++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #46
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed to Record New Single?!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Finaldecision) To all the people who think Mark doesn't really care about Creed. Read this interview from April '09: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...reunion-205432
yes indeed I Believe He likes Creed, If there Is any Issuies Its Proabley All the stress Of Shuffling To Bands Getting One On The Road And Getting AB 3 Out And The Tour That Will Follow GOD BLESS CREED AND THE AB NATION...... Thank You Final
Old 05-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #47
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

@ Finaldecision - Actions speak louder than words my friend.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #48
Creed009
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Why would Tremonti wait when Scott is the one who came to him and basically said "I'm ready to do this."?

And personally, and I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I do like Full Circle overall better than Human Clay. That's always been my least favorite album.

That's not as crazy as the people who say that Full Circle is a terrible album. But I would say that Human Clay is probably the most popular Creed album among most Creed fans. But everyone has their own opinion.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #49
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

Not to add fuel to this fire, but:

It's also entirely possible that you all are looking at the extremes as far as possibilities are concerned. Either he is a sell out or he isn't.

It's far more likely (imo) that it's sort of a gray area in between.

Did he do it for money? Possibly.

If, for the sake of argument, he did, no one has gone further and asked why?

Isn't it entirely possible that since (as is well known) Alter Bridge owed a lot of money after the production of Blackbird and the tour that they decided to take a break from AB and do the Creed thing so they could get up enough money to continue AB in the first place?

It's entirely possible that Tremonti invested a huge amount of his own money and lost a lot of it through Alter Bridge. Let's face it, this kind of music isn't as popular as it once was and Alter Bridge doesn't have the best marketing going for them, so it's all word of mouth. If their expenses are on par or exceeding their income then they very well may have needed to do Creed just to be able to financially continue to do the thing they love.

I personally don't consider that to be selling out. If tremonti did the creed tour so he could buy himself a ferrari, sure.

Making a sacrifice to do music you may not enjoy as much to make some money to be able to continue the music you do is not selling out in my opinion.

Just food for thought.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #50
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) @ Finaldecision - Actions speak louder than words my friend.
yes indeed a phrase i,ve heared all my life but in a second glance it all depends on what actions you can use for certian momeants.... sometimes the actions we do wish to show comes out the wrong way when we are flying by brother getting caught up into hetic momeants Peace be with you
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #51
Krisoz26
USER INFO »

To say that Creed got back for money is just stupid. Bands make money from tours mainly they have tickets for like $10. Hardly going too rake it in with that.

As for never playing together I think Mark didn't realise how hard it would be too leave so much history behind school mates kids friends with each other etc. STP, Soundgarden have had similar backflips history/friendship is important these days

The main problem is Windup they don't seem to understand that things have changed now. It's like they just thought the name Creed would sell no promos is needed

ATM we have had alot of radio interviews with Slash, Mertallica etc to get their tours known nothing for Creed beforte their album. But Both of them have said how hard tours and cd's are hard to sell these days if big bands like them struggle to sell them Windup need to put more effort in.

Full circle is a great album I play them on random and it fits nicely in the collection. WInd up need to go for the next album
Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 AM   #52
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

The sad reality of it is WU owns EVERYTHING Creed related & who knows what it would take to get out of their deal. Plus the guys already have past bad blood from the AB departure so even though I'd love to see them sign with another label, it's highly unlikely they ever will.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #53
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

I thought this thread was about a new singe being recorded, not whether Mark is a sell out.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #54
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) I thought this thread was about a new singe being recorded, not whether Mark is a sell out.
ya know how fast a topic can take on another direction here we try to keep things on topic and have plenty of pm space to keep things in order as long as everybody dont bash each other its cool with me Peace Be With Ya
Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #55
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) I thought this thread was about a new singe being recorded, not whether Mark is a sell out.

---I think alot of us are critical of the fact that the guys are not playing their new music at any of their TV appearences..I myslef am also tired of hearing higher and with arms wide open..It really speaks volumes about how these guys feel about the new music when they are looking to write release another single 8 months after their CD has come out..Dont get me wrong I am happy to hear new Creed..How are people going to find out about your new music if on every tv spot you play 8 year old music..They should say screw it and play what they want..I dont get it..They choose rain..higher...wawo..ect..stupid..Noone wants commerical pop music who likes Creed..Creed is a freakin rock band..They need to stop pandering to the top 25 crowd and get their freakin edge back man..Not one person can say that Full Circle was signature Creed CD..Mark is not a sellout..Hes not doing it for the money..He is a great musician...In order for Creed to be good again they need to rediscover themselves and stop trying to be Alter Bridge..I swear every time I hear Full Circle I think I am listening to AB with Stapp singing...The reality is that 8 years, distance, boucing back between bands has really screwed up Creeds chemistry..Please..just drop Alter Bridge..Its pointless..Myles is probably gonna be the replacement for Velvet Revolver..I highly doubt that Myles is gonna play second fiddle to Stapp much longer...Thats why this new AB cd will probably be their last..Besides..Myles and Slash have a great chemistry..As long as AB and Creed coexist we will never see the real Creed again..Yes id love to hear more music form Creed..but please..make it a good rock song and not some country meets top forty garbage..I swear for all the good that Full Circle had..half the album had me thinkin..What the heck went wrong??Man up creed..Dont let windup, Benson and corporate cronies dilute the greatness that still exists....
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #56
BSC
USER INFO »

^^ It's already been confirmed that the band were told to play Higher, it wasn't their choice.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #57
Odetolife
USER INFO »

^^ and Scott played WAWO for that event, it was suitable. And I'm sure that if they wouldve picked, it would have been something different than what's on the radio. One again GOD BLESS creed!!!!!! And all the creed fans out there!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #58
nagpo
USER INFO »

I wish this thread would get locked now. At this point were just repeating ourselves.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #59
Odetolife
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I wish this thread would get locked now. At this point were just repeating ourselves.
agreed
Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #60
Agent D
USER INFO »

At least until we get more information on this alleged new song.