++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #16
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow)
Lith, you seem to only have one view of things.

LOL, and you don't?

Drop the double standard.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:52 PM   #17
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Lith, you seem to only have one view of things.
Ehh... Yeeaah, I got my view - you got your view.

Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) LOL, and you don't?

Right on!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) LOL, and you don't?

Hey NEWBIE - you have absolutely no clue. Mind your own business.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:46 PM   #19
Shadow
USER INFO »
Let me post some comments from Mark (interviews from when Weathered dropped)

Quote: "Scott writes 90 to 95 per cent of the lyrics, and he was brought up in a real religious family," Tremonti said. "His reference point in spiritual things has always been his studies with the Bible."

Quote: Another interview of mark's
It was great to meet Scott because I never had the patience to write quality lyrics. I would always get an idea for the melody down on my little four-track, I would put in my little Dr. Rhythm drum track. Then I would put down a melody with stupid words, whereas Scott would always have killer words ready for me" -- Mark Tremonti

Quote: "What Scott's real good at is songs like Unforgiven. I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like Sister and Unforgiven." -- Mark Tremonti

Quote: From michael himself about MOP...

On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist.

Last edited by Shadow : 09-23-2004 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #20
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
"Let me post some comments from Mark (interviews from when Weathered dropped)

Quote: "Scott writes 90 to 95 per cent of the lyrics, and he was brought up in a real religious family," Tremonti said. "His reference point in spiritual things has always been his studies with the Bible."

Quote: Another interview of mark's
It was great to meet Scott because I never had the patience to write quality lyrics. I would always get an idea for the melody down on my little four-track, I would put in my little Dr. Rhythm drum track. Then I would put down a melody with stupid words, whereas Scott would always have killer words ready for me" -- Mark Tremonti

Quote: "What Scott's real good at is songs like Unforgiven. I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like Sister and Unforgiven." -- Mark Tremonti

Quote: From michael himself about MOP...

On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist."

Thank You Shadow!
Old 09-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #21
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Hey NEWBIE - you have absolutely no clue. Mind your own business.
Come on Robyn, just because he's/she's new it doesn't mean you have to be right!! You do only see things of one view! And so do I.

Yes, I know those quotes, but it just seems weird to me...

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #22
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) I believe it if it comes from the band

I believe what I read...and I've read the lyrics to every Alter Bridge song. The stuff coming from Creed wasn't, for the most part, coming from Mark Tremonti. Not saying he didn't contribute. If it wasn't Stapp....I don't know who it was....but when you compare lyrics from both side by side.....its pretty obvious.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:21 PM   #23
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, but the fact this interview says something totally different is weird. And also Micheal said "Creed fans would be surprised if they only knew how many lyrics Mark writes". I know he did very many to Human Clay!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 05:29 PM   #24
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Yeah, but the fact this interview says something totally different is weird. And also Micheal said "Creed fans would be surprised if they only knew how many lyrics Mark writes". I know he did very many to Human Clay!!

Well that certainly isn't obvious to me after reading the lyrics to ODR....
sorry
Old 09-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #25
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Don't feel sorry for me, we're just discussing facts

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #26
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Don't feel sorry for me, we're just discussing facts

I wasn't indicating that I feel sorry "for" you....I was simply saying....sorry....I don't agree.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:21 PM   #27
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Hey NEWBIE - you have absolutely no clue. Mind your own business.

Lol, newbie? Isn't that a term that little kids on online games use? And plus you will see a lot of posts out of me.

If it matters i am a guy......
Old 09-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think Ann is right in that the writer might have messed up. Even if it says the words, with Creed, the context of the sentence is in relation to AB's music. It definitely can be read both ways, I guess...That writer needed a good editor . Anyway, this is all really pointless to bicker over.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:53 PM   #29
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) You do only see things of one view! And so do I.

Yes, I know those quotes, but it just seems weird to me...
No, Lith, actually I don't. I am a Scott supporter 110% and you know that. But with each new interview that comes out Mark and Flip seem to change their story just a little. I've picked up some of the mags with AB on the cover (Guitar One and Metal Edge). They make their comments here and there and they are unnecessary. Publicly, Scott has said nothing but kind words about them. I'm not saying Scott is a saint, I know he is not. He has faults just like everybody else.

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) And also Micheal said "Creed fans would be surprised if they only knew how many lyrics Mark writes"
You have to realize that Michael is Mark's biggest supporter. He will stop at nothing to promote Mark and AB (as he rightly should). His biggest priority is Mark. Just keep that in mind. He has no loyalties to Scott anymore.

I really had hoped that this "battle" between AB and Stapp fans would cease to exist. I'm sorry that it hasn't. There are certain people (not pinpointing you Lith) that want to continue arguing.

All of a sudden Mark and Flip weren't happy in Creed. That's pretty funny because I can quote like crazy from interviews (both audio and video) that they were in Creed for the longevity.

Was Mark happy when he received a Grammy? Where they happy selling 30 millions records? Where they happy receiving award after award from Blockbuster, VH1 and Billboard? None of that would have been possible without Scott. How soon they forget. Aren't friendships supposed to last through good and bad times, no matter how bad things get?
Old 09-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #30
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) No, Lith, actually I don't. I am a Scott supporter 110% and you know that. But with each new interview that comes out Mark and Flip seem to change their story just a little. I've picked up some of the mags with AB on the cover (Guitar One and Metal Edge). They make their comments here and there and they are unnecessary. Publicly, Scott has said nothing but kind words about them. I'm not saying Scott is a saint, I know he is not. He has faults just like everybody else.

What things have they said that are unnessesary?
I haven't seen them say one thing "unkind" thing in any interview. If there is show me.

You have to realize that Michael is Mark's biggest supporter. He will stop at nothing to promote Mark and AB (as he rightly should). His biggest priority is Mark. Just keep that in mind. He has no loyalties to Scott anymore.

I really had hoped that this "battle" between AB and Stapp fans would cease to exist. I'm sorry that it hasn't. There are certain people (not pinpointing you Lith) that want to continue arguing.

And yet you continue to argue and put blame on the AB supporters instead of realizing that you continue to argue. Hence the double standard

All of a sudden Mark and Flip weren't happy in Creed. That's pretty funny because I can quote like crazy from interviews (both audio and video) that they were in Creed for the longevity.

Yeah i heard em say that too.....BEFORE the Weathered tour where it went down hill from there.

Was Mark happy when he received a Grammy? Where they happy selling 30 millions records? Where they happy receiving award after award from Blockbuster, VH1 and Billboard? None of that would have been possible without Scott. How soon they forget. Aren't friendships supposed to last through good and bad times, no matter how bad things get?

Do you think that Scott would have done it by himself? Its mutual, they both depended on one another, scott for the lyrics and tremonti for the guitar parts. Creed just stop functioning because they had different ideas on where to go musically and weather or not to tour or much or nor. I think that what all the interviews point to is that, lack of direction. Scott wanted to do less touring and keep the same style of creed, and tremonti wanted to tour a lot and do more of what he wanted.

Reponses Bolded