++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 AM   #31
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
well...the link has expired by now...i'd have to reupload. which i won't do now because i'm going to bed. it's late and i work early.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #32
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
I dont have a "chip on my shoulder" and I'm not trying to stir up fights. My posts are in response to peeps that try to praise AB and criticize Stapp with ridiculous reasoning. Sure, Myles can sing, but he doesnt fit with the Creed-exiles sound IMO. And enough comparing his vocals to those of Robert Plant, Ozzy, etc. It's insulting to hear some of you compare his vocal talent to those "greats". You should be ashamed..
Old 11-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #33
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) I dont have a "chip on my shoulder" and I'm not trying to stir up fights. My posts are in response to peeps that try to praise AB and criticize Stapp with ridiculous reasoning. Sure, Myles can sing, but he doesnt fit with the Creed-exiles sound IMO. And enough comparing his vocals to those of Robert Plant, Ozzy, etc. It's insulting to hear some of you compare his vocal talent to those "greats". You should be ashamed..
point me the ridiculous reasoning... the only ridiculous reasoning I see on this board are on your posts... and on stappissohot's as well.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #34
InMyOwnMisery
Banned
USER INFO »
Every song on ODR could be on the radio except "In the End". You don't know what you're listening to.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »
Are you actually saying that a song like "Metalingus" could be on the radio? Are you serious? It's a bit too hard for "Rock" radio, and no way would it ever be played on pop radio like Creed was. I'm an equal fan of AB, Stapp and Creed, but when I hear comments like this, I have to pop in and say something.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #36
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) point me the ridiculous reasoning... the only ridiculous reasoning I see on this board are on your posts... and on stappissohot's as well.

Nice comeback.

You're sold out, man. No hope for you. Go listen to AB.

When I say ridiculous reasoning for criticizing Stapp, here are a few things I'm referring to:

1) You say his voice sounds terrible nowadays - You must be listening to another album, cuz it sure aint Stapp. This guy has one of the best voices in Rock. The only reason you guys say this is b/c you compare him to MK, who can hit much higher notes, but is in no way a better rock singer. Show me the "Guide to being the BEST Rock singer". Is it out in paperback yet? You should have enough sense to know that vocalists have different styles, brainiac. You guys act like complete morons when you go on comparing singers. I mean, you compare MK to the likes of Robert Plant??? What the hell? That right there rules out any credibility you guys have.

2)You criticize him for his "ego". Scott is charismatic and the ideal frontman. His rock poses are almost trademark. I see nothing wrong with the man having an ego. He's earned it. Half the reason you guys say this is b/c he's not afraid to tell someone off, or speak his mind when he feels. He responds to constant criticism from the media, ex-fans, teenagers on unorganizeed forums like this one, etc. What I like about the guy is that he doesnt give a flying sh*t what any of you think that have something negative to say....and you can't stand it. That's where you try to make it safe and say that HE has the problem. Get over yourselves. You havent been through what he has, or accomplished what he has. Worry about your own egos.

I can list more if you want.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #37
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
This has nothing to do with Myles x Stapp. It's like comparing apples and oranges. If there's someone to compare Stapp, it's Eddie Vedder. Both are barithones.

Actually, Myles was greatly influenced by Robert Plant, Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley, but I've never compared him to them myself.

As for Stapp having the best voice in rock, I've already said a ton of times I like barithones better than tenors. I don't know why you insist with childish statements...

What I do say is Stapp's voice was great back in the day but ever since the late Human Clay tour, it's gone downhill. Mainly for not knowing how to take care of his voice and for not being a trained singer. It's that simple. Now he can barely hold notes for as long as he used to and he can't sing in a higher range without screaming.

This is a fact, not an opinion.

As for your point #2, so you're saying teenagers can't be a fan of his? How about his former fans? I'm sure there's a plausable reason for them disliking Stapp now, coz it's hard to change a fan's opinion. I think you make too much drama for not admiting people can have opinions different than yours... and yet, your 2 reasons are too weak. Do you have better ones???

And again, criticizing the board and how it's run... the door is open for you to leave just like it was open for you to join the community. There's no harm in leaving, just be careful and don't let the door hit your ass.

"Go listen to AB" - my pleasure!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #38
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) 1) You say his voice sounds terrible nowadays - You must be listening to another album, cuz it sure aint Stapp.

For me personally, I'm not criticizing Stapp's voice on the album. Anyone can be made to sound great on an album - it's called digital editing. My concern is his live performances. Just wait for the tour to start, then we'll discuss his voice again.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #39
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
you're joking mate

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I actually reviewed Creed7352's posts, and it doesn't appear to be whining to me. he/she was merely pointing out the common bond that AB & Stapp now possess in getting airtime thru MLB. I'd say you're reading into it a bit too much Faceless_Man.
Weathered was largely negatively reviewed, so I can only guess that so many people bought it b/c they loved HC and were expecting much of the same. After all, something like 1 million bought it in the first month or so... then only 5 million thereafter.
Likewise, I think someone's a bit pissy, has a chip on his shoulder, and is looking to stir up shit intentionally. 2 posts from 2 new members using the term "Falterbridge" after never having heard it on here previously... are you guys from PBF, or what?

Creed have sold well over 34 million albums from their 3 albums. They were the most successful band in the world for 8 years.

The RIAA just stopped reporting on each album's sales and just gave the total of the three. Human Clay sold well over 11 Million copies (which was the last count from the RIAA) individually by now.

So we can guess that MOP sold 8 Million, Human Clay Sold 14 and Weathered Sold 12 ok. Which equal 34 million.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:58 AM   #40
adparaiki
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to adparaiki Send a message via MSN to adparaiki
I love both bands

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) it's possible to like them both you know...it's this narrow-minded thinking of stapp fans that i see all too often.

besides, you're like 15, you don't know anything yet as you have not experienced these things called life and the world. come back when you've matured.

I love them both for different reasons but I loved Creed just a bit more than Scott Stapp or Alter Bridge.

So I am still hoping for a reunion or please a last goodbye tour.

there's always hope!