++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #151
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) Shoot... all these people, should go back to PBF....where I was banned....I went there and was "LURKING", saw they were downing AB over that interview ....and said some bad stuff...and I stated my comments.....it lead from one thing to another...next thing.. I was banned...These people are weird...cultish...I would say...like Stapp is supernatural or something....What cracks me up is I knew Stapp....and ....he ain't right!!!! He still isn't...I am tired of his lies and delays....

Well, you know, they aren't going to allow you to bash or say anything negative about Scott. Afterall, it is a fan site dedicated only to him and his solo career, so you gotta expect that if you bash him(or say negative things about him) then you're gonna get banned. Fair or not, that is the way it is with fan sites. I know if someone came to the forums I co-admin, and said bad things about 12 Stones, I'd promptly ban them. It's a fan site dedicated to them, and negativity about them has no place there.

I am, personally, uncomfortable with the constant use of Stapp smilies, banners and avatars. But it is their forums, and the site has a beautiful layout, so I won't bash them. I think they do an awesome job of keeping people updated, and do a good job of keeping stuff positive over there. I don't know if the people over there are "cultish" but it definitely is not your average fan site.

Wow, it's funny how these threads keep turning into 10 page arguments, lol! Can't we get back on topic? The topic being that Stapp has(or is going to) shoot a Nascar commercial and that the album is tentatively scheduled for August? Can't we discuss what we think the album is going to be like? Perhaps there would be less arguing. Of course, just my opinion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #152
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: Shoot... all these people, should go back to PBF....where I was banned....I went there and was "LURKING", saw they were downing AB over that interview ....and said some bad stuff...and I stated my comments.....it lead from one thing to another...next thing.. I was banned...These people are weird...cultish...I would say...like Stapp is supernatural or something....What cracks me up is I knew Stapp....and ....he ain't right!!!! He still isn't...I am tired of his lies and delays....

Hmmm....interesting Jo. Why don't you give the REASON you were banned from PBF...and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STAPP! You were banned because of your FILTHY comments to me. And believe me....I have the proof of that. So quit making it seem like you were banned because you hate Stapp, because that's an outright LIE!

Talk about weird and someone "ain't being right".....why....since your Brian's aunt....do you give a crap if Stapp lies about his album or it is delayed? Your nephew is doing what he loves to do and I think you need to MOVE ON already and quit beatin that poor horse.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Well, you know, they aren't going to allow you to bash or say anything negative about Scott. Afterall, it is a fan site dedicated only to him and his solo career, so you gotta expect that if you bash him(or say negative things about him) then you're gonna get banned. Fair or not, that is the way it is with fan sites. I know if someone came to the forums I co-admin, and said bad things about 12 Stones, I'd promptly ban them. It's a fan site dedicated to them, and negativity about them has no place there.

I am, personally, uncomfortable with the constant use of Stapp smilies, banners and avatars. But it is their forums, and the site has a beautiful layout, so I won't bash them. I think they do an awesome job of keeping people updated, and do a good job of keeping stuff positive over there. I don't know if the people over there are "cultish" but it definitely is not your average fan site.

Wow, it's funny how these threads keep turning into 10 page arguments, lol! Can't we get back on topic? The topic being that Stapp has(or is going to) shoot a Nascar commercial and that the album is tentatively scheduled for August? Can't we discuss what we think the album is going to be like? Perhaps there would be less arguing. Of course, just my opinion.

Titan...sorry...I had to reply to Johellion....because she outright lies..so back on topic after this LOL. She was NOT BANNED because she bashed Stapp....she was banned for her very NASTY, FILTHY post to me. End of story!

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #153
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) Hmmm....interesting Jo. Why don't you give the REASON you were banned from PBF...and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STAPP! You were banned because of your FILTHY comments to me. And believe me....I have the proof of that. So quit making it seem like you were banned because you hate Stapp, because that's an outright LIE!

Talk about weird and someone "ain't being right".....why....since your Brian's aunt....do you give a crap if Stapp lies about his album or it is delayed? Your nephew is doing what he loves to do and I think you need to MOVE ON already and quit beatin that poor horse.

Titan...sorry...I had to reply to Johellion....because she outright lies..so back on topic after this LOL. She was NOT BANNED because she bashed Stapp....she was banned for her very NASTY, FILTHY post to me. End of story!

Really? Didn't know that and I was assuming it was anti-Stapp. Totally understandable to ban someone if they are being rude to a member or members. I wasn't around at PBF when that happened, so I definitely had no idea what the cause was.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #154
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: Totally understandable to ban someone if they are being rude to a member or members

She has been rude to a few members there...but I believe her post to me was the last straw. While I am an admitted smartass LOL...what I said to her in a post, didn't warrant what she said to me in reply to get her banned. She deserved that banning...in fact...I don't even know why she wants to be a part of a Stapp site when she has admitted to HATING the man, as far back as 97!!! Talk about weird and cultish

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:54 PM   #155
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
As long as people aren't rude about their views, and actually have a good reason for bringing them up, I don't care what they are.

I mean, for instance, I love AB, but I admit they have faults and I don't mind talking about those faults on an AB message board. The same would go for any band as far as I'm concerned.

Now, just completely bashing whoever the site is dedicated to with no reason is absurd and you should indeed be banned.

Also, attacking another member of the board should get you banned if it is serous enough. (I mean, calling someone a moron shouldn't get them banned, but ya know).
Old 03-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #156
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) As long as people aren't rude about their views, and actually have a good reason for bringing them up, I don't care what they are.

I mean, for instance, I love AB, but I admit they have faults and I don't mind talking about those faults on an AB message board. The same would go for any band as far as I'm concerned.

Now, just completely bashing whoever the site is dedicated to with no reason is absurd and you should indeed be banned.

Also, attacking another member of the board should get you banned if it is serous enough. (I mean, calling someone a moron shouldn't get them banned, but ya know).

Yup, I agree with all of that. I don't think anyone here has said Alter Bridge is perfect.(even though some people have said that people are saying that) No band is perfect, and Alter Bridge is no different. They have their faults just as any other artist(including Stapp) does.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #157
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by OneOmerta) Hmmm....interesting Jo. Why don't you give the REASON you were banned from PBF...and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH STAPP! You were banned because of your FILTHY comments to me. And believe me....I have the proof of that. So quit making it seem like you were banned because you hate Stapp, because that's an outright LIE!

I dont care if Johellion was banned for being rude with one or more people at the PBF board. Cos i understand her perfectly. PBF is a Stapp cult board, sorry to say that. And its completly understandable that someone can be rude with someone in there (they get on people nerves), cos the most of the board members are annoying and think about Stapp as a perfection.
I just think to be rude with someone must be cos she red something that she didnt like, and obviously i would do the same. You make a laugh of AB at your "Creative Section", and dont tell you dont. Dont tell me that is love what you have for AB and thats cos you have them on that section. We never had here a section laughing about Stapp putting quotes like you put on AB pictures. Dont tell me that you like AB and specially Mark, when you had a thread critizicing him just for being honnest and say what really hapenned...cos i think he is too nice anyway, he didnt say loats of things for sure happened at the Creed times...and that why dont like him...you dont like to listen to the TRUE.
And say that Brian always have been honnest...he said he was in a bad period of his life and stuff....he didnt lie. I met brian 5 time already and i have to say that he is one of the best guys i have ever met. He is nice and considerated with fans....Marshall rocks. Well, thats another reason why you dont like AB.

P.S. Thats funny how some of the PBF are here on the board with the invisible mode on the bottom of the main board page

Last edited by Trimontana : 03-14-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #158
Dani
USER INFO »
Gee, you stop visiting a forum for a few months and you come back and the same bullshit arguments are still going on. It's not worth it guys.
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/
Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #159
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) I dont care if Johellion was banned for being rude with one or more people at the PBF board. Cos i understand her perfectly. PBF is a Stapp cult board, sorry to say that. And its completly understandable that someone can be rude with someone in there (they get on people nerves), cos the most of the board members are annoying and think about Stapp as a perfection.
I just think to be rude with someone must be cos she red something that she didnt like, and obviously i would do the same. You make a laugh of AB at your "Creative Section", and dont tell you dont. Dont tell me that is love what you have for AB and thats cos you have them on that section. We never had here a section laughing about Stapp putting quotes like you put on AB pictures. Dont tell me that you like AB and specially Mark, when you had a thread critizicing him just for being honnest and say what really hapenned...cos i think he is too nice anyway, he didnt say loats of things for sure happened at the Creed times...and that why dont like him...you dont like to listen to the TRUE.
And say that Brian always have been honnest...he said he was in a bad period of his life and stuff....he didnt lie. I met brian 5 time already and i have to say that he is one of the best guys i have ever met. He is nice and considerated with fans....Marshall rocks. Well, thats another reason why you dont like AB.

P.S. Thats funny how some of the PBF are here on the board with the invisible mode on the bottom of the main board page

You know, PBF being a "cult" is your opinion. You seem to have said it like it was a fact, which it isn't. I don't think they are a "cult", but I do believe they all like Stapp a whole lot. And, as I have said before, there are some Alter Bridge fans who are every bit as obsessive about Alter Bridge as Stapp fans who are obsessive about him. It really goes both ways.

