time, and they do it well. Even though I've not seen them perform live, Aaron Lewis/Staind is damn good, you can see it in their videos. Godsmack too.

Thank you finally sum1 understands exactly what I mean, TERIB19 thats my explanation for you aswell.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #72
geletmote
USER INFO »
Stop comparing MYLES to ROBERT PLANT, myles is a robert plant disciple and thats the truth.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 AM   #73
geletmote
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) That was directed to Ana, not to you cause she said it wasn't her problem. I think you have a big problem called "envy". And i think you stopped growing up as a person since Creed broke up...the one who has a pro is you man. I feel really proud that i saw AB 9 times and that i met them those times cause they are awesome people/musician. What you can talk about? Stapp?Oh no, cause you didnt meet him Like i told you before, stop patronize me and get a life...and start for respecting people thinking your opinion is better than others.

yeh thats wonderful, hows the papa roach dvd going?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #74
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) Stop comparing MYLES to ROBERT PLANT, myles is a robert plant disciple and thats the truth.

I'll make it easy for you...show me where Plant hits, holds, and vibrates a note like Myles does on "Save Me", "Find The Real", or "Summergirl"...that's all you have to do...get back to me...
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #75
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) yeh thats wonderful, hows the papa roach dvd going?

you are really a sarcastic person....like if you care about it.