++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #121
King Oropher
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Album Leak

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) And with the people saying its not the best album and whatever, I'll get to you when the album is actually released.
Go Nags

Some people are a bit harsh with the reviews but oh well. Remember there are other songs that haven't been released.

I'm seeing a lot of people on these boards that I haven't seen before, it's great.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #122
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) Well...this record is one melodic piece of work(thanks to Mark) with absolutely superb drumming from Flip, excellent Bass work from Bryan and Scott's vocals are so invigorating yet refreshing. 9/10 because of the 2 "filler" songs. (On My Sleeve and Away In Silence)

"Away in Silence" may actually be my favorite song on the record. I don't think there are ever any "filler" songs on a record that's put out. Remember, if the song ended up on the record, there was a reason it was put on it. Every song adds to the overall listening experience, and opinions are completely subjective.

-Nick
Old 10-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #123
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) "Away in Silence" may actually be my favorite song on the record. I don't think there are ever any "filler" songs on a record that's put out. Remember, if the song ended up on the record, there was a reason it was put on it. Every song adds to the overall listening experience, and opinions are completely subjective.

-Nick

Well if you read a bit further back after I wrote that I explained basically what you just told me to another user.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:01 AM   #124
BSC
USER INFO »

I really want to listen to this, but I want the actual CD in my hands before I do!

I've got to wait until the 2nd of November though! AAAH!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #125
revisfoot
USER INFO »

The album is really good. There are some songs on here that are even heavier than Alter Bridge's "heavy" stuff (Metalingus, Ties That Bind, etc). Away In Silence is probably one of my favorites. It's a totally different subject matter for Creed, but they pull it off nicely. I give this album an 8 out of 10.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #126
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

There is no reason THAT those who were sharing this didnt keep it in the forums and went out and posted it on all the torrent trackers..Its so stupid..I can understand wanting to hear the band before the release but why do that?its stupid and hurts the band..As I have said before I really dont have any issues with filesharing but it has to be done with some respect..I had no issue with it going public after its release but it seems like to me whoever uploaded it must have been an AB fan trying to hurt Creed or just plain retarded when you claim you love the band..I think the Labels and RIAA are crooks but I didnt want to see the guys get hurt..That is why I urge all those whoare on these forums and have either shared or made the dumb mistake of uploading it to go out and show your support for this band regardless of whether you liked the album or not..They put alot of workin into it and just because its not Myles, AB or whoever that is a bs excuse not to pony up the cash and support this great baND..
Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #127
in reality
USER INFO »

I found the full version of On My Sleeve on youtube, they even have the songs on there! I was going to listen to the 30 second clip. I must say I love this song, it's just awesome. I knew it would be this good.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #128
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #129
Trinity
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.

Yep... I'm waiting till I have the cd in my hands before I listen to it.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #130
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

I see the songs are all over YouTube, but I am restraining myself. I remember buying Human Clay the day it came out (September 28, 1999), bringing it home, and listening to it for the first time. Having not heard any song in advance (except for Higher on the radio) it was absolutely awesome to get blown away.

I thought What If was going to be another wussy song when I heard the intro and then BAM! it cuts right into the main riff.

I'm not expecting the same reaction for this album (for no particular reason), but I want to have that same experience where I bring home the disc and listen to it start to finish for the first time.

I think listening to the leak spoils the fun and the mystery.

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #131
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.
Not everyone needs to stare at CD artwork to enjoy the music.

Besides, many of us have it pre-ordered. We're not hurting anyone.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #132
in reality
USER INFO »

yeah, Chris, I agree with you. I wasn't even going to youtube for the full version. I certainly was susprised to see it! It probably will be taken down, but I just had to hear this song! I pre-ordered the cd from Amazon too. They have more songs on that channel, but I will just be listening for On My Sleeve. Can't get enough of that song. The rest I'll get from the cd.

Last edited by in reality : 10-24-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #133
00iceman
USER INFO »

I'm a huge fan. To me, a real fan pre-orders the album 2 weeks ago, and then gets a huge thrill out of hearing their favorite band's album before anyone else. It adds to the comeback for me. I agree with Chris, no one is getting hurt, most importantly the band is not being hurt. I will always support Creed by buying their albums.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #134
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trinity) Yep... I'm waiting till I have the cd in my hands before I listen to it.

Same here, even though the 8 day wait is killing me...

I'm not going to get into whole illegal/sampling/true fan arguement though..