++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-28-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
More Info From Mark On Stapp...

I am just copying this off another AB forum, but Mark apparently did an interview the Red Eye in Chicago:

HOW DID YOU HOOK UP WITH MYLES?
His band, the Mayfield Four, opened up for Creed in 98, and he's always had the reputation for being the baddest singer out there. When we had heard that Mayfield Four broke up and Creed was coming to an end; he was the first guy on our list to call.

WILL YOU PLAY ANY CREED MATERIAL LIVE?
No, we're gonna do the enire Alter Bridge album and then take requests from our fans online to do covers, but no Creed songs.

(THAT'S US!!! WE MADE THE INERVIEW! wOOt!)

THE LAST TIME CREED PLAYED IN CHICAGO, IT WAS A DISASTROUS SHOW AT HE ALLSTATE THAT WOUND UP WITH A CIVIL SUIT FILED BY ANNOYED TICKET HOLDERS. CARE TO TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT?
Scott (Stapp) and I have different dressing rooms, and before the show we met in the hall. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn't himself. I got on hm about it and said, "How could you be like this before a show, expecially here in Chicago?" He aced like it was nothing and he swore he could do the show. I was pissed, but we went out on stage, and after 6 songs he walked off stage. I got on the mic and told the crowd that I'd be right back after I found out what Scot was up to. So I had to go chase him off stage into the dressing room and ask him what he was doing. He thought the show was over. So I said, "The show's not over. We gotta finish it." He said, "Oh Sorry." He follows me back on the stage and lied down for a few songs... We had lost contat so much before that. I had no idea wha he was doing before the show or three shows before that. All I know is we never got any closure out of that.

WAS THERE ONE POINT WHEN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE?
We had one conversation where we were supposed to get together one day, and I told Scott, "I think it's too late." Scot went off on me a little bit, and then gavve me a call back a few months later and we had a alk, and that was the last time we spoke.

~Blair R. Fischer is a redeye special conribuor.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 09-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
hmmmm.... so the truth comes out, eh? i was actually kinda surprised he talked about the infamous Chicago show so in-depth.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
me too... I think as the time goes by, we'll learn more stuff.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
i too was surprised he was so open about that night. as i was reading i was thinking what the hell was scott doing? i guess we'll never know the full picture but at least some info is coming out and from both sides.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-28-2004, 11:17 AM   #5
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I think Marcos is right... Due to Stapp he wasn't on drugs, but some medication 'cause he was depressed.

Robyn, you know anything 'bout that?

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #6
Frankie
USER INFO »
I'm not Robyn...and I am not saying what or what isn't the truth...but just showing you that Scott did address the Chicago show more than a month ago.
From KATT interview on 8/13

Actually, you want me to explain that “pass out”? I was very sick and I had exhaustion that night and like I said I was dealing with a case of pneumonia and some other things that I had kept to myself and kind of patched up with Prednisone. And that night I was just exhausted and I performed and sang every song. And during a song called Who’s Got My Back I kind of just got depressed and was like “Why am I even up here?” You know? “Do the people around me care more about making money than my health?” And I kind of got depressed and I looked at the crowd and I said “Who’s got my back?” and I kind of shrugged my shoulders. And then I looked back at my band and, in something that I regret doing and wish I could take back, I kind of shook my head and then said “Uh, nobody’s got my back,” and then I laid down on stage and sang the song. So it was kind of airing some family laundry on stage. And a couple of guys who had poor seats and basically were looking for a reason to try to sue us for two million dollars picked that night. And it got thrown out of court three or four times. The judge kind of made a mockery of them, you know, they were kind of gold digging. But at the end of the day I think that they brought attention to a point in time in the band’s career and in my personal life where we were just burnt out. And I had a lot of health problems and I expressed some frustration on stage that even though it was kind of under my breath, you know, probably hurt some people’s feelings and I feel bad about that and I apologize for that. At the end of the day, the show did happen and every song happened and I even played the show for the judge. So that was blown out of proportion. In retrospect it’s kind of funny but I know it hurt a lot of people and brought a lot of negative attention to something that was so positive and if I could take it back I would.