And(this is if I am correctly understanding what you said) you're upset that some PBF'ers are on these forums? They've got a right to be here(and this is my opinion) as long as they aren't disruptive and don't bash Alter Bridge, Stapp or Creed. These forums are for all three, and not everyone who is a member here is going to like all three.(although I do like all three equally) If an Alter Bridge fan goes over to PBF and starts bad mouthing Stapp, they deserve to be banned. Same thing if a Stapp fan goes to an Alter Bridge only board and starts bashing them.

I realize that there are some Stapp fans at PBF who HATE Alter Bridge. You know what? That's their choice, their opinion. You can't get angry at them for stating their opinion, whether you believe its right or wrong. As I said above, I consider myself to be an equal fan, so you aren't going to see me bashing Stapp or Alter Bridge. However, not everyone is like me(in that they are equal fans) and really, all the fights occur between those who are either extreme Alter Bridge fans or extreme Stapp fans. Don't be angry at the PBFers in the Creative Forum for making fun of Alter Bridge. It's their choice, even though I personally do not agree with it. Try to think of it from another point of view. Would YOU be laughing if Alter Bridge fans were running down and bashing Stapp? You probably wouldn't have a problem with it, while the Stapp fans would be crying foul. Again, it works both ways.

The truth is, we don't know what really happened. For all we know, Mark could be lying completely.(and, I'm not saying that he is or isn't, I really think there's truth from both sides) We don't know for sure who is telling the truth and who isn't. The PBF'ers who bash Mark must believe that he is lying. Again, it's their choice what they believe.

And, they(those who dislike Alter Bridge at PBF) have NEVER claimed to like them. It would be different if they did say that they were showing them "love" but they never have.

Now, don't take this as me personally attacking you. I just saw some things in your post that made me want to type up a response. Believe me, I don't want to get into fights with anyone here, which is why I haven't really said that much in this thread since the first couple of pages.

Peace,
Titan9

Old 03-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #160
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
That's really the trick isn't it? It is difficult to like both Stapp and AB because it is quite obvious that either Stapp or Tremo is a complete and total idiot.

Unfortunately, Tremonti has his bandmates, history, and sheer common sense backing him up, while Scott has the same things tearing him down.

I think however, that some people take it to far. For instance, I can't stand Scott Stapp. People here know that, and stating it again is nothing new. But I don't let the fact that I think he is a complete and total doofus inflence my judgement on his music. I liked Creed a lot, and I assume that somehwere in him is a guy capabe of making good music, hence my anticipation of his solo album, although I admit I would not be surprised if I am greatly dissapointed.

But so what? I think he is a big great jerk. Most musicians are. If he makes good music I'll listen to it. A lot of people won't, though, and that's why AB is so much more liked, and definitely a LOT less hated (and oh yeah, AB HAS A CD OUT!), because more people tend to think Tremonti is the straight up guy while Stapp is the egomaniacal pig.

I'm not saying what you should believe, I'm just saying that's why it seems like there is so much antagonistic feeling between Stapp worhsippers and AB fans. I don't understand it because no matter who the idiot is, music is music. And besides, all of the Beatles were seemingly jerks, no one dislikes them because of that!

And I hope that the Stapp fans here do not take this as an anti Stapp post. It really isn't. Everyone here knows I don't like him, I am not trying to bash him, only illustrate what I see as the problem (an almsot entirely avoidable problem, at that) between diehards of either camp.

Also, I'm not saying EVERYONE who hates Stapp or AB (although AB haters are a dying breed, I am pleased to notice) does so solely based on one issue. Some people just don't like their music. I know I'M no big fan of Stapp's lyrics (can't say anything about his music since there IS none), and if people don't like AB, fine, although I should think that OYE, BW, ILM would appeal to Creed fans. (And let's face it, there is not a soul on the planet who likes Stapp but didn't like Creed).

Anyway, I basically just think both sides have to rememeber that you can enjoy all the music and don't need to incessantly make fun of one or the other.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:15 AM   #161
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You know, PBF being a "cult" is your opinion. You seem to have said it like it was a fact, which it isn't. I don't think they are a "cult", but I do believe they all like Stapp a whole lot. And, as I have said before, there are some Alter Bridge fans who are every bit as obsessive about Alter Bridge as Stapp fans who are obsessive about him. It really goes both ways.

And(this is if I am correctly understanding what you said) you're upset that some PBF'ers are on these forums? They've got a right to be here(and this is my opinion) as long as they aren't disruptive and don't bash Alter Bridge, Stapp or Creed. These forums are for all three, and not everyone who is a member here is going to like all three.(although I do like all three equally) If an Alter Bridge fan goes over to PBF and starts bad mouthing Stapp, they deserve to be banned. Same thing if a Stapp fan goes to an Alter Bridge only board and starts bashing them.

