++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2005, 05:27 PM   #16
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Nice to see everyone else slowly realize what us fans in Chicago discovered 3 years ago.

Told ya so...
Old 12-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #17
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) ^^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the Foo Fighters been around longer than Creed?

LOL...yeah, Steve, the Foo Fighters first album came out in 1995, and enjoyed lucrative success with their 1997 album The Colour And The Shape...neither album sounded like Creed, since Creed's first album was 1997...and, as for the rest of the Foo Fighters canon, it doesn't sound a lot like Creed, either...and why in the hell would Grohl want to steal ANYTHING from Creed, anyway, as he played in a little known band from Seattle named Nirvana...
Old 12-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) they have no right at all. They have tried to steal creed's sound and are still trying. listen to them from learn to fly to today "exaxctly"
look at what equipment they use and what creed used exactly the same amp set up and they even used a prs when recording. also dave grohl uses the mic scott has used for years.

so I think the dave grohl deserves all the comments (if any were actually said)
I'm sorry, but you're wrong on this. Foo Fighters started before Creed, plus, they sound nothing alike, regardless of the equipment used. Dave Grohl is way more talented than Scott Stapp could ever hope to be.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #19
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) they have no right at all. They have tried to steal creed's sound and are still trying. listen to them from learn to fly to today "exaxctly"
look at what equipment they use and what creed used exactly the same amp set up and they even used a prs when recording. also dave grohl uses the mic scott has used for years.

so I think the dave grohl deserves all the comments (if any were actually said)

WHAT??? Foo Fighters sounds nothing like Creed ...and they are a pretty talented band who makes awesome music ...actually they are still alive but Creed...you know...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 12-01-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:03 AM   #20
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, like I said, I'm just going to wait until they air that show. It may or may not be true, and that's why I am waiting to see it for myself.

Same here.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:21 AM   #21
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) lol the Foo Fighters have dissed Stapp since 2000 and I've heard that Bono is a dick. Stapp makes a better bad ass, tortured Christian as opposed to a pacifist. He's coming out swinging these days... and I honestly don't care. The guy is the butt of all jokes... he has nothing to lose.
You may be on to something!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:25 AM   #22
facelessmike
USER INFO »
[quote=RMadd]
but, all kidding aside, it looks like Stapp was merely trying to put on his good, reborn Christian face a few months to a year ago merely for some good publicity. now he appears to be hopelessly out of control.[quote]

Apparently he's a really mean drunk. Its pretty clear he needs some help with alcohol. He claims to be such a good father; he needs to do it for Jagger. And then he can write his next album: "The Great Sobriety" about it all...

Last edited by facelessmike : 12-02-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #23
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) ^^ Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the Foo Fighters been around longer than Creed?

yes but they complete;ly changed their sound and the exuipment they used AFTER creed, which I am sure is no coincidence.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #24
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Wow. How can you even come back after that one? Anyone care to help me? LOL

BTW, look here: http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/list.html - all those bands use PRS guitars. There's bound to be some bands that also use the same amps, monitors, mics, etc. that Creed did. I'm sure those bands ripped off Creed's sound as well because we all know that no other band in the world is allowed to use the same combination of equipment that Creed did without wanting to copy them.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 12-02-2005, 10:53 AM   #25
Stappishot
USER INFO »
It seems to me that Stapp's not happy, people drink cause they have problems in there life. I should know, I know a couple of people in my life right now who drink away there problems (sort to speak). I don't think he's happy in his relationship with his new girlfriend either. Cause if he was, do u think he would be acting this way? Just like he said on the back of his booklet of the great divide, He called his girlfriend his rock, but if she was his rock, he would do anything for her. He would stop drinking and become better Christian, right? I don't think he's ready to be the person that he wants to be. It doesn't seem like he's happy with his life and the things around him, I think Stapp needs help and he needs to find it fast. He could lose a lot of fans like this as well. I mean I'm not one of them that he will lose, but some people out there may not wanna put up with his bs for long.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #26
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by adparaiki) yes but they complete;ly changed their sound and the exuipment they used AFTER creed, which I am sure is no coincidence.

um, they were successful BEFORE Creed...their albums AFTER Creed sound like their albums BEFORE Creed...if you were to actually hear "The Colour And The Shape", you would realize that they are capable of LOTS of different approaches...LOL...well, MOST would realize it, anyway...the Foo Fighters have NOT changed their sound appreciably...any song that they released AFTER "The Colour And The Shape", I can show you a song on TCATS that is the precursor to that sound...I mean, if you're going to go for a band that MIGHT have lifted a bit of the Creed sound, you MIGHT want to go into the Three Doors Down direction or something, but you've got nothing on the Foo Fighters...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) you MIGHT want to go into the Three Doors Down direction or something

Or Nickelback or Puddle of Mudd or Default or *insert currently popular "rock" band that is regularly played on pop radio*. I totally agree; the Foo Fighters are not Creed rip-offs. They've got their own sound and they're a very good band.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #28
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Or Nickelback or Puddle of Mudd or Default or *insert currently popular "rock" band that is regularly played on pop radio*. I totally agree; the Foo Fighters are not Creed rip-offs. They've got their own sound and they're a very good band.

yeah, I'll agree that Creed HAS influenced more than a few bands, as ANY hugely successful rock band will...I didn't want to name drop too much, though, as I don't listen to enough of those bands to really give specific examples...LOL...but, I have a few Foo Fighters albums, so I could fight on THAT hill...LOL...
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
Definitely. When you think about it, without Creed making it big in '99 on mainstream radio, maybe Nickelback, Staind, Hoobastank, Default, 3DD etc. etc. wouldn't have made it big on pop radio. Creed has definitely influenced a lot of the bands currently on mainstream radio.

Shockingly, I don't even own a Foo Fighters album. My bros all do, though, so I know a fair bit of their music. I plan on buying their newest eventually.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #30
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Definitely. When you think about it, without Creed making it big in '99 on mainstream radio, maybe Nickelback, Staind, Hoobastank, Default, 3DD etc. etc. wouldn't have made it big on pop radio. Creed has definitely influenced a lot of the bands currently on mainstream radio..

I agree...and, unfortunately, since I wasn't much of a Creed fan, I definitely didn't think that was a good thing...however, as I am an AB fan, I have tremendous respect for Mark and his music...

Quote: Shockingly, I don't even own a Foo Fighters album. My bros all do, though, so I know a fair bit of their music. I plan on buying their newest eventually.

well, I can't recommend The Colour And The Shape enough...it's their best album, and it's pretty versatile, so, if you dig that album, it would be safe to delve into more...