++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #76
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Yeah, I agree with that. My whole point of all the posts I have made in this thread is that I'd like to see all this Stapp bashing from Mark stop. I'd like to see Mark talk more about Alter Bridge, and not so much about Creed. I also agree that the media needs to stop asking the Creed/Stapp question. But you know the media, so that's not going to happen.

You know what Titan9.
When a person lives on hell and he cant say a word about what he is living it takes time to come back to normal. And what Mark is doing now is a very big relief cos if he is asked about Creed, he will ask and he will do it saying what he couldnt say at the time he was living on hell. So if you dont wanna hear Mark talking about what happened to him, dont read it.

Rock on!!
Old 01-22-2005, 12:16 PM   #77
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, that's definitely brave. As I've said, it's always great to see people come back to God.
Yeah... And about the Stapp bashing stuff... It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #78
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Actually, every Christian is meant to be evangelical with the gifts and talents God has given. I don't think you have to explicitly say, "Hey you believe in God, or burn in Hell," actually I think thats half wrong, It's a way of life, and I think that if you proclaim to be something you better back it up. If I told everyone here that I was a better guitar player than Mark, I should find a way to back that up, like record an album, or post a mp3 of my work, so I could back up that claim. But if I said that, but did nothing about it, you all would presume I am a liar, yay?

I don't want to get off topic but I feel I must try and clarify my original point.

Stapp never came out and said he was any type of Christian. He never said anything at all, in fact, merely that Creed was not a Christian rock band. My point was that the whole Christian thing came about because well...people are dumb. You see, Scott made reference to Gabriel and God in MOP and so they assumed he the perfect, evangelical Christian. Like I said before, if people assume Evanescence is a Christian band then the attitude and appearance you put forth really doesn't mean a damn thing.

Okay, now I'm done.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #79
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah... And about the Stapp bashing stuff... It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

That's true. I thought about that possibility......

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #80
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by AndrewFromABRox) Is it just me or do they seem to be more anti-creed with every interveiw, I mean im not stapps biggest fan but its getting really blown up in my mind. Either they are just now opening up or they are having fun with this and saying its a little more than it was, or maybe mark shouldnt have reached for the last drink, maybe him and the other guys were a little "loose?".

They are just now starting to open up...I think it is good for them too do so, they have had to keep sooooo much information hush hush for soooo long. Everything they said was true....and there is soooooo much more.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #81
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HigherGirl) "Can't we all just get along"? (sorry, had to say it..)

I think both parties should move on, I LOVE Stapp and AB, Creed has broken up, and they should move on with their careers and just be HAPPY..

I feel they have moved on....the guys are VERY happy with the new band and music....but as long as they have interviews, Stapp will always be one of the topics that will be asked about....enquireing minds want too know!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 06:39 PM   #82
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Mark doesn't do drugs, I'm sure. He's so upset with his health and stuff... And I just can't see him working with people who are doing drugs. Especially not on tour. If they get drunk, so what? Just not infront of the fans or on stage. But drugs - well, I hope we will get a full story about this. I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

No...they do not do drugs...Yes Brian is a christian....
Old 01-22-2005, 08:31 PM   #83
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:26 PM   #84
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) They are just now starting to open up...I think it is good for them too do so, they have had to keep sooooo much information hush hush for soooo long. Everything they said was true....and there is soooooo much more.
I agree 100% Although it may appear as though they've been talking about it for months, I don't think they have. I think that for months they've been skirting the issue as best they can, while still remaining true to their own convictions about what happened. If Stapp wants to make nice for the public by not airing their dirty laundry, well good for him...that fits right in line with his hypocritcal nature <--- my opinion. Personally, I'm glad that they loosened up a bit in the Kerrang article
Old 01-22-2005, 11:26 PM   #85
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I don't want to get off topic but I feel I must try and clarify my original point.

Stapp never came out and said he was any type of Christian. He never said anything at all, in fact, merely that Creed was not a Christian rock band. My point was that the whole Christian thing came about because well...people are dumb. You see, Scott made reference to Gabriel and God in MOP and so they assumed he the perfect, evangelical Christian. Like I said before, if people assume Evanescence is a Christian band then the attitude and appearance you put forth really doesn't mean a damn thing.

Okay, now I'm done.

Evanescence was a Christian band. Not anymore.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:39 AM   #86
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) No...they do not do drugs...Yes Brian is a christian....
Eh, yeah, that's what I just said.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-23-2005, 11:46 AM   #87
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Eh, yeah, that's what I just said.

She was confirming that Lith... she's Brian's aunt? I believe...

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-23-2005, 11:56 AM   #88
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.
such as? I'd like to hear that tape!

Let's start the dirty laundry! LOL!

j/k!
Old 01-23-2005, 12:06 PM   #89
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) such as? I'd like to hear that tape!

Let's start the dirty laundry! LOL!

j/k!

I'd like to hear the tape, too. Not to start dirty laundry, though. But rather to confirm that Mark actually said everything that was posted.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #90
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
and you would know of course

Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.

and isn't it SO much FUN to allude to there being ALOT more said....(which I'm sure there was, I don't doubt that for a minute)...and that you KNOW all of it but won't share? I bet you feel pretty special to be included in the "in the know, I can allude, but can't share" club I think it's great..and it must be fun to come to the various bb's and make a statement like that...just to get people wondering what else was said. I bet your pm boxes are loaded, people asking for details and such, but yet you can't talk about it openly on the bb's...just allude. How fun that must be!

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Closed Thread