++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-10-2003, 12:09 PM   #1
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed Research Paper

Yo Guys,

I need your help with school. Can someone find some book sources for me about Creed? I need them for a research paper im doing. Its gotta prove that Creed isn't like Pearl Jam. I have one book source. In Fact jsut make one. I have Creed from ZERO TO PLATINUM. can someone find another? I need it soon. I hope you can help. thanks!

Jon

P.S Before March
Old 02-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I don't think there are many books about Creed. Try a search on Amazon.com .... or grab some backissues of RollingStone or other magazines.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-10-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
Thanks Steve, CHANG OF PLANS! IM DOING ONE CALLED

CREED:CHRISTIAN OR NOT!@
Old 02-10-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
souldancer
USER INFO »
I would refer to the mag articles and interviews as sources. Good luck and I am sure there are a few others that would like to see what you come up with. Is it strictly a written project? Cause if you could pull samples to compare music pieces - that would be fun and the students would appreciate the creativity and break! Sounds like you are already aware of those whose minds are already made up...just try to reach the ones in the middle. Good luck!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:39 PM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
I think "is creed is like Pearl Jam" is an opinnion, rather than fact you can prove. They do have some points in common so dont even try. No hard prove there. creed is really not a good topic to make research paper about, cuz they are essentially a success sotry like any other good selling band. Not much to research there.
If you want a creed related topic try something like -- how image helps to sell records, and compare user friendly creed, to indie looking At The Drive-In who got barely any sales, and "screw image" Pearl Jam who sell like 20 times as less now, once such attitude is not popular anymore.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:50 PM   #6
CollectiveSoul
USER INFO »
MIne has to persuade the reader to belive in something so mine is like "Creed has many varieties of music than just Christian based material" and explain why peopel think their christian and band responses to it and other stuff like that
Old 02-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #7
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Do you have the Maximum Creed CD, it has information and interviews on it. I can burn it for you and send it to you if you would like. PM me your address if you would like it. I am not sure how much time you have.

I think JenRN has a book. I think she mentioned that in a thread once. I am not sure what she has, but she may could help you as well.

Carrie
Old 02-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #8
Flip
USER INFO »
Re: Creed Research Paper

Quote: Originally posted by CollectiveSoul
Yo Guys,

I need your help with school. Can someone find some book sources for me about Creed? I need them for a research paper im doing. Its gotta prove that Creed isn't like Pearl Jam. I have one book source. In Fact jsut make one. I have Creed from ZERO TO PLATINUM. can someone find another? I need it soon. I hope you can help.  thanks!

Jon

P.S Before March

Right my man, What to do id Send an e-mail to creed's agents explaing your prblem and they will help you.

Or go to creed .com and ask the webmaster

¦¦Are you ready? ¦¦

¦¦Creed¦¦pearl¦¦primalscream¦¦zildjian¦¦Premier¦¦Alter Bridge¦¦
Old 02-10-2003, 10:29 PM   #9
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: They do have some points in common so dont even try. No hard prove there.

I agree that Stapp's vocal inflections do sound similar to Vedder's. But that's where the similarities end. Anyone who says that Pearl Jam's music sounds like Creed's either (1) doesn't listen to Creed's music (2) doesn't listen to PJ's music, or (3) doesn't listen to PJ or Creed's music. Their musical styles are very different.

Quote: cuz they are essentially a success sotry like any other good selling band. Not much to research there.

That's just not true... either you're not familiar with Creed's history, or you're ignoring facts. Creed quickly rose to fame based strictly on the merit of their music. They were not MTV or even VH1 wannabe moochers. They built a huge grassroots following based on exposure on the radio (an image-less medium) as well as their passionate live shows. Indeed, Creed is a sucess story that is very unique in the world of rock.

Quote: If you want a creed related topic try something like -- how image helps to sell records... and "screw image" Pearl Jam who sell like 20 times as less now, once such attitude is not popular anymore

Creed didn't build their following on image. Heck, when they first arrived with their historical first album, most people didn't even know what a single member of Creed looked like. And I tire of the "screw image" thing. Are you kidding? Don't you think Pearl Jam had an "image" that appealed to their fans? Of course they did -- grunge. They also portrayed that same type of *image* in their MTV videos, and VH1 videos. It helped them rise to fame.

If Pearl Jam was as commercially sucessfull as Creed is, would that diminish their music? What rule says that musicians must be only mildly sucessful before their music will be respected? What sense does that make?
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 02-10-2003, 11:09 PM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>I agree that Stapp's vocal inflections do sound similar to Vedder's. But that's where the similarities end. Anyone who says that Pearl Jam's music sounds like Creed's either (1) doesn't listen to Creed's music (2) doesn't listen to PJ's music, or (3) doesn't listen to PJ or Creed's music. Their musical styles are very different.

That's just not true... either you're not familiar with Creed's history, or you're ignoring facts. Creed quickly rose to fame based strictly on the merit of their music. They were not MTV or even VH1 wannabe moochers. They built a huge grassroots following based on exposure on the radio (an image-less medium) as well as their passionate live shows. Indeed, Creed is a sucess story that is very unique in the world of rock.

Creed didn't build their following on image. Heck, when they first arrived with their historical first album, most people didn't even know what a single member of Creed looked like. And I tire of the "screw image" thing. Are you kidding? Don't you think Pearl Jam had an "image" that appealed to their fans? Of course they did -- grunge. They also portrayed that same type of *image* in their MTV videos, and VH1 videos. It helped them rise to fame. &nbsp;

If Pearl Jam was as commercially sucessfull as Creed is, would that diminish their music? What rule says that musicians must be only mildly sucessful before their music will be respected? What sense does that make? </b>

Thank you Velocitydp. You put that perfectly! IMO though, Stapp and Vedder sound nothing alike though. I do agree with the rest.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:38 PM   #11
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Lechium,

Do you have to be so negative all the time? Every post you seem to reply to seem to put Creed down. We love having people stop by and join us in good conversation, even if we don't see eye to eye, but enough is enough bring a little friggin cheer to the board. If your not a fan of Creed why try to bring us down, I'll tell you right now if that's your plan your wasting your friggin time.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:35 AM   #12
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
he is just a negative person it seems
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-11-2003, 01:44 AM   #13
Lechium
USER INFO »
What? Where? Why? Where did I put creed down?

I said you cannot PROVE that they sound different from PJ, cuz it's a metter of opinnion. I said that they sell a lot a lot due user friendly image, and this is the truth. Image means a lot. Lot more than music quality really as sales go. If creed dressed up like Marylin Manson they'd sell less records. If stapp was scrony skinny guy they'd sell less records. But hey if many girls didnt find Trent Reznor to be attractive than NIN would had sold less record too. Image sells. It's a fact. And creed got one that sells well. They're nice, sorta Christian, good looking guys with a positive message. A lot of more conservative people would let that in over Manson just based on looks. That's a fact. I'm not bringing anyoen down here, just commenting.

P.S. Matter of fact if I needed to write a research paper I'd have one about bands with image that sells (creed, NIN, etc) vs bands with image that doesnt (At The Drive-In, Pearl Jam, Tom Waits). Good topic really.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:48 AM   #14
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
didn't you read what anyone wrote, people didn't even know what the band looked like or there names when My Own Prison was released and they had 4 #1 singles
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-11-2003, 01:57 AM   #15
Lechium
USER INFO »
To get top singels you need to get heavily promoted (fact). And noone will invest decent money in promotion if band does not have selling image. That's simple rule of business -- you make investments when they are safe.