++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #76
dario
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First of all I would just like to say that when Christians are trying to prove a point about Christianity and use words such as "bullshit," it's kind of hard to prove that point when the bible specifically talks about taming your tongue; hypocritical if you ask me.
Second, I, along with you Jester, am married. I got married almost a year ago at the age of 20. Now if you believe in the validity of the bible or not, wouldn't you say that its standards for marriage are one of the best. It gives you a clear plan on how to make your marriage great. Obviously, I haven't been married for too long, but I feel that our marriage is following what the bible has to say about it. Along with the outline for marriage, the bible is full of teachings that nothing else comes close to. Morallity got its existence somewhere. The laws, the government, it all originated from the bible. Nothing else on earth compares to the bible. It has effected more peoples lives than anything else has. Now if you believe in God (which you said you do), why would God allow these things to happen if Christianity was not the right way? Why would the bible be the all-time best-selling book if this God did not condone Christianity? Now I realize, and agree, that the bible has been changed throughout the centuries. And? Has it caused mass chaos, or destruction? So it changed throughout the centuries, is this to say that God had no say in it at all? What if this was God's plan all along? So what if a few words were changed to make it sound better, will this really change your outlook on Christianity? Some of these questions cannot be answered, why, because there is no way of knowing the answers. We cannot even conceive what the mind of God is like. The mind of God that created this earth and all its inhabitants in such a way, that we will never understand it. (Once again, I'm coming from the viewpoint that there is a God because you acknoweldged that you believe in Him.)
Who is God to you?
Old 05-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #77
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #78
dario
USER INFO »
Actually, Jester, I would like to hear your thoughts on what the bible says about marriage. And if you are willing, I would also like to hear what the foundation of your marriage is and the keys you think are crucial to keeping marriage alive.
And about the swearing thing, that was my reference towards Sincir for using "BS." But the bible talks about taming the tongue in James chapter 3. Swearing is not a sin, but does that mean that it is good. There are more references in the bible pertaining to watching what you say, rather than the opposite.

-Dario-

"What we do in life, echos in eternity."
Old 05-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #79
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I can't say the "Why would God let the Bible become so popular if it wasn't good" is a convincing argument. Islam is something I consider to be evil, and yet God has lat that spread quite a bit.

I still do not see how the Bible has changed. No one has yet given any evidence to this effect.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #80
NakedSmurf
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) Actually, Jester, I would like to hear your thoughts on what the bible says about marriage. And if you are willing, I would also like to hear what the foundation of your marriage is and the keys you think are crucial to keeping marriage alive.

First of all, Since I'm Jester's WIFE, I don't feel that we need to justify our Marriage to anyone, especially not you. If Jester feels like shedding any light on your question that is up to him. But if you want some background information on me:

I'll be 24 years old on Tuesday. We have almost 2 children together. (Will be "official" in 6 weeks) We have been married for almost 5 years. Now if you look at our age that would mean he and I married when he was 18 and I was 19. Now because of our age, people automatically assume that I got Prego and that is why we got married. When in all actuality I got Prego 7 months after we got married. Jester and I only knew each other 9 month before we got married. Some people will say it's fast, but as most people know... You know when the other person is the RIGHT person for you. Now, I came from a broken home. I'm child 4 out of 5 and my mother has been married and divorced 5 or 6 different times. Only my older brother (Who's a converted Mormon) are "real" brother and sister. I still see my other brother and sister's as "real" but we just share the same mother.

Anyways.... I'm also Bi-Sexual. Now before you all stone me to death...... In your option do people chose or are they born: Gay or Bi or Straight or A Sexual.??? I feel that the reason for me being Bi-Sexual is because my first memory was when I was 3.5 years old being sexually molested by my 17 year old MALE Babysitter. So, wouldn't it be logical for me to fear men.