I realize that there are some Stapp fans at PBF who HATE Alter Bridge. You know what? That's their choice, their opinion. You can't get angry at them for stating their opinion, whether you believe its right or wrong. As I said above, I consider myself to be an equal fan, so you aren't going to see me bashing Stapp or Alter Bridge. However, not everyone is like me(in that they are equal fans) and really, all the fights occur between those who are either extreme Alter Bridge fans or extreme Stapp fans. Don't be angry at the PBFers in the Creative Forum for making fun of Alter Bridge. It's their choice, even though I personally do not agree with it. Try to think of it from another point of view. Would YOU be laughing if Alter Bridge fans were running down and bashing Stapp? You probably wouldn't have a problem with it, while the Stapp fans would be crying foul. Again, it works both ways.

The truth is, we don't know what really happened. For all we know, Mark could be lying completely.(and, I'm not saying that he is or isn't, I really think there's truth from both sides) We don't know for sure who is telling the truth and who isn't. The PBF'ers who bash Mark must believe that he is lying. Again, it's their choice what they believe.

And, they(those who dislike Alter Bridge at PBF) have NEVER claimed to like them. It would be different if they did say that they were showing them "love" but they never have.

Now, don't take this as me personally attacking you. I just saw some things in your post that made me want to type up a response. Believe me, I don't want to get into fights with anyone here, which is why I haven't really said that much in this thread since the first couple of pages.

Peace,
Titan9

No at all Tita9. I think you post was really polite, no offensew at all.
Stiil having my opinion that anyone is gonna change.
Thats cool for your part that you like both, i couldnt do that. I cant like AB and Stapp at the same time, even i think Stapp was a great singer (just profesionally).
Old 03-15-2005, 05:52 AM   #162
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)
Quote: I'm not saying what you should believe, I'm just saying that's why it seems like there is so much antagonistic feeling between Stapp worhsippers and AB fans. I don't understand it because no matter who the idiot is, music is music. And besides, all of the Beatles were seemingly jerks, no one dislikes them because of that!

You said it!

Quote: And I hope that the Stapp fans here do not take this as an anti Stapp post. It really isn't. Everyone here knows I don't like him, I am not trying to bash him, only illustrate what I see as the problem (an almsot entirely avoidable problem, at that) between diehards of either camp.

It's obvious, Stephen, you aren't bashing him...

Quote: Anyway, I basically just think both sides have to rememeber that you can enjoy all the music and don't need to incessantly make fun of one or the other.

I'm a Stapp fan, as everybody knows here, cause my name and avatar... (and I really like AB, of course)... but I know he's not right all the time, he has his faults like everybody...
The only thing I really don't like is people trying to make foolish comparisons about Stapp and AB ... by the way, people on this board have to understand that any member here have the same right to express an opinion about (of course, not to bashing ), Creed , or Stapp or AB MUSIC!!!

If you like Stapp, good! If you like AB , good! And if you like them equally,very good: These guys had an important role on the rock's history with Creed,and this is bigger than this tedious discussion,..sorry to say that...but is true...

I have to say, however, the girls on PBF do a real good job on updating us about Scott, what his official site doesn't...and it's quite obvious that if you go there(PBF) you are not (presuming that) going to bashing Stapp...and if it's the same with AB forums...You have to respect the others members...Cause there's a lot of passion involved on it...and yeah, Music is made by passion, by emotion...and if there's not , please, so this is not music...and if it's not music....forget it...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 03-16-2005 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:50 AM   #163
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm feeling the need for a burger... can you feel it?
Old 03-15-2005, 08:31 AM   #164
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I'm feeling the need for a burger... can you feel it?

Definitely
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 03-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #165
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) No at all Tita9. I think you post was really polite, no offensew at all.
Stiil having my opinion that anyone is gonna change.
Thats cool for your part that you like both, i couldnt do that. I cant like AB and Stapp at the same time, even i think Stapp was a great singer (just profesionally).

Alright, cool. Glad to see that you didn't take it personal. I understand that not everyone can like the two equally, nothing strange about that.

And Uncertain, I definitely didn't take that as a Stapp bashing post. See, I can't defend Stapp as a person, because I've never met him and don't know what he is truly like. I can, however, defend Stapp the musician, the guy who makes the music. That is simply because I love his lyrics and his vocal ability. The same goes for Tremonti. I can defend him as a musician(because I like his lyrics and love his ability on guitar), but can't defend him as a person, because, again, I don't know him personally and I've never met him. I think it is important to draw that line between the music and the person. No matter how much of a jerk Stapp(or Tremonti) is, I will still appreciate his music as long as it is good. That's really the only thing that matters to me.