Edited to bold the word Prednisone for Lith.
In the clip from the CNN interview, Scott mentions he was also taking an anti-depressent...but did not name it specifically.
Both of these interviews are up at the PBF website.

Last edited by Frankie : 09-28-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:53 AM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, I heard that, but I'd like to know what he was taking!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #8
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Yeah, I heard that, but I'd like to know what he was taking!!

why, Lith?...the man himself stated what was going on...he was ill, exausted, feeling depressed and was taking prednisone...have you ever been so sick that you just basically lost touch with things going on around you?

When you have pneumonia, you run a fever...fevers can make you appear to be on "something"...

don't know if he was running a fever...but just a thought

This posting of "WHAT MARK SAID" once again just goes to show a lack of communication...which stapp himself has alluded to in recent interviews...

i've been really sick..and pushed myself to the point of exhaustion...because there were things i felt i had to do...possibly that's what happend in the Chicago situation too...as i said, just my thoughts on different possibilities.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 09-28-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #9
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I am just copying this off another AB forum, but Mark apparently did an interview the Red Eye in Chicago:

HOW DID YOU HOOK UP WITH MYLES?
His band, the Mayfield Four, opened up for Creed in 98, and he's always had the reputation for being the baddest singer out there. When we had heard that Mayfield Four broke up and Creed was coming to an end; he was the first guy on our list to call.

WILL YOU PLAY ANY CREED MATERIAL LIVE?
No, we're gonna do the enire Alter Bridge album and then take requests from our fans online to do covers, but no Creed songs.

(THAT'S US!!! WE MADE THE INERVIEW! wOOt!)

THE LAST TIME CREED PLAYED IN CHICAGO, IT WAS A DISASTROUS SHOW AT HE ALLSTATE THAT WOUND UP WITH A CIVIL SUIT FILED BY ANNOYED TICKET HOLDERS. CARE TO TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT?
Scott (Stapp) and I have different dressing rooms, and before the show we met in the hall. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn't himself. I got on hm about it and said, "How could you be like this before a show, expecially here in Chicago?" He aced like it was nothing and he swore he could do the show. I was pissed, but we went out on stage, and after 6 songs he walked off stage. I got on the mic and told the crowd that I'd be right back after I found out what Scot was up to. So I had to go chase him off stage into the dressing room and ask him what he was doing. He thought the show was over. So I said, "The show's not over. We gotta finish it." He said, "Oh Sorry." He follows me back on the stage and lied down for a few songs... We had lost contat so much before that. I had no idea wha he was doing before the show or three shows before that. All I know is we never got any closure out of that.

WAS THERE ONE POINT WHEN YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE?
We had one conversation where we were supposed to get together one day, and I told Scott, "I think it's too late." Scot went off on me a little bit, and then gavve me a call back a few months later and we had a alk, and that was the last time we spoke.

~Blair R. Fischer is a redeye special conribuor.
I think that might help close the Creed reunion hopes.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #10
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Well, I don't mind if people hope for it, but it just won't happen

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-28-2004, 07:58 PM   #11
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Well, glory be! He recovered from that near-death state from the pneumonia-related fever and performed again on 12/31 and had absolutely none of those nasty problems lingering around! It musta been a miracle!!!

(yes I was there and saw *that* with my own 2 eyes )
Old 09-28-2004, 07:59 PM   #12
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
And BTW Steve...you're just posting this information to try and stir the shitpot again. Your intentions in posting this type of thing are just vile and are not appreciated by the fine Stapp worshi....I mean, Stapp *fans* on this board! [/sarcasm]

Old 09-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) Well, glory be! He recovered from that near-death state from the pneumonia-related fever and performed again on 12/31 and had absolutely none of those nasty problems lingering around! It musta been a miracle!!!

(yes I was there and saw *that* with my own 2 eyes )

So did I. That NYE show was the best of the four times I saw Creed on the Weathered tour.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:33 PM   #14
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) So did I. That NYE show was the best of the four times I saw Creed on the Weathered tour.
<<<<<<<<<<< wishes he was there
Old 09-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Awwww, Marcos...me, too!