Jester and I were both virgins when we first got together and YES we lost our virginity to each other. Now both Jester and I are open minded mentally and sexually. I think it takes a REAL Man to handle a Bi-Sexual Woman who is also Bi-Polar and suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder. But If you met me in real life one would never even know. Why? Because my "front" is putting up the facade of being a Happy Person. Now obviously Jester knows ME and not just my facade.

So, I guess there is some background info on me... and Please do not stone me to death for expressing for who I really am.

----
Yes Marriage is "give and take", but one of Jester's Pet Peeves is to Never Deny For Who You Really Are. Jester hates the fact that I try to conceal my Bi-Sexuality, just because I'm married. He still wants me to Be ME and express for Who I AM. I do the same for him. He is his OWN Person but He's also my husband and I would NOT want him to deny who he is, especially to me.

Last edited by NakedSmurf : 05-22-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #81
NakedSmurf
Banned
USER INFO »
Ohh and FYI. Yes I know I'm a Bitch so if someone calls me a Bitch it's not going to be a Shocker or Offend Me.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #82
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
This thread has quickly gone south...
Old 05-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #83
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #84
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:05 AM   #85
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I looked at it somewhat, and frankly it is not too big of a deal. Some date fudging (also, some dates he clearly cannot be positive about), and obviously, the first, second and third centuries were a mess, in terms of trying to figure out which books were inspired. That doesn't mean all the books were changed by the Church.

Either way, it is obviously an atheist writing it, (or at least a non-Christian) and I wonder what Christian sources you have on the subject? It does not make much sense to look at it from one side and not the other, which you appear to be doing.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #86
dario
USER INFO »
"First of all, Since I'm Jester's WIFE, I don't feel that we need to justify our Marriage to anyone, especially not you."

I apologize if you thought that I was asking Jester to justify your marriage. I just wanted to know what he thought marriage was, the keys to making it work and the foundation of it. I wasn't looking for answers about your marriage.
I want to thank you naked smurf for posting a little bit about yourself. I think it would be hard to tell people some of those things that you told, especially to people you don't even know. Obviously, I have no clue what kinds of things you are going through or have gone through, so I can't say I understand. But I do understand the getting married at a younger age. I got married almost a year ago when I was 20 and my wife was also 20. We got a lot of slack for our age, but we knew that this was right for the both of us. In what I believe, this is what God wanted for us and being together has made us both stronger.
About the sexuallity thing, I believe that a person chooses to be that sexuallity whether it was voluntary or involutary. I have more than a few gay relatives and talking to one of them, he said that he chose to be gay. He was married to a woman for 18 years and then got a divorce and decided to become gay. Also, I was attending a class on homosexuality where they were trying to prove that you are born into homosexuality. The question was then asked about bi-sexuals and the professors said they could not explain that. So that is my opinion about that. I know that a lot of people will disagree, but I think this is an arguement not worth talking about.

Anyway, I was still hoping that either you, Nakedsmurf, or Jester could give me, what you think, are some vital ways to keeping a marriage alive. But more than keeping it alive, but also ways to making it succeed.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:15 PM   #87
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:52 PM   #88
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I know. I'm not sayign the article is crap. But it definitely did not convince me that te Bible has "changed". Yes, it was compiled in the fourth century, but amazingly, I knew that! Plus, the whole "the Bible was created by the Church who WON" thign is absurd. There WAS only one church. Sure, there were heresies, but that didn't make them churches, it made them heresies.

Anyway, cheers
Old 05-24-2005, 12:36 AM   #89
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:18 AM   #90
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) Yes uncirtain it is true that the author is a non-christian but... look at the footnotes the main source for the article is a CHRISTIAN scholar. Richard Carrier is a very respected historian by both the christian and non-christian communities because he checks fact and takes ALL things in to account before making a decision. he makes the decision based on the facts not based on bias which I have found all Christian writers and historians do one name that comes to mind is robinson. but I would urge you to look at the footnontes and research the people he lists as sources
i dont know that dude i will check,em out
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything