++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 PM   #16
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ALECIA326) Well I am new here but I thought I would post my review.. Okay I really like th album but I do not love it.. My favorite is probably Broken. It is worth it to buy it. But I think both AB and TGD are good not great they just seem great together.( writing the songs and all) Scott and Mark together seem great. I don't think it was all Scott and I don't think it was all Mark. I think they did it together and very well. Does that make sense. I like AB but I just don't like Myles voice I really don't know why it is great just not for me. But that is my review as short and sweet as I could get it.
Alecia, first of all, welcome to the board. So nice to see someone join up and post in this manner. Not that everyone new to the board hasn't been a little slice of heaven, but most come here and voice their opinion in this manner:

Stapp is awesome, AB sucks. OR. AB is awesome, Stapp sucks.

So it's very refreshing to see someone new to the board post respectfully, saying that while some may like Myles' voice, it's not for everybody. I like that. Hope you stay around!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #17
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Just heard TGD for the first time......

Stapp is trying so hard to hang onto Creed it's sickening.

I was a HUGE Creed fan and I was really hoping to like this album, but I just can't. It's pure wannabe-Creed, and not in a good way either! I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy a few hooks here and there, like on "Broken" and "Sublime" and even "TGD." But overall, the guitars are weak, the drums aren't powerful, and Scott sounds worse than ever.

Thank you Alter Bridge for continuing on in a new direction and not living in the past.

AB4LIFE

Last edited by Chris98GT : 11-22-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #18
Oluf
USER INFO »
A lot of the songs are quite creedish I agree.
However there are also songs as Justify and Broken that really stands out and shows that he is able to make a new kind of music as well... I truely hopes he continues down that path instead of playing it safe.
Overall I think its a decent album and scores a 5/10 from me... If there had just been one more Justifyish song it would have gotten a higher score

edit: oh and yeah it is really a shame that the first song, is one of the worst songs on the albums..but that is hardly stapps bad
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice
Old 11-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
ALECIA326
USER INFO »
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you that welcomed me.. I will probably stay around. I don't think this board is alot like the others.(you know what I mean you have to be on one side or another)
Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hi, Alecia, and welcome aboard . No, this place isn't like a lot of other places. People here are generally respectful of each other, though there are a few tussles here and there. It's the nicest board I've ever been on . Hope you enjoy your stay here.

And Oluf, welcome to you as well. I agree with you on Justify. A few more songs that took risks and I might have actually liked this album
Old 11-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #21
Oluf
USER INFO »
*cough* Joined: Sep 2003 *cough*

ok ok I havent been that active on this forum so you could claim that I am new here hehe
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice
Old 11-24-2005, 01:04 PM   #22
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »
I have to admit, his new CD sounds a little Creed-ish especially the first couple of songs, but all in all, great effort
Old 11-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Oluf) *cough* Joined: Sep 2003 *cough*

ok ok I havent been that active on this forum so you could claim that I am new here hehe
LOL, I was noting your post count, haha. Sorry 'bout that. Well, welcome to the posting world .
Old 11-27-2005, 12:57 AM   #24
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Stapp Review

For me this is an awesome cd for Scott. I think it'll do better than Alterbridge's One day Remains. That is just my opinion though, Wind Up seems to be promoting better than Alterbridge. I think Scott will be just fine.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #25
Robin101
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) For me this is an awesome cd for Scott. I think it'll do better than Alterbridge's One day Remains. That is just my opinion though, Wind Up seems to be promoting better than Alterbridge. I think Scott will be just fine.

It does seem that Wind-Up have put everything behind Stapp. While I was walking back from the AB Bristol gig (amazing) on Sunday I thought 'While AB were performing in front of 1200 fans in Bristol on a cold, wet night, Scott Stapp is performing the National Anthem in front of thousands, upon thousands of people and millions worldwide for Nascar'.

I think the CD will do very well. If it doesn't nobody can blame W-U.

Take Care

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 11-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #26
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) It does seem that Wind-Up have put everything behind Stapp. While I was walking back from the AB Bristol gig (amazing) on Sunday I thought 'While AB were performing in front of 1200 fans in Bristol on a cold, wet night, Scott Stapp is performing the National Anthem in front of thousands, upon thousands of people and millions worldwide for Nascar'.

Seriously, if I was mark termonti I would leave WU and ditch them in 2 seconds cause they cant grow as much as they should since scott is getting all the attention, not only this will boost scotts career but its bad for AB's as people will think theyre loosers once scott gets all the attention.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 AM   #27
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Mullet, you should do Hollywood reviews!

Mullet, I just got on here, and your review hits to a T my opinion.
Seeing him on Regis and Kelly yesterday makes your first paragraph the strongest out there. It really concerns me for him to tour when he seems to be straining so hard to hit high notes. On both Leno and Regis, he did not stretch his voice to the capability he has, disappointing.
Should the straining continue, will he need to go back on meds? What will his tour do to him?
I also agree about wanting a swift kick in the ass to AB. I love Myles! Don't get me wrong, but I like that Scott has kept his mouth shut about most of this (granted, he was responsible his share!), but still he hasn't done any back stabbing and even thanked the rest of the guys in his album (probably while biting through his lip).
Anyway Mullet, thanks for the inspiring review. You should do movies!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #28
facelessmike
USER INFO »
I was also glad to see that he thanked the guys on TGD...even though they probably would laugh at it.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #29
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
He took the high road I guess.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:00 AM   #30
ctfan
USER INFO »
It's a great cd!! Couple of my faves are Justify, Hard Way, Let Me Go, TGD, and Reach Out. Awesome diversity!